The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    mtm wrote: »

Looking forward to this!
  • peterpeter Toronto

Thanks for posting. I can’t wait.

The first is superior as a story, but Craig added some more to the role in the follow-up film.

I can’t wait to see what he and Johnson have cooked up this time .
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Must admit I don't get the point of a title reveal vid if the title is in the thumbnail and video title! :D
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Must admit I don't get the point of a title reveal vid if the title is in the thumbnail and video title! :D

To be honest, that was my first thought, but the music, the graphics and Blanc’s voice put a smile on my face, 😂
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    True enough! I watched them both with my nephew recently, and he enjoyed Glass Onion more, I think it's a bit more fun and has the influencers etc. plot so I can see why- definitely looking forward to another.
  • edited May 26 Posts: 513
    Hmmm.... based on this announcement... does the 3rd movie perhaps take place in Transylvania and will it have gothic horror vibes?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm still wondering what the title may entail, because the lack of a comma seems very purposeful.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It's a bit of an unusual title, I wonder if it's any relation to The Beatles Revolution 9 supposed backwards message "Turn me on dead man".
    I know it's more than a bit of a stretch, but given the last title was Glass Onion
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Johnson has taken all the titles from songs, and there’s this from U2:

• edited May 28 Posts: 892
    Cailee Spaeny did not appear on Variety's list of young actors but she is on her way to stardom.
    Cailee Spaeny did not appear on Variety's list of young actor but she is on her way to stardom.

She was very good in Civil War.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 28 Posts: 23,858
    peter wrote: »
    Johnson has taken all the titles from songs, and there’s this from U2:

Pure coincidence i bought U2 Pop on cassette tape on Friday, I listened to the album on Friday night much better than I remembered.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Glass Onion is a little what would have happened if the villain from a Bond movie was a bore full of himself and completely shallow with Bond fulminating that that’s the kind of guy he’s supposed to fight now.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Cailee Spaeny did not appear on Variety's list of young actor but she is on her way to stardom.

She was very good in Civil War.

She was excellent in that. O'Connor and Spaeny weren't even really known to me about a year ago, and now I'm equally excited to see where their careers go.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Creasy47 wrote: »

They’re loading up aren’t they?
    Absolutely. This one is already shaping up to have the best cast yet.
    Another day, another announcement, with Kerry Washington joining the cast:

https://deadline.com/2024/05/kerry-washington-wake-up-dead-man-a-knives-out-mystery-1235942921/
  • echoecho 007 in New York
  • mattjoesmattjoes At my most trollish behavior
    edited May 29 Posts: 6,882
    A little young and not masculine enough. No, I don't think Cailee will be the next Bond.

Edit: Oh you meant Craig. No, I doubt he'll be back.
    Close and Scott? Awesome. I love C. C.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Glenn Close is more like it, getting better now.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Librarian wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I would like to see him do a light romantic comedy and/or a villain.

I wonder what would happen if EON made Craig the main villain in new Bond movie?
    Maybe not in 26, but in 27, 28? Who knows?
    I would watch this movie :)

They say never say never; to this I will comfortably say, never. This would never happen.

Craig would make a brilliant Red Grant.
    echo wrote: »

Josh O'Connor as Bond

" I'm all ears"
    Tom Hardy has just joined cast of KO3. What a cast this is shaping up to be. Rian Johnson doesn't make bad films. Yes I love Last Jedi!
    Glenn Close is more like it, getting better now.

We're getting Close, you could say.
    Great to hear that Andrew Scott will be in Knives Out 3. Great actor, such a pitty he was underused in Spectre. He should have been the main villain in a Bond movie.
    Kojak007 wrote: »
    Great to hear that Andrew Scott will be in Knives Out 3. Great actor, such a pitty he was underused in Spectre. He should have been the main villain in a Bond movie.
    But he wasn't, because certain producers, directors and writers, were too spineless to do what needed to be done. So Scott made an alliance, an alliance with Rian Johnson, to put the power where it should be.