Daniel Craig Olympics Opening

Comments

• brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Germanlady wrote:
    Take into consideration, that most people never read Fleming nor care for any source material. In a moment like this event, they are pretty free to do whatever they feel is appropriate - as long as it is awesome. Will it be? It sure is a tricky one...savety for DC and still make it look dangerous.

never...read...Fleming.
    They should know the facts
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/07/2012-summer-olympics-opening-ceremony-schedule.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

James Bond (aka actor Daniel Craig) will also be on hand -- in fact, he'll drop into the stadium on a rope ladder suspended from a helicopter as the James Bond theme music plays over loudspeakers. For real. This will follow a short film directed by Boyle in which 007 is instructed by Queen Elizabeth to launch the games.
  • Germanlady wrote:
    They should know the facts
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/07/2012-summer-olympics-opening-ceremony-schedule.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

James Bond (aka actor Daniel Craig) will also be on hand -- in fact, he'll drop into the stadium on a rope ladder suspended from a helicopter as the James Bond theme music plays over loudspeakers. For real. This will follow a short film directed by Boyle in which 007 is instructed by Queen Elizabeth to launch the games.

thanks for ruining my 7 year wait thanks a lot cheers, just ruined it thanks - spolier button just replace it with GL button, because you spoiled everything. where's my surprise, where's my delight? Thanks.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Häh??? Have you been here over the last weeks? This is NOTHING new...but thanks anyway. Appreciate your dedicated dislike. Always know, something nasty is coming, when i read your name - my way or the current Bonds way. Either one or both...I almost pity you - everything right now seems to piss on your fandome. Must be terribly frustrating...

..or are you just kidding this time? Naaa...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Please - @forgotmyusername is one of the funniest members on this website.

And I see you still have problem with people disliking Craig's Bond... sorry to burst your bubble, but DC only made 3 films, so disliking 3 films out of 22 is nothing compared to those who dislike Moore (7 films out of 22). A few pro-Craig here dislike more Bond films than those who dislike Craig.

Sure, because he shares your opinions. But yeah, those are really funny at times.

But and I am not sarcastic now - for you two, it is not a good time to be a Bond fan. There is very little, that you like and everything seems to be disappointing. Seriously, I think, I would leave and come back at better times. Its like deliberately aggrivating myself all the time. I hope, there will be a couple of years passed until a change but I hope for you guys, that they will choose somebody, you approve of.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    This is coming from somebody who doesn't really share his opinions, I think @forgotmyusername is one of the funniest people on here. Most of his posts get a laugh out of me.
  • Monsieur_AubergineMonsieur_Aubergine Top of the Eiffel Tower with a fly in my soup!
    This just in from a friend of mine at the tech rehearsal;

"There was a lot of stuff they didn't show us - and there was no Bond stuff shown. But in the queue to get to the station and on the train itself I heard various people saying the same thing regarding a certain actor and a helicopter. I can promise you there were helicopter noises at one 'dark moment' where they didn't go through a scene..."

Hmmmmm?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Germanlady wrote:
    Seriously, I think, I would leave and come back at better times.

That is utterly ridiculous. There's 20 Bond films without Craig in them, and you want to ban me and @fmun from discussing about them because we dislike Craig ? I actually love a bigger number of Bond films than some of the Craig fans here do.

Your quest to ban people from disliking Daniel Craig is getting bordeline ridiculous and hilarious. Last time I looked, MI6Community is a JAMES BOND fan site, not a DANIEL CRAIG fan site, so I don't see why on earth would people be allowed to dislike Moore, Brosnan, Dalton, Lazenby, but not Craig.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 774
    Please, not another argument that distracts a thread.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/cows-sheep-james-bond-what-more-does-danny-boyle-need-for-a-smashing-opening-ceremony/2012/07/26/gJQAg7TxBX_story.html

Nothing really new in that article, in fact, less than we already know with regards to Bond's presence, although this says Craig will only be in the film and the stunt man will be parachuting. But I hadn't heard anything about farm animals before.
  • Germanlady wrote:

Sure, because he shares your opinions. But yeah, those are really funny at times.

But and I am not sarcastic now - for you two, it is not a good time to be a Bond fan. There is very little, that you like and everything seems to be disappointing. Seriously, I think, I would leave and come back at better times. Its like deliberately aggrivating myself all the time. I hope, there will be a couple of years passed until a change but I hope for you guys, that they will choose somebody, you approve of.

Come on the opening is tomorrow - I can wait another few hours. And yes we know DC is going to be there. So a little bit of fun, I'm pulling your leg. Please don't revert to the stereotype about you know who not having a sense of humour.

But one thing is true and no matter what you say - a 50th event only comes around ummm every 50 years. Bond films every 2-4 years. What should be more important to the Bond world? And that's the point we've been discussing about on the other thread.

I'll leave it at that because no matter how light my intentions are in what I write, you feel picked upon and that's not right, everyone should have their opinions valued and aired here. So GL I'll be a bit more serious when I'm replying to your posts.

• edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Please don't revert to the stereotype about you know who not having a sense of humour.

Germanlady wrote:
    Seriously, I think, I would leave and come back at better times.

That is utterly ridiculous. There's 20 Bond films without Craig in them, and you want to ban me and @fmun from discussing about them because we dislike Craig ? I actually love a bigger number of Bond films than some of the Craig fans here do.

Your quest to ban people from disliking Daniel Craig is getting bordeline ridiculous and hilarious. Last time I looked, MI6Community is a JAMES BOND fan site, not a DANIEL CRAIG fan site, so I don't see why on earth would people be allowed to dislike Moore, Brosnan, Dalton, Lazenby, but not Craig.

I knew, you woult not get, what I said. Nobody said anything about banning.

I close this chapter.
  • I am very much looking forward to the opening ceremony and Bond's involvement, however, I have to say, I cannot see anyway that Daniel Craig will exit any Helicopter that isn't firmly and squarely on the ground, he's just too valuable a commodity, the insurance would be horrendous in a closed set film environment, but live, into a stadium, in potentially bad weather (they can't abort if it's raining or a bit blowly like they would filming a movie), it's gotta be a stunt man, hasn't it?
    Maybe they have prepared for both occsions- DC when the weather is good and othewise the stunt guy.But the weather is going to be good - so I live in hope..but abseiling is really not that much of as big deasl. What's the worst that can hasppen - he slips, hangs in the air and is embarrassed
  • oo7oo7
    what time does this start?
  • Coverage starts at 19.00 BST on the BBC.

When does the actual ceremony starts? At 20:00 or at 21:00 ( GMT)? Because some news sources say it's at 8:00 and others say it's at 9:00...
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 371
    It's 9pm UK time which is 20:00 GMT (We're not GMT here at the mo as it's BST!)
    Why so late getting into darkness?
    Thanks, Commander_Skyfall.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Why so late getting into darkness?

I think a lot of the more visually spectacular stuff probably works better when it's dark, especially the fireworks and lazers etc, it'll still be light here for maybe an hour or so from the start.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,444
    Dutch time: 21.20 (9.20 PM)
    English time: 20.20 (8.20 PM)

21.20 is what my tv guide wrote. To be sjure i don't mis it, i at the channel at 20.30 Dutch time when the program start on my dvd recorder. Til 21.10 i watch another program and then i move to that channel.
    I hope if they use Craig, they don't make him wear stupid safety stuff, although it'll probably be the stunt man.

I'm looking forward to the bit where he abseils in, but not the bit with the Queen, and I really hope Beckham isn't involved.
    I hope if they use Craig, they don't make him wear stupid safety stuff, although it'll probably be the stunt man.

I'm looking forward to the bit where he abseils in, but not the bit with the Queen, and I really hope Beckham isn't involved.

And if the Queen gives Bond a mission to assassinate Beckham?
    M_Balje wrote:
    Dutch time: 21.20 (9.20 PM)
    English time: 20.20 (8.20 PM)

21.20 is what my tv guide wrote. To be sjure i don't mis it, i at the channel at 20.30 Dutch time when the program start on my dvd recorder. Til 21.10 i watch another program and then i move to that channel.

Just to be clear, the ceremony starts at 21:00 BST (British Summer Time) that would be 20:00 GMT.

Here is a countdown if that helps:

http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/

Volante wrote:

Hmmm, that would be cool, but it's still the Queen. How about FIFA tell Bond to assassinate Beckham in the name of football?
    Volante wrote:

Hmmm, that would be cool, but it's still the Queen. How about FIFA tell Bond to assassinate Beckham in the name of football?

If that makes it into the Opening Ceremony, it would definitely be worth watching.
  • Volante wrote:
    Volante wrote:

If that makes it into the Opening Ceremony, it would definitely be worth watching.

FIFA?? Now seriously fellas, if ever there was an organisation to rival Spectre with the greatest villain since Blofeld at its head, look no further....