Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    So today (11 December) marks my 11th year as a member here. All the elevens. Thanks to all the admins, mods and members who keep this community ticking over. It's been great debating Bond and other matters with you all over the years. This is indeed a true community bonded together by our shared interest.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2023 Posts: 13,934
    @Dragonpol Congrats mate, and if I may say, as far as members go (and top blokes in general), you're an 11! :)>-
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Congratulations on your eleventh anniversary @Dragonpol
    <:-P B-)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Dragonpol
    11 years of Dragonpol has me screaming for 11 more. Here's to you, sir!

ya3n0bffl8zx.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    So today (11 December) marks my 11th year as a member here. All the elevens. Thanks to all the admins, mods and members who keep this community ticking over. It's been great debating Bond and other matters with you all over the years. This is indeed a true community bonded together by our shared interest.

I'll be sending over 11 crates of alcohol and 11 dazzling beauties for you to celebrate with. Thanks for the many years of discussions and good times!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Well done, @Dragonpol! Have a ball!

108184-Ice.jpg
    edited December 2023 Posts: 17,808
    QBranch wrote: »
    @Dragonpol Congrats mate, and if I may say, as far as members go (and top blokes in general), you're an 11! :)>-

Thank you, @QBranch. I think you're a jolly good egg as well. :)
    Benny wrote: »
    Congratulations on your eleventh anniversary @Dragonpol
    <:-P B-)

Thank you, @Benny.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Dragonpol
    11 years of Dragonpol has me screaming for 11 more. Here's to you, sir!

ya3n0bffl8zx.jpg

Thank you, @DarthDimi. I'll see what I can do to stick around a while longer. :)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'll be sending over 11 crates of alcohol and 11 dazzling beauties for you to celebrate with. Thanks for the many years of discussions and good times!

That sounds good, @Creasy47. I just hope they're non-alcoholic drinks. I'm mad enough without imbibing! The 11 dazzling beauties sound just what the doctor ordered though.
    mattjoes wrote: »

108184-Ice.jpg

Thank you for returning one of my marbles, @mattjoes. Do you have the rest of them somewhere? ;)
    The other marble is somewhere in Q's lab. Whether it's found or not has little effect on future events. (See what I did there?)
    The other marble is somewhere in Q's lab. Whether it's found or not has little effect on future events. (See what I did there?)

Yes, well at least I've got one marble back to roll around in my glass head again.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Dragonpol congrats on 11 years at this fiesty feast that is MI6COmmunity! Glad to see you found your marlbes here..
    @Dragonpol congrats on 11 years at this fiesty feast that is MI6COmmunity! Glad to see you found your marlbes here..

Thank you, @CommanderRoss. Yes, this would be the best place to start looking for lost marbles I have to say. ;)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

108184-Ice.jpg

Thank you for returning one of my marbles, @mattjoes. Do you have the rest of them somewhere? ;)

I don't, but I know someone who does. Someone familiar to both of us.

MV5BNWVmNTc5NGMtMDIzMC00NTczLWFhOWQtNDYzOTAwMjU1ODc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Yes, well at least I've got one marble back to roll around in my glass head again.
    Haha! I didn't mean to take the piss, but that worked out well. Unintentional double-entendre there.

Where I was going is, in one of the video games, you can collect an item from Q's lab called the M.A.R.B.L.E. If you choose to collect it, the ending of the game changes, and you get a bonus cut scene with Bond and girl embracing.

108184-Ice.jpg

I don't, but I know someone who does. Someone familiar to both of us.

MV5BNWVmNTc5NGMtMDIzMC00NTczLWFhOWQtNDYzOTAwMjU1ODc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI4MjA5MzA@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Yes, that's where the other one is!

Haha! I didn't mean to take the piss, but that worked out well. Unintentional double-entendre there.

Where I was going is, in one of the video games, you can collect an item from Q's lab called the M.A.R.B.L.E. If you choose to collect it, the ending of the game changes, and you get a bonus cut scene with Bond and girl embracing.

You're fine, @QBranch. It's all in good humour. I must say I never would have gotten that connection on my own! :)
    And the fact that M wants marbles for Christmas decorations. We better get him some as well.
    And the fact that M wants marbles for Christmas decorations. We better get him some as well.

Is M going to put them on his Christmas tree?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy 11th anniversary @Dragonpol. I expect there to be the mother of all parties as Schloss Drache. Try not to get too Schlossed. ;)
    edited December 2023 Posts: 17,808
    Happy 11th anniversary @Dragonpol. I expect there to be the mother of all parties as Schloss Drache. Try not to get too Schlossed. ;)

It has been mad, @MajorDSmythe. My in-castle nurses have had to put me in a straitjacket. I did get a bit carried away last night. It'll be OK again in the morning though.
    Yep, on the apex.
    Yep, on the apex.

Best place for it. I'd be worried about M if he was going to put an angel at the top of the tree...
    I turned 42 today. At the same time, I'm celebrating my 19th anniversary as a proud member of this beautiful community. Time to party!! :-D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I turned 42 today. At the same time, I'm celebrating my 19th anniversary as a proud member of this beautiful community. Time to party!! :-D

Celebrating two in one in some wildly inappropriate ways, I hope. Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Dimi!

Happy 42nd Birthday, @DarthDimi and Happy 19th anniversary as a member here! Thanks for all your long years of service as a member and moderator here. My big birthday is coming up in October. They say life begins then though! :)
    Happy 42nd Birthday @DarthDimi 🥳
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Happy Birthday @DarthDimi have a good one, and congrats on 19 years service.
    edited March 7 Posts: 23,547
    @Creasy47, @Dragonpol, @Mathis1, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    Thank you very much. Nice to hear from such fine gents.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary to you my friend.
    You're easily one of the reasons for visiting this site on a daily basis.
    Now the less said about what went on in the mod house last night the better.

I'll let Sir Rog say a little about it...

75lcwf1cr4cs.gif

uhsoi67kgvq2.gif

I still don't know where our ping pong ball went.

82irdljwm67a.gif

Thank you, @Benny, my good friend.
    I now understand what it means to have one's "hands full"... ;-)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Happy birthday/anniversary @DarthDimi

85099566.jpg

As if I couldn't guess what the wish was, when you blew out the candle.
    Happy birthday/anniversary @DarthDimi

85099566.jpg

As if I couldn't guess what the wish was, when you blew out the candle.

Thanks, @MajorDSmythe! Frederica and myself are going to cut a few corners and get down to business right away, methinks.