Die Hard (1988 - present)

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Question, LFODH was called die hard 4.0 here in the UK (but I prefer the original name so I use that), does anybody know if AGDTDH will be called die hard 5 or die hard 5.0

Live Free Or Die Hard was called Die Hard 4.0 overseas because of the plot surrounding computers.. so calling the next one Die Hard 5.0 wouldn't make much sense, since the plot involves escaping a russian prison.

but i agree, one title is enough - why the need for films to change titles for different countries doesn't make sense to me.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    HASEROT wrote:
    Question, LFODH was called die hard 4.0 here in the UK (but I prefer the original name so I use that), does anybody know if AGDTDH will be called die hard 5 or die hard 5.0

Live Free Or Die Hard was called Die Hard 4.0 overseas because of the plot surrounding computers.. so calling the next one Die Hard 5.0 wouldn't make much sense, since the plot involves escaping a russian prison.

but i agree, one title is enough - why the need for films to change titles for different countries doesn't make sense to me.

Actually, the title was changed because it was considered "unlikely" that anyone outside the US would understand the "Live free or die" reference to the American Revolution. This is somewhat similar to License to Kill's title being changed from License Revoked because Americans supposedly wouldn't understand what "revoked" means (which, like John Glen, I find hard to believe, as I'm American, and I understand what it means).
    it's a shame Lesley Nielsen is no longer with us, I would much rather have seen A Good Way To Spy Hard.
    Lesley Nielsen! What a legend! He makes me laugh when i think of him let alone watch his movies! SSimply brilliant! =))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Jai Courtney will play Jack McClane in A Good Day To Die Hard:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/02/spartacus-alum-jai-courtney-lands-coveted-die-hard-lead/
    1047421_30fa_1024x2000.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The guy who plays Varro from season 1 of Spartacus is playing Mcclaine Jr??? That's odd as the guy was a grown ass man last time I checked. Looks too old to play wills' son.
    doubleoego wrote:
    The guy who plays Varro from season 1 of Spartacus is playing Mcclaine Jr??? That's odd as the guy was a grown ass man last time I checked. Looks too old to play wills' son.

Well consider the kid was like 3-6 IN THE 80'S, I'd imagine he's grown up -_-
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote:

He doesn't look like a McClane! I'd rather have Lucy back. Funny how none of the actors actually in the running for the role of Jack didn't get picked. :-w
    I recently watched the second one, Die Hard 2, and while it wasn't as good as the first one, I did still enjoy it thoroughly! The only things about the second one that weren't up there with the first were for one, the fact that it was at an airport instead of a high rise. There was just something more dangerous about the high rise than the whole airport stuff. The other thing is the ending, which was a little bit disappointing in that I expected a lot more after seeing the first one.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Die hard came out in 1987, so assuming he was 3 to 6 back then, he'd be 28 to 31 and the guy who plays Varro looks way older than 31.

doubleoego wrote:
    Die hard came out in 1987, so assuming he was 3 to 6 back then, he'd be 28 to 31 and the guy who plays Varro looks way older than 31.

Ha, okay.

MV5BODA3NzI3NDk3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ5OTU2Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR1,0,214,314_.jpg

Nah, he's at least 50, right? :P
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Our villains are Sebastian Koch as Komorov and Yulia Snigir as Irina.

koch_sebastian.jpg

snigir_yulia.jpg

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118052286.html?cmpid=RSS

Filming begins the last week of this month.
    doubleoego wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Actually it came out in 1988. Sorry, I'm a little obsessive when it comes to movie years! Hahaha.
    Die hard 6 should be titled Die hard another day, maybe Brosnan could play john mclanes brother in law. Agree that die hard 3 is where it should have finished.
    This one may change your mind. They seem to be scaling back again, this time it's in a prison.

The third and fourth films are alike, as are the second and fifth it seems. Maybe the sixth, and last, will be like the original?
    doubleoego wrote:

He doesn't look like a McClane! I'd rather have Lucy back. Funny how none of the actors actually in the running for the role of Jack didn't get picked. :-w

I don't like the look of him either. I don't know why Mcclanes son has to get involved. Why can't Willis just do it on his own without some annoying guy in the background trying to be just as cool as Mcclane but failing. I bet that he'll save John at least once.
    Oh yeah! I can´t wait to see the return of one of the greatest action heroes ever!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This one may change your mind. They seem to be scaling back again, this time it's in a prison.

The third and fourth films are alike, as are the second and fifth it seems. Maybe the sixth, and last, will be like the original?

That would be wonderful if the last one happened on Christmas Eve. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DIE HARD 5? YESSSSSS!!! WHOOHOOO!
    I wouldn't be surprised given enough time and all said, that there will be more damn Die Hard movies than Wrestlemania's by the time Armageddon arrives :-<

In the minority maybe, but I do feel they are going too far with these McClane movies now, and Bruce Willis still down for Part V, ?, where will it all end

They had the good sense to end Lethal Weapon at Part 4 when it had outrun it's course and even the awful Police Academy was put out of it's misery after what seemed like an eternity of poor releases, but Die Hard, while not as bad as that and sometimes enjoyable, well I just feel they maybe should of finished the McClane movies at number 4, I feel it's getting a bit out of hand now especially with subsequent releases lined up

It's simply banging heads against a brick wall here, but it's just how I see it
    I wouldn't be surprised given enough time and all said, that there will be more damn Die Hard movies than Wrestlemania's by the time Armageddon arrives :-<

In the minority maybe, but I do feel they are going too far with these McClane movies now, and Bruce Willis still down for Part V, ?, where will it all end

They had the good sense to end Lethal Weapon at Part 4 when it had outrun it's course and even the awful Police Academy was put out of it's misery after what seemed like an eternity of poor releases, but Die Hard, while not as bad as that and sometimes enjoyable, well I just feel they maybe should of finished the McClane movies at number 4, I feel it's getting a bit out of hand now especially with subsequent releases lined up

It's simply banging heads against a brick wall here, but it's just how I see it
    I agree. Die Hard 4 was the perfect finish. Bruce is ready to do one more too, and that is supposed to be the end of it all. I HOPE SO. The more they continue making these the higher the risk of the quality depleting. George Lucas syndrome has run rampant for the Die Hard series.
    doubleoego wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

I´ve only seen one pic with Willis and Varro test screening, so maybe that´s nothing to go by, but on that pic Varro looked like the most promising addition to the series since Hans Gruber died. So I couldn´t mind less if he´s closer to 50 than to 30. Only a wild assumption though ;-) .
  • we know that Mclain and his son will going to Russia...we even have some detail about the plot........

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

It was either a part 5 or a remake of the first movie. They went with a part 5 and, IMHO, that was the way to go.
    where will it all end

According to Willis, he wants to do six, so one more after this one.

I for once am looking forward to Valentine's Day! I like all the films to some degree and this one looks to be a step in the right direction, again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Samuel001 wrote:
    where will it all end

According to Willis, he wants to do six, so one more after this one.

I for once am looking forward to Valentine's Day!

Problem is, if the 6th film is a box office hit, Willis gets a big paycheck and ages well after.... there could a 7th..... IMO the studio is going to milk the franchise dry until Willis can't walk 10 paces without a cane........

I hope not, I really do. He's 57 now. For the sixth he'll be what, 63? A seventh would mean a near 70 year old action man. Willis doesn't need the money, so if he wants to stop at six, he should stick to his word.

The only time I want to see that is Indy 5, when it happens. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well if Expendables 2 is a big hit, and the whole gang decides to make a 3rd one... if Schwarzenegger and Stallone are still bad-ass at age 70..... a 70 years old John Mcclane wouldn't be out of reach....... ;)
    As long as it is Bruce Willis as McClane I am game.