007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Next week, from 007 Legends Facebook:

Wait until you see what movies we have in store for you next! It's going to be double the action!
  • I hoping that the Dalton mission will be TLD. love to see a pre credits scenario in the game leading upto a climax with Nercos & Whitaker. Both Joe Don & Andreas I'm sure could take up their roles once more.

I would never believe for a second that Michael Lonsdale would work on a computer game. Hope he has fun as Drax once more.

I think FYEO could be a nice addition to the game - underwater scenario, monastry climb, Loques Albanian warehouse raid. leading to a showdown with Bond & Loque at the cliff.

• bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    "Rogue spies have breached MI6 and uncovered information on pre-order exclusives for this year's upcoming 007 Legends video game."

It's the little things.

Onto the pre-order incentives!

Pre-ordering via Amazon will net you the Nemesis Pack:
    Play 007 Legends through the eyes of two notorious Bond rivals – Jaws and Baron Samedi. With the Nemesis Pack, gamers get to play as Moonraker's space-suited henchman or Live and Let Die's voodoo king sporting his iconic skeleton paint in the Legends and multiplayer split-screen modes. Unlockable only for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 system, for a limited time, while supplies last.

Pre-ordering via GameStop will net you the 007 Pack:
    Players will be able to dress for success in split-screen multiplayer mode with an exclusive James Bond character outfit, and additionally, use the most famous of James Bond's handguns – the PPK pistol. With the 007 Pack, fans also get early access to the Fast Switch gadget, which increases weapon swap speed by 50%. Unlockable only for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, for a limited time, while supplies last.

The final bit from the Activision press release gives some background on Legends, if you're not yet up to speed:

007 Legends features an original, overarching storyline tying together five classic Bond movie-inspired missions, plus a sixth mission based on this year's highly-anticipated movie – SKYFALL – which will be available as post-launch downloadable content. Each movie inspired mission in 007 Legends includes multiple levels featuring re-imagined movie moments that showcase state-of-the-art spy gadgets, an arsenal of weapons, sleek vehicles and exotic locations, where players will use Bond's quick wits and style to take down notorious villains and their brutal henchmen, offering the most diverse Bond gaming experience yet!
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    So this means, when we buy the game we can't play as Bond, Jaws or Samedi? I damn well hope not. They'll be made available in time, I'm sure.
  • Remember when you unlocked multiplayer characters by doing well in single player instead of pre ordering the game?
    Remember when you unlocked multiplayer characters by doing well in single player instead of pre ordering the game?

I have been waiting for a Bond game to bring this back! Nightfire did this the best. You had 11 classic villains and 3 classic allies waiting to be unlocked to play in multiplayer. Man, those were the days.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    00Beast wrote:
    Remember when you unlocked multiplayer characters by doing well in single player instead of pre ordering the game?

I have been waiting for a Bond game to bring this back! Nightfire did this the best. You had 11 classic villains and 3 classic allies waiting to be unlocked to play in multiplayer. Man, those were the days.

Argh! I hate exclusive DLC like that. It is about earning it, and not where you send your business to pre-order that matters.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350

Yes. That's classic gaming and I miss it. Why can't this be done today? It's just like unlocking content online by liking it on Facebook. Come on! X(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yes. That's classic gaming and I miss it. Why can't this be done today? It's just like unlocking content online by liking it on Facebook. Come on! X(

The problem is that games are catering too much to the casual crowd and forgetting the big fans of the games and how they want to be challenged instead of fed achievements and unlockables.
    Samuel001 wrote:

The problem is that games are catering too much to the casual crowd and forgetting the big fans of the games and how they want to be challenged instead of fed achievements and unlockables.

Exactly, and you would think that they would realize that people would enjoy the game more if they didn't have to pay extra, hard-earned money to get what should be included in the game! It's more fun to try and earn your multiplayer characters than to just slap down some greens and be done with it.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 2,107
    BOOOOOOOOOO!

I haven't sayd this before. But Activision sucks and I'm drunk. BOO, Activision, BOO!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Remember when pre-ordering got you a DVD, or something really special, instead of just DLC? For that matter, remember when there wasn't DLC, and we actually got a full and complete game on a disc? I miss those days.
    I'm never bought one bit of DLC. I'd rather spend that money on new games.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I only buy free DLC ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I'm never bought one bit of DLC. I'd rather spend that money on new games.

Neither have I Sam! I don't plan on it either. They always price it too high for something of either minimal or no enjoyment.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The only DLC I've ever liked was The Da Vinci disappearence for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. It actually had a good, long story seperate from the main game, which meant I wasn't paying for something I should've gotten on the disc.

Oh yeah, and Undead Nightmare, that was awesome.

What I don't like is DLC for things like multiplayer maps/characters, or single payer DLC that should've been in the main game (cough, AC 2, cough).
    I bought the PC versions of both Left 4 Dead games just to get out of having to pay for DLC. Well, that and custom campaigns.

I personally think that either DLC should be free, or games should be released at a reduced price, with the price of the DLCs making up for the difference.

For example: Deus Ex: Human Revolution should have been $45, as it's DLC, "The Missing Link", is $15. That would make the whole game the $60 that it "needs" to be. (Personally, since games have gotten much less interesting to me ever since the current gen consoles came out, I don't think this $60 price tag is deserved, but that's me.)
  • I'm very disappointed with this game...

It seems Activision is going to make another generic shooter with a very very little touch of Bond.

Oh well I still have my PS2 perfectly working, I can always play with some great 007 titles.
    For people that have played them, how big of a Bond factor/essence/feeling on a scale of 1 to 10 do the Activision Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded Bond games have?
  • Other than the gun, I don't really know why you need these multiplayer character skins since the game is FIRST PERSON.

Waste of money.
    Other than the gun, I don't really know why you need these multiplayer character skins since the game is FIRST PERSON.

Waste of money.

Exactly. It just sounds outright foolish.
  • For people that have played them, how big of a Bond factor/essence/feeling on a scale of 1 to 10 do the Activision Goldeneye Wii/Reloaded Bond games have?

4/10. And that's only because the story is GE (but they even f*cked that up). Gameplay wise, there's not much that makes you feel like Bond at all.
    I'll do this in parts:

9/10: Story - The GoldenEye story is completely intact, though I'm not a fan of some of the changes. Placing the statue sequence after the archives and the tank doesn't feel right, nor does resetting the ending from Cuba to Nigeria (I'd kinda think that if you were going to steal a top-secret weapon, you'd got to Cuba instead of Africa). The overall feel of the story is still there, though.

4/10: Gameplay - Sometimes, mainly when I'm being stealthy or doing takedowns, I feel like Bond. During the big action sequences, however, no. Sadly, those action sequences happen a little more often than the stealth.

5.5/10: Overall - It's a Bond game, but not all the time, and this is how I feel 007 Legends will be.
  • I'll do this in parts:

9/10: Story - The GoldenEye story is completely intact, though I'm not a fan of some of the changes. Placing the statue sequence after the archives and the tank doesn't feel right, nor does resetting the ending from Cuba to Nigeria (I'd kinda think that if you were going to steal a top-secret weapon, you'd got to Cuba instead of Africa). The overall feel of the story is still there, though.

Nah, because it doesn't have the cold war feel GE had, the modern day setting doesn't suit it. Plus, another way they ruined the story, Zukofsky died. For no reason at all.
    I'll do this in parts:

Nah, because it doesn't have the cold war feel GE had, the modern day setting doesn't suit it. Plus, another way they ruined the story, Zukofsky died. For no reason at all.

Except for the PTS, I never felt the "Cold War feel" in the film, either. It doesn't matter that Zukovsky died in the game, since they're not making a TWINE game (unless TWINE is a part of 007 Legends).
    Wish they leave things alone - unless they stick to the originals
    Would it not be good to milk the franchise and release a game from each film every 6 months - how excited we would all be to play the original story with the original characters. We know some people are dead in real life and may them rest in peace, but what a legacy they would have to be imortalised for everyone to see and play. They could use voice a likes to get over this. How about the boat chase in LALD or the race around the ice palace. IF ONLY !
  • I'll do this in parts:

Except for the PTS, I never felt the "Cold War feel" in the film, either. It doesn't matter that Zukovsky died in the game, since they're not making a TWINE game (unless TWINE is a part of 007 Legends).

It does matter though, because it's a pointless change that changes the GE story for no reason at all.
    Exactly how does it change the story? If not for TWINE, Zukovsky may have never returned in the film series, so for all we would have know, he could have died off-screen anyway. Now, had Trevelyn lived past the Cradle, that would have been a major change in the story.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    From the official 007:Legends page: Want to know what the next movie will be? We can't reveal it just yet, but here's a hint: it's NOT Thunderball! What do you think the next film is going to be?

I guess it's going to be Thunderball either way.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 774
    MrBond wrote:
    From the official 007:Legends page: Want to know what the next movie will be? We can't reveal it just yet, but here's a hint: it's NOT Thunderball! What do you think the next film is going to be?

I guess it's going to be Thunderball either way.

I'm confused, if they say it isn't Thunderball, why do you think it will be? I'm not sure if their misdirection would be that obvious.