007 Legends Announced

Comments

• edited August 2012 Posts: 51
    No need to be rude about it. I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong, I was just saying why I thought it was bad because you accused me of just not liking it for the CGI. Good Day!
    DamnCoffee wrote:
    No need to be rude about it. I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong, I was just saying why I thought it was bad because you accused me of just not liking it for the CGI. Good Day!

GOOD DAY TO YOU TOO!
  • Like I said, no need to be so rude. Calm down. :)

Yeah, oddly enough, reading back through this thread, even though I really dislike the movie, I'm rather excited for Die Another Day. The first time In 8 years in fact. I've always thought that Die Another Day would work better in game form. It's pretty much a video game anyway. Nice to see Stevens back, too.

The thing is though, I can't shake off the feeling that 007 Legends is going to turn out to be a mess. It just comes across as generic shooter to me. Entertaining enough, but I'm sick of the COD rip offs making the rounds lately. It feels like a cheap cash in overall. No doubt I will enjoy playing it. I just want a more stealth based Bond game. Something to tear it apart from the other generic shooters out there. It has so much potentional and yet they always seem to go down the same route. Just try something new! I hated Rogue Agent, but atleast they tried something new and original.

Activision have not impressed me so far. I'd rather Bond go to Rockstar, or even back to EA. Atleast their games felt 'proper Bond'. Everything or Nothing, etc.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited August 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Activision had impressed me only with QoS and a bit with Blood Stone. Good games.

The rest is crap.
  • I did have a brilliant soft spot for BloodStone, actually. Undercooked severely, but still they tried something new, and didn't play it safe.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 612
    Moonraker: Bond in space
    OHMSS: Bond gets married, is replaced by another actor for the first time
    License to Kill: Bond goes rogue
    Die Another Day: Bond goes CGI megafest
    Mission 5 (presumed to be Goldfinger)
    Skyfall: Bond's assassination attempt by MI6

Controversial, what'choo talkin' 'bout, Canadian?

By controversial, I really mean controversial.

Think about OHMSS, as much as some of us Bond fans love it, there's a huge group out there that hates it. Just look at the box-office numbers it got when it was in theatres.

Moonraker is widely regarded as the worst Bond film, next to Die Another Day. Personally, Diamonds Are Forever is my least favourite, but that's just me. I know plenty of people who would put Moon as their least favourite.

Then go to Licence to Kill. The movie was original supposed to get an R rating. It's arguably the darkest Bond film, and some people slam it for getting away from the Bond formula. It's amongst my favourites, but there are plenty of people here who don't like it.

And finally, Die Another Day. A lot of people hate this one, including me. It has its moments, but they are far and few between. I'm definitely not alone.

As for Skyfall and the unannounced film, I'm not going to make any assumptions.
    I think we should all stop debating and start again when we find out who was right. For all we know I could take place after skyfall and not remembering when he's under water.
  • Debating is the the main point of being on a forum. If everyone shut up and stopped debating then this would be a very boring place. Also, there's no guarantee there will be any kind of explanation...
    Well they promised us a intertwining and connecting storyline so I think we will get an answer. :)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 555
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    At least they could make a Black woman, doesn't needs to be Halle.

Exactly. They didn't change the races of any other characters (and they replaced basically the entire cast), in the new GE games. I think it's a pointless change that won't be explained, which they shoved so she looked as different to Berry as possible.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

A lawyer could probably still argue it was Halle, in that case

I don't see how. "She's black so she must be Halle Berry!!!" pretty stupid argument.

Yeah. A black woman, playing Halle Berry's part, in Halle Berry's movie, wearing her outfits, saying her lines.

Sean Bean didn't sue them because Trevelayn was still white did he? Like I said, it's a stupid argument. They could've kept her skin colour the same and changed her appearence.

Your logic is flawed. Just because Sean Bean had no problem with it does not mean that Halle Berry has no problem
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Anyhoo, I'm very interested to know what the Connery level will be. I'm hoping for Dr. No or TB.
  • RC7RC7
    edited August 2012 Posts: 10,512
    doubleoego wrote:
    Anyhoo, I'm very interested to know what the Connery level will be. I'm hoping for Dr. No

Me too. Although the way it's been going I can't see past YOLT.
  • I actually kinda like the concept. I often thought about a Bond game, that uses some iconing scenes, characters and story parts of all the Bond films and tie it into one big game. This however looks a bit too linear. I have no clue how they are going to do it. How do they connect these movies?
    I hope it will be fun to find out but at the moment, I fear it will be a mess of a game.

Still I'm interested. It could turn out to be great fun. ...of course on the other hand...it could also really ****.

Oh, and I wouldn't think too much about the timeline. I see it more as a tribute to the series. And after all, it's just a game!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Moonraker: Bond in space
    OHMSS: Bond gets married, is replaced by another actor for the first time
    License to Kill: Bond goes rogue
    Die Another Day: Bond goes CGI megafest
    Mission 5 (presumed to be Goldfinger)
    Skyfall: Bond's assassination attempt by MI6

Controversial, what'choo talkin' 'bout, Canadian?

By controversial, I really mean controversial.

Think about OHMSS, as much as some of us Bond fans love it, there's a huge group out there that hates it. Just look at the box-office numbers it got when it was in theatres.

Moonraker is widely regarded as the worst Bond film, next to Die Another Day. Personally, Diamonds Are Forever is my least favourite, but that's just me. I know plenty of people who would put Moon as their least favourite.

Then go to Licence to Kill. The movie was original supposed to get an R rating. It's arguably the darkest Bond film, and some people slam it for getting away from the Bond formula. It's amongst my favourites, but there are plenty of people here who don't like it.

And finally, Die Another Day. A lot of people hate this one, including me. It has its moments, but they are far and few between. I'm definitely not alone.

As for Skyfall and the unannounced film, I'm not going to make any assumptions.

I was being sarcastic. I know that the four currently announced films are controversial, and I was stating why I felt they were controversial (in a few short words or less).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Gustav's Living Quarters.
    558487_425738540797081_963712588_n.jpg

Closing in on Icarus
    284867_425738554130413_207062731_n.jpg

The Party
    420115_425738570797078_556944925_n.jpg

Aston Martin Concept
    255359_426064017431200_815092212_n.jpg

Zao (Clearly Rick Yune.)
    Exclusive_MAIN3_UNLOCK_dad_ermOL.png
  • oo7oo7
    no mention yet on how this rpg upgrading system works
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

Exactly. They didn't change the races of any other characters (and they replaced basically the entire cast), in the new GE games. I think it's a pointless change that won't be explained, which they shoved so she looked as different to Berry as possible.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

A lawyer could probably still argue it was Halle, in that case

I don't see how. "She's black so she must be Halle Berry!!!" pretty stupid argument.

Yeah. A black woman, playing Halle Berry's part, in Halle Berry's movie, wearing her outfits, saying her lines.

Sean Bean didn't sue them because Trevelayn was still white did he? Like I said, it's a stupid argument. They could've kept her skin colour the same and changed her appearence.

Your logic is flawed. Just because Sean Bean had no problem with it does not mean that Halle Berry has no problem

But it's stupid. Black woman doesn't equal Halle Berry. They've changed characters before and kept their race the same. There's no way she would've gotten any money out of them.
    oo7 wrote:
    no mention yet on how this rpg upgrading system works
    I would assume that it would be like the Weapons/Gadgets upgrading system in From Russia With Love.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I like those new shots. At last a Bond 'film' is ripe for the game treatment. Die Another Day will be great fun to play.
    Agreed. DAD Needed a game a very long time ago, BUT!!! Better late than never. :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If 007 Legends works, I'd love another when Bond 24 comes out with five more classic films. Even though the choice would only be from Connery, Moore and The Living Daylights.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 16,333
    I would too, I liked GoldenEye Wii/Reloaded to an extent but It tried to remake a timeless classic but it wasn't great. I think 007 Legends will break away from that mold and make this there own thing. Everything I've seen about this game looks great in my eyes. I think I'll enjoy it and I honestly think it will be a success.
    I don't understand why they've kept Zao's character so similar to the actor, but none of the other characters are.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I don't understand why they've kept Zao's character so similar to the actor, but none of the other characters are.

Graves looks like Toby Stephens and Zao look like Rick Yune. the only one who is obviously different is Jinx.

Edit: So far the only known character changes so far is Blofeld and Jinx.
  • Murdock wrote:
    Edit: So far the only known character changes so far is Blofeld and Jinx.

I think Sanchez might've changed too, since they didn't show him in the trailer for LTK at all.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    If 007 Legends works, I'd love another when Bond 24 comes out with five more classic films. Even though the choice would only be from Connery, Moore and The Living Daylights.

Or the developers could come up with an original story instead of just remaking old films without the original actors?
    Maybe there Keeping Sanchez a surprise. :)

I think the idea is cool. I've come to Terms with Craig as Bond in the gameing realm of 007. And since I've wanted to play more games based on classic Bond films this makes me happy. Some of the "original story" Bond games aren't so great either.
    Some nice new screen shots there!
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Murdock wrote:

Could be.
    Murdock wrote:
    I think the idea is cool. I've come to Terms with Craig as Bond in the gameing realm of 007. And since I've wanted to play more games based on classic Bond films this makes me happy. Some of the "original story" Bond games aren't so great either.

I don't want to play through classic Bond films without the original actors. And I like the games with original stories (especially the films with their own theme and a gunbarrel), because it makes me feel like I'm in a new Bond film, not one I've already seen.

I love the original GE game, but the reason I prefer Nightfire and Everything or Nothing is because they let me play through a new Bond film. As great as GE was, it was a story I'd seen at the cinema 2 years earlier.
    Murdock wrote:

Could be.
    Murdock wrote:

I don't want to play through classic Bond films without the original actors. And I like the games with original stories (especially the films with their own theme and a gunbarrel), because it makes me feel like I'm in a new Bond film, not one I've already seen.

I love the original GE game, but the reason I prefer Nightfire and Everything or Nothing is because they let me play through a new Bond film. As great as GE was, it was a story I'd seen at the cinema 2 years earlier.

Well I was mainly referring to Agent Under Fire but love Nightfire and Everything or Nothing. However Craig is the established Bond and there going to use his likeness. If 007 Legends used each Bond for there respective mission I think people would have found that confusing and wondered why they don't just use one Bond. I know it sucks but Hey, maybe there will be a cheat where you can play as any of the Bonds.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I bet they're using the likenesses of the actors who chose to return (from the more recent films), and remaking all the rest. Blofeld was probably changed because there are three actors to portray him full body, and they want a unified look.