Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My anger levels went through the roof trying to get past a section on Shadow of the Tomb Raider I finally did it after 20 attempts, that was intense.

That's the thing with these games especially this one there is a lot of exploring and puzzles then all of a sudden you re being attacked by crazed savages and its like being thrown in the deep end,

Edited: These savages are going to give me a heart attack, jumping out of my skin here lol

Now you're making me nervous. It sounds like one of those moments in games, when there is a sudden, and infuriating, difficulty spike.

The last game I played was Bound By Flame. It might be a AA game, but the dialogue is AAA sass.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a great game so very happy I gave it another go I am only 45% done its vast which I like.

I recall a few moments in Tomb Raider the first game in the new trilogy where I was being pinned on a roof by a lot of mercenaries... took me forever to get past that part. I think you will enjoy the horror elements in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My anger levels went through the roof trying to get past a section on Shadow of the Tomb Raider I finally did it after 20 attempts, that was intense.

That's the thing with these games especially this one there is a lot of exploring and puzzles then all of a sudden you re being attacked by crazed savages and its like being thrown in the deep end,

Edited: These savages are going to give me a heart attack, jumping out of my skin here lol

Now you're making me nervous. It sounds like one of those moments in games, when there is a sudden, and infuriating, difficulty spike.

The last game I played was Bound By Flame. It might be a AA game, but the dialogue is AAA sass.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is a great game so very happy I gave it another go I am only 45% done its vast which I like.

I recall a few moments in Tomb Raider the first game in the new trilogy where I was being pinned on a roof by a lot of mercenaries... took me forever to get past that part. I think you will enjoy the horror elements in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I will get to SHADOW eventually. On my current playthrough of the reboot, I just passed the point where you have to destroy the breaks on the lift, to access the lower levels.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Finished replaying Tomb Raider earlier. In the next few days, I will move on to replaying RISE.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Finished replaying Tomb Raider earlier. In the next few days, I will move on to replaying RISE.

Looking forward to trying the first game of the trilogy again, I did start replaying it some time ago though may as well start from the beginning.

Shadow is getting better and better the further I get though been through some difficult sections where stealth and camouflage is vital. I think Shadow is just as good as Rise in many ways.

Having some easy gaming at the moment at the moment, I decided to create a whole new Minecraft world, I have three main worlds I have built for over a decade though they are so large one of the world keeps crashing.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anybody else love that final Diablo 4 beta or is it just me? Again, never played a second of the series until these past two betas but I had a stupid amount of fun.

Looking forward to trying the first game of the trilogy again, I did start replaying it some time ago though may as well start from the beginning.

Shadow is getting better and better the further I get though been through some difficult sections where stealth and camouflage is vital. I think Shadow is just as good as Rise in many ways.

Having some easy gaming at the moment at the moment, I decided to create a whole new Minecraft world, I have three main worlds I have built for over a decade though they are so large one of the world keeps crashing.

I'd suggest starting from the beginning, it's what I do if returning to a game after time away (especially if it's a story driven game).
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,102
    kupit-conan-xbox-360.jpg
    Bought a few games in the sale Prince of Persia The forgotten Sands and Conan. I played Conan when originally released on 360, it is a lot of fun as I am a big fan of the stories and universe. Conan holds up well after all these years, there is a lot of variation to fighting and some enemies are more tricky than others which keeps you engaged.
    Purchased a few more games in the sale...
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Dark Void

All games I neglected on 360, Dark Void is pretty good so far.
    Playing some more Shadow of the Tomb Raider Lara has gone very dark, been thinking for a few sections that Lara is the scariest thing in the game Lara is like a Apex Predator.

Minor Spoilers...

Pretty badass!
    Now Lara has hallucinogenic arrows, when used makes enemies attack each other it is pretty crazy, Lara is lethal in this game.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - Lara looks like she had enough of dealing with dirtbags. I will be starting my replay of RISE in a few days. After that, I can finally try SHADOW.

Last game I played was Bound By Flame. I fought, and defeated the beast in the Swamp, and must now lead the witch back to Valvenor. Time will tell whether I made the right decision to release her.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns - Lara looks like she had enough of dealing with dirtbags. I will be starting my replay of RISE in a few days. After that, I can finally try SHADOW.

Last game I played was Bound By Flame. I fought, and defeated the beast in the Swamp, and must now lead the witch back to Valvenor. Time will tell whether I made the right decision to release her.

I think I am enjoying Shadow more than the other 2 games in the trilogy, though all 3 games are great. Despite still playing Shadow I am going to restart the first game in the reboot to get the ball rolling.

Not familiar with Bound By Flame, admittedly as I took a long hiatus from gaming there are a lot of titles I am oblivious to.

I think I am enjoying Shadow more than the other 2 games in the trilogy, though all 3 games are great. Despite still playing Shadow I am going to restart the first game in the reboot to get the ball rolling.

Not familiar with Bound By Flame, admittedly as I took a long hiatus from gaming there are a lot of titles I am oblivious to.

It's a AA (rather than AAA) RPG from Spiders. Very shallow character creation, but you can customise armour and weaponry.
    Just purchased L.A. Noire and Modern Warfare 3 two more games I have never played before. MW3 is just installing will give it a go shortly.

Edited: For a game over a decade old MW3 hold's up well good opening to the game.

---

Nearing the end of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I am doing all the side quests and tombs to draw it out further, been a great game shame its almost over.
    Started my replay of Rise Of The Tomb Raider. I had forgotten what a tense opening sequence this has.
    Started my replay of Rise Of The Tomb Raider. I had forgotten what a tense opening sequence this has.

Wait till you see the tsunami then later an earthquake in Shadow, very cinematic sequences.

I forget is the Lara borderline torture stuff at the start of the 1st or 2nd game in the trilogy.

Wait till you see the tsunami then later an earthquake in Shadow, very cinematic sequences.

I forget is the Lara borderline torture stuff at the start of the 1st or 2nd game in the trilogy.

Torture? :-? Could it be in the 3rd game, as I don't think there's been any torture in either Tomb Raider, or Rise Of The Tomb Raider?

Torture? :-? Could it be in the 3rd game, as I don't think there's been any torture in either Tomb Raider, or Rise Of The Tomb Raider?

I will have to replay all the prologues again to remind myself unless I am thinking of another game.

Just about to enter the end game on Shadow which will stop me being able to use fast travel as soon as its activated.

Just finished retracing my steps throughout Shadow to try to get as close to 100% completion on every sub section... I don't think I did that on Rise which gives me a good excuse to go back to it later, plus I did not finish the DLC supernatural additional level on Rise.
    Finally decided to install Hitman 3, and take advantage of the World Of Assassination. Starting a new profile, I am going to rank each of the main locations as I go along.

1. Paris - 'The Showstopper' (Hitman)
    Finally decided to install Hitman 3, and take advantage of the World Of Assassination. Starting a new profile, I am going to rank each of the main locations as I go along.

I'll happily respond alongside your rankings. Paris is one of my absolute favorite locations in the entire trilogy - a little bit of outside extravaganza and a lot of assassination goodness to enjoy in the countless floors inside. It's such a maze of stairwells to climb/descend and pipes/ledges to traverse that there are so many quick and shockingly easy ways to reach your targets. Love it. I think it's my second favorite map in the first game.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    As part of their Days of Play promotion, I finally bought a disc copy of Gran Turismo 7

The disc is just an activation key. It installs the basic game and then requires a 113gb download to allow you start the game.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I bought the disc version to try and avoid this.

Modern gaming can sometimes really sucks.
    Mallory wrote: »
    As part of their Days of Play promotion, I finally bought a disc copy of Gran Turismo 7

The disc is just an activation key. It installs the basic game and then requires a 113gb download to allow you start the game.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I bought the disc version to try and avoid this.

Modern gaming can sometimes really sucks.

That's becoming more and more prevalent these days. Modern gaming leaves me feeling jaded more often than not.

Then you have the upcoming Alan Wake 2, which has some fans outraged because it'll be digital only at release, despite the developers noting if they released a physical copy, it'd be little more than what you described: a provided activation key that requires Internet access and a download anyway.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'll happily respond alongside your rankings. Paris is one of my absolute favorite locations in the entire trilogy - a little bit of outside extravaganza and a lot of assassination goodness to enjoy in the countless floors inside. It's such a maze of stairwells to climb/descend and pipes/ledges to traverse that there are so many quick and shockingly easy ways to reach your targets. Love it. I think it's my second favorite map in the first game.

Previously, it's been my favourite map of the first game.

Unfortunately, digital only games, looks to be the direction more developers are taking, Having not seen any mention of a physical release for the new Sherlock Holmes game, I reached out to Frogwares on twitter. The response that I got back, they have no plans at present to release it on disc. :-w

Unfortunately, digital only games, looks to be the direction more developers are taking, Having not seen any mention of a physical release for the new Sherlock Holmes game, I reached out to Frogwares on twitter. The response that I got back, they have no plans at present to release it on disc. :-w

So you've played the first installment before; any of the others or just that one? I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the other maps as a whole eventually.

Oof, that's a shame. I know those Sherlock Holmes titles have a pretty sizable fan base so that's a shame to hear for them.
    My Xbox One X has started being selective with 4K movies on disk and now some of my disks won't play. I have never been a huge fan of the disk playing app.

I may finally purchase a Xbox Series X. if I can't resolve the issue.

So you've played the first installment before; any of the others or just that one? I'm eager to hear your thoughts on the other maps as a whole eventually.

In the trilogy or overall? I have played them all, except Hitman 3, the most recent game. I finally took the plunge on a PS5, and while deciding on the first PS5 game to buy, I figured it was time to try Hitman 3. I had my IOI account nuked, so that I could start the trilogy fresh.
    Oof, that's a shame. I know those Sherlock Holmes titles have a pretty sizable fan base so that's a shame to hear for them.

I think this is the second Sherlock Holmes game from them to be released digital only. Though I want to try the game, I don't want to support the move to digital only releases.
    That's the spirit. The second one was a huge drop in quality for me - too many reskins and the maps were super underwhelming - but the third one rescued the trilogy for me and was really great for the most part. Still looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of them as you progress through.

For me, I've been working through the GTA Remastered Trilogy again lately, but I picked up Crysis Remastered and Dark Souls 2 in the PS Store sale yesterday. Hoping to dig into both of those soon.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Now that I have fully downloaded it, I have managed to have a couple of hours with GT7.

I am enjoying it a lot, and the Cafe mode gives everything a nice structure, at least in the opening hours. It is very glossy, slickly presented, but not yet too overwhelming.

I think the fact it is a cross-gen game does show, I'm playing on PS5.

The game looks great whilst playing but the crowds, pit crew etc are still stuck in the PS2 era. Its not so much a problem whilst driving but they're still extremely static. When you get the lovely menu replays and sweeping cameras, no one is moving around.

The driving licence challenges are a pain though, missing out on a gold by 0.1 of a second can be infuriating yet addicting.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 13,882
    That's the spirit. The second one was a huge drop in quality for me - too many reskins and the maps were super underwhelming - but the third one rescued the trilogy for me and was really great for the most part. Still looking forward to your thoughts on the rest of them as you progress through.

I liked the 2nd game, that map in the suburbs brings back memories of A New Life, from Blood Money.

Hitman
    Beautiful Sapienza, a lovely sun-kissed Italian coastal village. The underground laboratory, always makes me anxious, especially having to destroy the virus, and not be detected.

2. Sapienza - 'World Of Tomorrow' (Hitman)
    That was actually my favorite map out of the second one, the only one that really blew me away.

Hawke's Bay had potential but felt cheap in how linear and tiny it was. I loved the atmosphere but it needed something more - more buildings on the beach or at least a much, much larger house that was there.

Miami was alright, I loved the colors and how lively it felt, but it highlights one of my bigger issues with the series lately: way too many hollow NPCs filling it up. It was also annoying to traverse, with way too many overly lengthy paths you had to take to skirt the actual and inaccessible racetrack.

Colombia was nice, filled with lots of danger, and I loved the secret submarine pen, but again, way too large, too much running to get to certain points of the map, etc. That mansion part was my favorite section in it though, further demonstrating that I think my favorite maps in the series usually come out of one big building/house/mansion to explore.

Mumbai sucked. Way, way, way too many side streets and alleys, it was easy to become confused, and then that entire train station used up for one target and not much else was pretty irritating. The skyscraper section for the other target was awesome, but again, it just felt like a lot of fluff and only two sub-locations that were required for completing the mission.

Whittleton Creek rocked, flat out. One of my favorites of the trilogy and probably the only map that really, really impressed me. I liked the smaller size of it but I do wish more of the houses were open and interactive.

Isle of Sgail is tricky; on one hand, it's another one that's annoying to traverse and move around in, but the Eyes Wide Shut atmosphere and cult vibes were really awesome, a proper throwback to the older, darker days of the series.

Hitman
    Marrakesh, I walked away with a 4* rating. Which was surprising, given how I fumbled getting the masseuse clothing. The General(?), I killed by dropping the toilet on him. =))

2. Sapienza - 'World Of Tomorrow' (Hitman)
    3. Marrakesh - 'A Gilded Cage' (Hitman)