Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Have you ever played a game, gotten to the final boss, and realised that you have made such a big mistake? I just had it a few days ago with Bound By Flame. It was when I got to that fight, where I realised that my characters skills were so badly specc'd, and I didn't have enough materials to provide me with enough health/mana potions, as well as crossbow bolts/exploding traps. The final boss crucified me, I had no other option to start over. Not a decision I took lightly, as I had already uploaded the first 23 parts to my channel. But I had no choice. Now that I am at the point where I have a sub-boss to fight, before that final boss, and I am quietly confident. I have around 50 each of both potions, plus bolts and traps, with plenty of materials in reserve to craft more. I have also focused heavily on the Ranger class, earning all skills in the tree other than the stealth skills (stealth isn't really an option in this game). With the increased attack speed, increased dodge distance, fights have been easier this time around.

Certainly these days I tend to draw out games as long as possible so by doing that I almost power up to the max by default. 20 years ago I would likely of rushed through a game and got totally outmatched in a boss fight.

It's been an embarrassing mistake to make, when I have played many RPGs over the years. I defeated the final boss in Bound By Flame earlier. This time around, the final boss didn't give me much trouble. 50 exploding traps at the start, took care of the demon. For the second part of the fight, it was just a matter of dodging attacks, while whittling down its health.

Recently revisiting some old games I find any boss fight disrupts the fun of playing the game, I must be getting old lol

Same here, on my PS2. Going through my PS2, I completely forgot that there was an Alias game. I haven't watched that show in so long, I never did see the final series.

I never played the Alias game, my brother was a big fan of the show, I only watched a few episodes. I may binge watch the series one day as I don't know what happens.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Have you ever played a game, gotten to the final boss, and realised that you have made such a big mistake? I just had it a few days ago with Bound By Flame. It was when I got to that fight, where I realised that my characters skills were so badly specc'd, and I didn't have enough materials to provide me with enough health/mana potions, as well as crossbow bolts/exploding traps. The final boss crucified me, I had no other option to start over. Not a decision I took lightly, as I had already uploaded the first 23 parts to my channel. But I had no choice. Now that I am at the point where I have a sub-boss to fight, before that final boss, and I am quietly confident. I have around 50 each of both potions, plus bolts and traps, with plenty of materials in reserve to craft more. I have also focused heavily on the Ranger class, earning all skills in the tree other than the stealth skills (stealth isn't really an option in this game). With the increased attack speed, increased dodge distance, fights have been easier this time around.

Certainly these days I tend to draw out games as long as possible so by doing that I almost power up to the max by default. 20 years ago I would likely of rushed through a game and got totally outmatched in a boss fight.

It's been an embarrassing mistake to make, when I have played many RPGs over the years. I defeated the final boss in Bound By Flame earlier. This time around, the final boss didn't give me much trouble. 50 exploding traps at the start, took care of the demon. For the second part of the fight, it was just a matter of dodging attacks, while whittling down its health.

Recently revisiting some old games I find any boss fight disrupts the fun of playing the game, I must be getting old lol

Same here, on my PS2. Going through my PS2, I completely forgot that there was an Alias game. I haven't watched that show in so long, I never did see the final series.

I never played the Alias game, my brother was a big fan of the show, I only watched a few episodes. I may binge watch the series one day as I don't know what happens.

A lot of TV shows from the early 2000’s had video games, some pretty fun ones too. 24 and Futurama spring to mind. The Shield had one too but I never watched/played that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mallory wrote: »

A lot of TV shows from the early 2000’s had video games, some pretty fun ones too. 24 and Futurama spring to mind. The Shield had one too but I never watched/played that.

24 is one of my favorite TV shows though never knew there was a game, around that period I did have a hiatus from gaming.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dark Angel, that's another tv show that had the videogame treatment.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    a88c0ab2f1fd978e931c.jpg

Set 20 years after the events Headhunter, Jack Wade is back, and this time he has help. 'Redemption' lacks the satirical Paul Veerhoven-esque tone of the first game, but I like this one too, maybe a little more. here's a dormant series that could should get the reboot treatment.
    a88c0ab2f1fd978e931c.jpg

Set 20 years after the events Headhunter, Jack Wade is back, and this time he has help. 'Redemption' lacks the satirical Paul Veerhoven-esque tone of the first game, but I like this one too, maybe a little more. here's a dormant series that could should get the reboot treatment.

There are way too many games I missed out on, I shloud do a deep dive and see what I missed during my gaming hiatus years.
    Xbox have a sale on so bought a few games...

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original adventures
    never played any of these games, though i own all the LEGO Star Wars games.
    Star Wars: The Force Unleashed owned this years ago, very good game.
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic only played the second game.
    Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
    a88c0ab2f1fd978e931c.jpg

There are way too many games I missed out on, I shloud do a deep dive and see what I missed during my gaming hiatus years.

They've aged a bit, there's some jank to the character's movement. But both are worth seeking out. And both can be sought out quite easily. 6th gen games are at a point where rare ones can go for high prices. But neither Headhunter games are considered rare.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    a88c0ab2f1fd978e931c.jpg

I still have a copy of a Dreamcast magazine with an article on the first game. Never played it, but I'd love to.
  • Xbox have a sale on so bought a few games...

Hope you enjoy the first KOTOR! Definitely my favorite Star Wars game. Perhaps even my favorite RPG!

Hope you enjoy the first KOTOR! Definitely my favorite Star Wars game. Perhaps even my favorite RPG!

I had a quick look earlier, still learning the basics changing character etc. I have about a dozen Star Wars games now.
  • Xbox have a sale on so bought a few games...

I had a quick look earlier, still learning the basics changing character etc. I have about a dozen Star Wars games now.

Same here. My SW game collection is actually much, much bigger than my Bond game collection. A lot of the titles I own are on Steam, but I’ve also been collecting titles not available on either Steam, or any store. I think you’ll be in for a great time with KOTOR. Narratively speaking, it has the best story of all the SW Games imo, and even rivals the movies at times.

Same here. My SW game collection is actually much, much bigger than my Bond game collection. A lot of the titles I own are on Steam, but I’ve also been collecting titles not available on either Steam, or any store. I think you’ll be in for a great time with KOTOR. Narratively speaking, it has the best story of all the SW Games imo, and even rivals the movies at times.

Likewise I have 7 Bond games currently 6 on disk, all my Star Wars games are digital copies on Xbox, and almost forgot I have two copies on Battle Front 2 (the original game) one is on PC which is disks.

I have yet to buy Jedi: Survivor though I still have not completed the first game yet. I am not the biggest fan of the sequel trilogy so I expect KOTOR will be better than those films. a lot of YouTuber's rate KOTOR very highly.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    a88c0ab2f1fd978e931c.jpg

I still have a copy of a Dreamcast magazine with an article on the first game. Never played it, but I'd love to.

I never had a Dreamcast, it came and went before I was able to get one (R.I.P. Sega consoles). But on the PS2, if you still have the console, or can get one, copies of Headhunter are still cheap (in the UK, £10 will get you a good clean copy with the manual, and still leave you some change). For a game that is 22 years old, expect it to show it's age, but it is still playable).
    Playing Force Unleashed and laying waste to everything on Kashyyyk as Vader, I forgot how much fun this game was.
    Bloody Xbox update has messed up my home page and forcing a ton of adds in favor of my groups and i am not sure I can edit my home page any more?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's one of the main reasons I don't want a new Xbox: the main menus are just cluttered with ads and garbage, the same problem I have any time I'm forced to use a Windows computer. No thanks.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That's one of the main reasons I don't want a new Xbox: the main menus are just cluttered with ads and garbage, the same problem I have any time I'm forced to use a Windows computer. No thanks.

Up until today you could remove some things, now it appears Xbox won't let you. most of the stuff on the home screen i am not interested in, I tried not to lose my temper lol
    rockstarlanoire-20170914.jpg
    I never bothered with this game when it was released, my interest in gaming at the time was low. Really enjoying this game, as a fan of the genre I like what they have done here, and the Black and white option is a added bonus.
    The Technomancer

From the same developers as Bound By Flame, Spiders. Another RPG, but this one is a Sci-Fi RPG, set on Mars. Spiders do love their Explosive Traps. I can't remember if there were any in Greedfall.
    Yakuza 0
    Between the Disco, Karaoke and Mahjong mini games, doesn't look like I will be getting the platinum after all. I just can't get my head around Mahjong. And as much I don't like the Karaoke mini game, I really don't like Disco one. Oh well, I play these games for their content, not trophies. I will get what I can, then move on to Yakuza Kiwami.
    Playing a bit of Red Dead Redemption though very early on in the game still as I originally played this on another profile which I cannot access. Looking through my Xbox games I found a copy of L.A. Noire which I just bought on STEAM, I really should check what games already own before buying lol
    Playing a bit of Red Dead Redemption though very early on in the game still as I originally played this on another profile which I cannot access. Looking through my Xbox games I found a copy of L.A. Noire which I just bought on STEAM, I really should check what games already own before buying lol

They're about to finally release that PS3 port next week for the game...at a $50 price tag. Big pass. It's not even a remaster. It's more video game greed that tarnishes my enjoyment.

They're about to finally release that PS3 port next week for the game...at a $50 price tag. Big pass. It's not even a remaster. It's more video game greed that tarnishes my enjoyment.

Is that the remastered version I keep hearing about which will also be released on Switch? Gaming channels have been calling it a remaster... That is a bit pricey considering its age, great game but they are having a laugh at that price.

Is that the remastered version I keep hearing about which will also be released on Switch? Gaming channels have been calling it a remaster... That is a bit pricey considering its age, great game but they are having a laugh at that price.

For the longest time, there was a rumored remaster but this one's a straight port of the PS3 version. It's not even the optimized version on the Xbox One, I believe, that runs at 60FPS! I think this one will top out around 720p or so too. Unbelievable.

For the longest time, there was a rumored remaster but this one's a straight port of the PS3 version. It's not even the optimized version on the Xbox One, I believe, that runs at 60FPS! I think this one will top out around 720p or so too. Unbelievable.

It's also going to be on last gen only!

I ended up watching a GAMESPOT review from a few days ago that covered all the points you made, Rockstar are really taking the ****. The version I have is the older Xbox 360 disk.

I ended up watching a GAMESPOT review from a few days ago that covered all the points you made, Rockstar are really taking the ****. The version I have is the older Xbox 360 disk.

Oddly enough, I think owning the 360 disc is all you need to get that sweet Xbox One upgrade, versus shelling out $50 for a digital port of what you already own. It's such a joke.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 23,364

Oddly enough, I think owning the 360 disc is all you need to get that sweet Xbox One upgrade, versus shelling out $50 for a digital port of what you already own. It's such a joke.

Playing RDR now on Xbox One not sure I have had any upgrade though admittedly never tried, I will have a quick look in the store. it may have upgraded with me not paying attention though lol

Edited: glad I checked the store as there were ten add on packs either free or dirt cheap for RDR that I had not installed.

Playing RDR now on Xbox One not sure I have had any upgrade though admittedly never tried, I will have a quick look in the store. it may have upgraded with me not paying attention though lol

Edited: glad I checked the store as there were ten add on packs either free or dirt cheap for RDR that I had not installed.

I'm not as knowledgable about it as I think but I do know that one of the newer Xbox versions does let you play an "upgraded" version of it for free, which is curiously not the version they're trying to offer for $50. I don't get it.