007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    ZHalfter wrote:
    JILL AND TILLY MASTERSON!!!

Definitely some of the movies most beautiful landscapes.

And both lasted about 10 minutes apiece. Yeah, they were important.

I always felt bad how i disliked goldfinger then i come here and realize it's ok Don't get me wrong it's better then Mission impossible 2 but uhm yeah.....

I'm sorry, but John Woo saved MI2 from being the total disaster it would have been had they just stuck to the story. At least there are some exciting visuals thanks to Woo.
    Risico007 wrote:
    ZHalfter wrote:
    JILL AND TILLY MASTERSON!!!

Definitely some of the movies most beautiful landscapes.

And both lasted about 10 minutes apiece. Yeah, they were important.

I always felt bad how i disliked goldfinger then i come here and realize it's ok Don't get me wrong it's better then Mission impossible 2 but uhm yeah.....

I'm sorry, but John Woo saved MI2 from being the total disaster it would have been had they just stuck to the story. At least there are some exciting visuals thanks to Woo.

Goldfinger had hotter girls and better visuals but as weak a story as MI2 though to be fair i haven't seen it since 2000 and I own it on dvd.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I thought MI2 was good. Memorable pieces from that film, and a proud member of the franchise in its own regard. Though it is more of an action feature than a majority of the MI series, I always enjoy it as there is an interesting story in there as well. MI4 is the best competition for action next to it, obviously.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited August 2012 Posts: 7,854
    Risico007 wrote:
    Goldfinger had hotter girls

Yes, in fact you could say one of them was quite... golden (imitating Dr. Evil).
    Risico007 wrote:
    and better visuals

Other than Fort Knox, Goldfinger just looked bland to me. MI2 had laboratories, the villain's ending bunker and the final fight was in an area that fit it very well. Plus, how can you get past climbing the Grand Canyon at the beginning?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    how did this turn into a conversation about MI2?

Anyway the recreation of the environments for 007 Legends look great. I wonder what the outside of the Moonraker space station will look like. Piz Gloria gives me a Star Wars battlefront vibe. I want to see More of Licence to Kill, so far they have only showed Sanchez's drug lab. Die Another Day seems to have had the most shown.
    Murdock wrote:

Weirder sh*t has happened.
    Murdock wrote:
    Anyway the recreation of the environments for 007 Legends look great. I wonder what the outside of the Moonraker space station will look like. Piz Gloria gives me a Star Wars battlefront vibe. I want to see More of Licence to Kill, so far they have only showed Sanchez's drug lab. Die Another Day seems to have had the most shown.

I just want to see more of all the environments. This close to release, we had more info on GE2010, Blood Stone and Reloaded, but we keep getting so damn little about 007 Legends, it's angering me.
    Murdock wrote:

Weirder sh*t has happened.
    Murdock wrote:

I just want to see more of all the environments. This close to release, we had more info on GE2010, Blood Stone and Reloaded, but we keep getting so damn little about 007 Legends, it's angering me.

I think there doing it to build hype, but also keep it a surprise at the same time.
    I don't care about surprise, I WANT SCREENS!!!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would take this to mean the voice work is still ongoing with Craig. The game is being advertised as having his voice so no one can make that big of a mistake!
    Maybe this "impersonator" they think is so convincing has convinced them that it can't be the real Craig, even if it is.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I did think that but I also hoped they weren't that stupid. :)
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Hmmm, since this is the 2nd article about Craigs voice being impersonated I'm starting to think it might be true. We haven't heard him speak once in any of the trailers (although there's not much talking at all), so maybe they're hiding it.
    I don't want it to be true, especially since (I'm pretty sure) it's just Xbox Achievements who's even reported this (granted, news on other sites is limited).
  • oo7oo7
    "phizog" what a stupid word. DC is doing the voice, xbox chievo and ps3 trophy writers merely print any old guff to push out articles. craig was promised since day one, and admitted he was under contract to provide the voice. do some research games journos....
    Yes, "phizog" is a stupid word, just like "chievo" and "Journos".
  • oo7oo7
    both popular abbreviations for what I mean, phizog I could not say I had heard it before.
    dry your eyes.
    Sanchez's Lab Concept art.
    378336_428175290553406_537721399_n.jpg
  • oo7oo7
    looks alot like the room before the cradle in goldeneye.
    To me it looks like what it would look like if Ken Adam did the production design for Licence to Kill but with today's technology.
    oo7 wrote:
    both popular abbreviations for what I mean, phizog I could not say I had heard it before.
    dry your eyes.

I've never seen anyone use the word "journos" and have little idea what it could mean (possibly 'journalists', based on the context). As far as 'chievos' goes, I've gone on record across many sites stating how stupid that word is ('Achievements' isn't that hard to say, f*cking internet morons). What do you mean, exactly, by 'dry your eyes'?
  • Sanchez's lab looks too high tech, I wish they'd kept it more similar to the original design like the DAD level.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:
    dry your eyes.

I've never seen anyone use the word "journos" and have little idea what it could mean (possibly 'journalists', based on the context). As far as 'chievos' goes, I've gone on record across many sites stating how stupid that word is ('Achievements' isn't that hard to say, f*cking internet morons). What do you mean, exactly, by 'dry your eyes'?

dry up and blow away. the article was a pile of crap, they know no more than us was all I said. You sir are the 'Internet moron'.
    oo7 wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    dry your eyes.

dry up and blow away. the article was a pile of crap, they know no more than us was all I said. You sir are the 'Internet moron'.

I never, in any way, defended the article. I was, however, commenting on the terminology you used. Am I an internet moron simply because I refuse to use the half-assed slang that has, for some reason, become acceptable?
  • oo7oo7
    Well only the as referenced 'moron' might launch a personal attack on a member over nothing. you've been misguided in your observations before.
    I would desist now and allow the chat to return to the question in hand and avoid posting appendix articles which bring nothing but debate to how good or bad the journalism is.
    If you find some posts to be 'half-assed' then ignore them in future. This is a public board, not your dictatorship.

Revert topic to 007 Legends
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 23,635
    oo7 wrote:
    You sir are the 'Internet moron'.

Please, @oo7, avoid such pointless expressions. You are both clearly arguing against nothing, in essence agreeing for the most part, yet feeling mutually attacked surprisingly enough. However, the one who resorts to downright insulting another member, is by all means the weaker participant in the debate. This mustn't go on any longer, let's agree on that.

As for the Internet slang, in a personal note I can say that I find it detestable. Using practical abbreviations such as 'IMO' or 'iirc' can be perfectly justified I feel. Creating new vocabulary in full Clockwork Orange style, however, can only lead to confusion and misunderstandings, as well as to the user of such vocabulary to come off as intellectually pretentious. If you're going to type more than 4 letters anyway, you might as well type the original word. The English language is a beautiful one; no need to start condensing it at random. Friends of mine have tried to impose Internet slang on me, unsuccessfully I might add. I left the conversation immediately, stating very clearly that I might as well try to discuss the Grand Unified Theory with a drunk if the whole point is to create a babylonian speech confusion.

And yes, let's get back on topic now.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I don't mind some internet slang, sometimes it's useful shortening words, things like imo, etc. But some of it just really annoys me. eg- I hate it when somebody types LOL.
  • oo7oo7
    as far as I am concerned Journo and chievo are almost common place within both gaming and journalistic circles, I was not inventing anything.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    You sir are the 'Internet moron'.

Please, @oo7, avoid such pointless expressions. You are both clearly arguing against nothing, in essence agreeing for the most part, yet feeling mutually attacked surprisingly enough. However, the one who resorts to downright insulting another member, is by all means the weaker participant in the debate. This mustn't go on any longer, let's agree on that.

As for the Internet slang, in a personal note I can say that I find it detestable. Using practical abbreviations such as 'IMO' or 'iirc' can be perfectly justified I feel. Creating new vocabulary in full Clockwork Orange style, however, can only lead to confusion and misunderstandings, as well as to the user of such vocabulary to come off as intellectually pretentious. If you're going to type more than 4 letters anyway, you might as well type the original word. The English language is a beautiful one; no need to start condensing it at random. Friends of mine have tried to impose Internet slang on me, unsuccessfully I might add. I left the conversation immediately, stating very clearly that I might as well try to discuss the Grand Unified Theory with a drunk if the whole point is to create a babylonian speech confusion.

And yes, let's get back on topic now.

Merely threw it back in quotations.

I wonder if there are going to be any more recasts to the characters.
    What the hell will the title sequence be, and what will the music be?