Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Well, it's the big 41 for me today AND my 18th anniversary as a member of this community. Needless to say, it's been a ball so far.

k1jrvxonscpw.jpeg

Belgian beers for all!

It's always a joy getting to interact with you and you definitely make these forums what they are. Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, and here's to another 18 years around this place.
  • edited March 2023 Posts: 12,268
    @DarthDimi Congratulations! Happy birthday and anniversary! And thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm and wisdom with us all about Bond and other topics! I have loved getting to know you :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Happy birthday, my dear friend @DarthDimi! <:-P
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Been a busy week, but I'd be remiss if I didn't pop in and deliver a belated Happy Birthday to one of my favorite MI6 vets. Thank you for the years of stimulating conversation, debates, laughs, and online brotherhood. You are and continue to be one of the very best!

I was also going to thank you for all the fun we had at all the MI6 Christmas parties and office trips over the years, but the evidence of what was done during such outings has hopefully either been "haplessly misplaced" or "scorched" from the record, if you catch my meaning. :-\"
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Dragonpol, @Benny, @MajorDSmythe, @Creasy47, @FoxRox, @DaltonCraig007 and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Thanks, chaps! :)

The mess in the mod house... well, yes. We had said "no alcohol". And none of "that other thing". But when the bottles when uncorked, and "that other thing" ended up in "this thing" and then the "thing" with the Major and Creasy happened, oh boy. :-O Let's just say I'm glad that we managed to keep the police out of this and that no restraining orders were filed for.

Jenna... :x A future Bond girl?

Brady, I know what you're talking about. Don't worry, none of the evidence has been found. Yet.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DarthDimi, that's a relief, though you saying the evidence hasn't been found "yet" does prick up a few hairs on the back of my neck. I don't think I could afford the lawyers we'd need to defend ourselves against some of the charges that might come our way if certain things we "buried" long ago got, say, "unburied." Particularly one such witness, er, I mean individual, that we should have "dissolved" our connection with. Using lye.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2023 Posts: 13,894
    2 days ago, I hit a milestone of 18 years on the forum. As The Chairman once sang; "It's been a very good 18 years."

pointing-you.gif

Thank you to everyone that has made MI6 the best forum on the internet.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A very big congratulations on your 18th anniversary @MajorDSmythe
    The place just wouldn't be the same without you, my friend.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2023 Posts: 17,804
    Happy 18th Anniversary as a member here and thanks for all you do as a mod also, @MajorDSmythe. It's good to have you with us. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Belated happy birthday and anniversary to the man with the mask, axe and chainsaw, @DarthDimi! (or wasn't I supposed to share that?).
    @DarthDimi, that's a relief, though you saying the evidence hasn't been found "yet" does prick up a few hairs on the back of my neck. I don't think I could afford the lawyers we'd need to defend ourselves against some of the charges that might come our way if certain things we "buried" long ago got, say, "unburied." Particularly one such witness, er, I mean individual, that we should have "dissolved" our connection with. Using lye.

We only share information if it is needed. Don't worry, here at records we certainly know when we've 'lost' information, or when we've 'found it again'......
    2 days ago, I hit a milestone of 18 years on the forum. As The Chairman once sang; "It's been a very good 18 years."

pointing-you.gif

Thank you to everyone that has made MI6 the best forum on the internet.

And then there's the @MajorDSmythe ! Congrats on 18 years my friend! It's been quite a ride!

AFAK I'm also due for my pens... eh... anniversary, but less impressive than you two with my meagre 17 years. It's been a lot of fun guys 'n gals!
    @CommanderRoss
    loyr10f1nox2.jpg

Always good to see a veteran keep the spirit alive. We have to team up against those scary younglings we have crawling around here...
    Congratulations on a lengthy run to both @CommanderRoss and @MajorDSmythe! Glad you two are still around.

I hit my 12 year anniversary last month, I never remember to mention or celebrate it when the day actually arrives.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Many thanks @Benny, @Dragonpol, @CommanderRoss and @Creasy47

And congratulations on your 17th anniversary, @CommanderRoss. <:-P
    Congratulations on your 17th anniversary @CommanderRoss
    Looks like the forums had a lot of fine additions in that era of 05/06
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Happy anniversary, @DarthDimi, @MajorDSmythe, @CommanderRoss, @Creasy47. A toast to you all.

So when are we having the bunga bunga party?
    QBranch wrote: »
    Happy anniversary, @DarthDimi, @MajorDSmythe, @CommanderRoss, @Creasy47. A toast to you all.

When you lot are ready for this bunga bunga party, just send the invite my way.
    QBranch wrote: »

My little eyes say "Aye".
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Thanks, all!
    Benny wrote: »
    Congratulations on your 17th anniversary @CommanderRoss
    Looks like the forums had a lot of fine additions in that era of 05/06

Well, it was an interesting time for sure! And many stuck around for many years, until that treacherous affair with Mr. Brown 'n co..... Glad so many of us survived that!
    edited August 2023 Posts: 13,894
    As ugly as the '2011 Unpleasantness' was, the one good thing it did, was to show the true colours of the KTBEU userbase. Those that could be relied upon to stick around, did, and in their own way, roll up their sleeves and help rebuild the forum bigger and better. And not forgetting the many that have joined us since, also played their part.
    As ugly as the '2011 Unpleasantness' was, the one good thing it did, was to show the true colours of the KTBEU userbase. Those that could be relied upon to stick around, did, and in their own way, roll up their sleeves and help rebuild the forum bigger and better. And not forgetting the many that have joined us since, also played their part.

very true that. And it goes to show, this place is so good people keep on coming back. Even @Retrokitty and co returned for some time last year or the year before, after a long, long hiatus. Some amazing people here for sure!

very true that. And it goes to show, this place is so good people keep on coming back. Even @Retrokitty and co returned for some time last year or the year before, after a long, long hiatus. Some amazing people here for sure!

Agreed. Completely agreed. The 2011 thing was unfortunate but brought to light who the real really cares about this community.
    Do you ever get that niggling feeling, that you're forgetting something? I think we all do sometimes.
    Today I remembered that yesterday (15th October) was my eighteenth anniversary on MI6 Community / Keeping The British End Up forums.
    Been so many ups and downs over the years. Mostly ups of course, it's a testament to the members that keep me coming back daily.
    I never imagined when I signed up, I would still be here 18 years later, with Bond friends all over the world.
    Cheers.
    Do you ever get that niggling feeling, that you're forgetting something? I think we all do sometimes.
    Today I remembered that yesterday (15th October) was my eighteenth anniversary on MI6 Community / Keeping The British End Up forums.
    Been so many ups and downs over the years. Mostly ups of course, it's a testament to the members that keep me coming back daily.
    I never imagined when I signed up, I would still be here 18 years later, with Bond friends all over the world.
    Cheers.

That sounds like me every time my sign-up anniversary rolls around. I can never seem to remember it.

Pushing on two decades here is a huge deal though, @Benny, and I'm delighted to have gotten to know you over the years. Here's to another 18!
    Cheers.

Congratulations on 18 years as a member here, @Benny. Thanks for all you do for us as a mod as well. :)
    Congrats, @Benny. I recall the days when you and I were still young men trying to find our place in this forum. Then you dropped your pants and suddenly, we were made mods. Funny how that goes. It gives "Benny from down under" a whole different meaning.

Anyway, you're a great friend, Benster. And one of the nicest people I know. Here's to many more years of Benny!

Also, Octopussy is a great movie.
    @Creasy47 @Dragonpol and @DarthDimi my most sincere thanks.
    The cheques are in the post. ;)
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Congrats, @Benny. I recall the days when you and I were still young men trying to find our place in this forum. Then you dropped your pants and suddenly, we were made mods.

Now this, this, I wasn't expecting!

Anyway, thank you, @Benny, for doing some housekeeping around this place when it's needed.
    I remember that young whippersnapper on KTBEU, now @Benny is Our Man Down Under. Congrats Benny.
    I only keep coming back each day because of people like yourselves @mattjoes @mtm @MajorDSmythe <:-P
    Well that, and the money and girls. ;)
    Congrats @Benny! Now I finally understood how you guys made it to 'mods', I never got further than 'agent' on the old boards.... Happy you're still around Benster! It's always good to know somebody is keeping the British End Up Down Under.