Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2023 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    What a sweetheart, I didn't know she had passed two years back. I loved having her as a companion in the game, always fun.

I had to stop using her/him, as the sounds of Dogmeat yelping while being overrun by a pack of ghouls or some other Wasteland monstrosity, at a stage too early in the game for me to properly be able to defend us both, was upsetting. I would take Dogmeat back to Sanctuary Hills, to be safe.

This thread on twitter, might bring a tear to the eye, but will make you smile too.

Dogmeat is a tether. He grounds you in the world, will always stand by you, lead you to your family, and anticipate your needs. He wants you to be safe and happy.

In other words, he loves you.

And if love is River's legacy, I am contented.

Rest in peace, big girl.

What better tribute can there be than that?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's too precious. It's hard to lose a pet when they're just another member of your family. My dog passed away back in late November, had her since I was in middle school or so so it was a very tough few weeks for me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No matter how much time we have with them, it's never enough. I had to have my dog put to sleep back in late 2021. After my parents passed away, he was never the same. From that point, on, over the next year and a few months, his health declined.
    It's very sad how much dogs can feed off the absence of others like that, or experience heartbreak due to jealousy. My childhood friend eventually up and moved one day to South Carolina, taking their lifelong dog with them, but shortly after they arrived, they thought it was a great idea to get a puppy that they showered endlessly in love and attention. It didn't take long for their faithful dog to sense the new atmosphere/changing priorities and pass away. Crushing.
    It's very sad how much dogs can feed off the absence of others like that, or experience heartbreak due to jealousy. My childhood friend eventually up and moved one day to South Carolina, taking their lifelong dog with them, but shortly after they arrived, they thought it was a great idea to get a puppy that they showered endlessly in love and attention. It didn't take long for their faithful dog to sense the new atmosphere/changing priorities and pass away. Crushing.

Oh no, that's so sad. We just don't deserve them.
    Hitman: World Of Assassination
    Mumbai. No complaints about the size of the map, but it feels a bit bland. On the upside, I know what's coming next, oh yes.... ;)

1. Paris - 'The Showstopper' (Hitman)
    2. Sapienza - 'World Of Tomorrow' (Hitman)
    3. Santa Fortuna 'Three-Headed Serpent' (Hitman 2)
    4. Miami - 'The Finish Line' (Hitman 2)
    5. Colorado - 'Freedom Fighters' (Hitman)
    6. Hokkaido - 'Situs Inversus' (Hitman)
    7. Hawke's Bay - 'Nightcall' (Hitman 2)
    ***8. Mumbai - 'Chasing A Ghost' (Hitman 2)***
    9. Marrakesh - 'A Gilded Cage' (Hitman)
    10. Bangkok - 'Club 27' (Hitman)
    And once again, it's a map with some solid ideas but too much fat that needed trimmed. All those streets with endlessly hollow NPCs just don't do much for me. I really love the construction site area though, how it goes from muddy equipment to wild movie sets and penthouses after a few floors.

My ranking:

1. Paris
    2. Hokkaido
    3. Bangkok
    4. Sapienza
    5. Colorado
    6. Marrakesh
    7. Hawke's Bay
    8. Mumbai
    9. Santa Fortuna
    10. Miami
    Though it's a bit cheap, I do like how you can get the rival hitman to make the hit for you.
    Though it's a bit cheap, I do like how you can get the rival hitman to make the hit for you.

I remember that method being really convoluted, where you had to sneak around the tower and make your way back or something, trailing the hitman around the streets. Took me a while to figure out and finalize.

I remember that method being really convoluted, where you had to sneak around the tower and make your way back or something, trailing the hitman around the streets. Took me a while to figure out and finalize.

By the time I got to that mission story, he was already set up a the top of the stairway. My problem, was I couldn't see a way up to him at first (I had overlooked the ground floor door to the stairwell). I was on the next balcony over, and a floor down, so I shot up at him. Second attempt, I could see the drainpipe, and climbed up to activate the mission intel, then climbed a floor down, crept into the stairwell, and up to his floor to zero in his scope.

By the time I got to that mission story, he was already set up a the top of the stairway. My problem, was I couldn't see a way up to him at first (I had overlooked the ground floor door to the stairwell). I was on the next balcony over, and a floor down, so I shot up at him. Second attempt, I could see the drainpipe, and climbed up to activate the mission intel, then climbed a floor down, crept into the stairwell, and up to his floor to zero in his scope.

That's gold. Yeah I remember scanning that whole building for a while when I first played the map, feeling stunned when I found another hitman tucked up there and instantly knew, given his vantage, that he'd come into play in one opportunity or another. I think he always starts the mission up there, regardless of where you load into, and I think the only way to get him to move is to either initiate his opportunity (where he heads out into the streets, watching his back and making phone calls) or fire at him (I THINK he will leave his perch and give chase if you do that but it's been a while since I played it).
    Hitman: World Of Assassination
    Whittleton Creek. This is the map I had been waiting for during Hitman 2. Whether intentional or not, it brings to mind A New Life, from Hitman: Blood Money, and that's a good thing. It isn't the most exotic map, but it is so well designed. Mumbai might have 1000s of NPS about the map, but they don't feel like real people. Whittleton Creek probably has around a 100 NPCs, but they all feel like they exist in this world. The estate agent, the woman jogging, the politician campaigning, the police/security, the postie on his rounds, the pest control guy, neighbours chatting on their front lawn, people milling around at a garden party. This is a map that I could happily just wander around, and watch people go about their lives.

1. Paris - 'The Showstopper' (Hitman)
    ***2. Whittleton Creek - 'Another Life' (Hitman 2)***
    3. Sapienza - 'World Of Tomorrow' (Hitman)
    4. Santa Fortuna 'Three-Headed Serpent' (Hitman 2)
    5. Miami - 'The Finish Line' (Hitman 2)
    6. Colorado - 'Freedom Fighters' (Hitman)
    7. Hokkaido - 'Situs Inversus' (Hitman)
    8. Hawke's Bay - 'Nightcall' (Hitman 2)
    9. Mumbai - 'Chasing A Ghost' (Hitman 2)
    10. Marrakesh - 'A Gilded Cage' (Hitman)
    11. Bangkok - 'Club 27' (Hitman)

A fleshed-out version of A New Life, all with updated mechanics and way more opportunities for death? I remember being so damn giddy when I caught a glimpse of the map in one of those final pre-release trailers. It's got a wonderful atmosphere, feels like a terrific throwback to the old trilogy, and I think its size is perfect, though I certainly would've loved to have seen all of the houses be enterable.

My ranking:

1. Paris
    2. Hokkaido
    3. Whittleton Creek
    4. Bangkok
    5. Sapienza
    6. Colorado
    7. Marrakesh
    8. Hawke's Bay
    9. Mumbai
    10. Santa Fortuna
    11. Miami

Given what I can only guess was a reduced budget (those cutscenes), I don't know if they could have opened up any more of the houses. I'm not sure if opening up more would have been a good thing. Without coming up with more contracts (I think the 2 targets was enough), I think they would end up being filler.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I bought all the DLC's for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to finish the extra Tombs on offer before I complete the last section of the game. Worth the money these additional tombs are vast and are incorporated into the main game extremely well, and I am only on the second DLC tomb of a further 7 though I think there is more as the one I am currently playing is not listed.
    I bought all the DLC's for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I want to finish the extra Tombs on offer before I complete the last section of the game. Worth the money these additional tombs are vast and are incorporated into the main game extremely well, and I am only on the second DLC tomb of a further 7 though I think there is more as the one I am currently playing is not listed.

I am looing forward to trying that, based on your posts. I want to finish playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider first.

Yakuza 0
    My penultimate playthrough to try for the platinum, brings me to the Cabaret Club. Now I will be spending the next 100 hours a) being a white knight/simp for Yuki, b) training my hostesses up to... c) rake in that sweet sweet cash.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I am looing forward to trying that, based on your posts. I want to finish playing Rise Of The Tomb Raider first.

Yakuza 0
    My penultimate playthrough to try for the platinum, brings me to the Cabaret Club. Now I will be spending the next 100 hours a) being a white knight/simp for Yuki, b) training my hostesses up to... c) rake in that sweet sweet cash.

The DLC's is great for Shadow, it cost £15.99 for the whole lot though worth it already the tombs are huge and enhance area's of the game previously explored.

---

Well I am shocked I have finally got the original Tomb Raider game playing on my PC without crashing (I have had the game for years and it just never worked up until today). The controls are working perfectly with my Turtle Beach Recon controller and the game looks pretty good. I am going to enjoy playing the OG TR all the way through again.

Yakuza 0

The DLC's is great for Shadow, it cost £15.99 for the whole lot though worth it already the tombs are huge and enhance area's of the game previously explored.

---

Well I am shocked I have finally got the original Tomb Raider game playing on my PC without crashing (I have had the game for years and it just never worked up until today). The controls are working perfectly with my Turtle Beach Recon controller and the game looks pretty good. I am going to enjoy playing the OG TR all the way through again.

Old skool Tomb Raider? Nice. I haven't played those early ones in years.

Lara has come a long way in the last 27(?) years
    17-lara_croft_evolution_new.jpg
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,369

Yakuza 0

---

Old skool Tomb Raider? Nice. I haven't played those early ones in years.

Lara has come a long way in the last 27(?) years
    17-lara_croft_evolution_new.jpg

I bought all the TR games on STEAM several years back (the TR games are all on sale currently in STEAM's summer sale) I was never a keyboard game player, my Recon controller set up with the games is very mixed. I have tried various controller configurations on TR2, 3 and 4 with poor results, all the other TR games I managed to get the controller to work perfectly.

Lara certainly has changed over the years, early Lara was more badass... saying that Lara is a ruthless killer in Shadow some of the stuff she does. I will definitely replay Shadow on most difficult settings when I have finished the game
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,369
    Playing Rise of the tomb Raider, I forgot i never completed the Wicked Vale DLC, I am battling the witch now its totally insane great fun. That is easily the most ammunition I have used in a Boss Battle.

---

Just bought Tomb Raider Legend on Xbox, I did not notice it on backward compatibility previously plus I will buy the Chaptet 1 - 4 DLC's also on Xbox, STEAM don't appear to have them.

I already have the game on STEAM though it was going cheap on Xbox and the STEAM version is just not as good graphically and there are a lot glitches.
    Playing Rise of the tomb Raider, I forgot i never completed the Wicked Vale DLC, I am battling the witch now its totally insane great fun. That is easily the most ammunition I have used in a Boss Battle.

---

Just bought Tomb Raider Legend on Xbox, I did not notice it on backward compatibility previously plus I will buy the Chaptet 1 - 4 DLC's also on Xbox, STEAM don't appear to have them.

I already have the game on STEAM though it was going cheap on Xbox and the STEAM version is just not as good graphically and there are a lot glitches.

You know, now I am thinking about them, I don't remember much about the early games. I remember the setup of Last Revelations... no, it was Chronicles. The one that opens with Lara's funeral. Then from Angel Of Darkness (which I liked) on, I guess is where I properly got into Tomb Raider.
    Angel Of Darkness is visually one of the better games though was plagued with glitches and the gameplay was at times frustrating. There is a demo of Angel Of Darkness which has fixed a lot of the problems which i keep meaning to download and have a look at.

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - Definitive Edition | DEMO OUT NOW!

Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness - Definitive Edition an unofficial, PC exclusive, all-encompassing remaster of the sixth entry in the Tomb Raider series. The graphics, sound, controls, gameplay and storytelling have all received major overhauls, alongside an astounding amount of bug fixes, and last but not least: restored cut content!
    PC exclusive, damn. :-w If we got a remake from the ground up on console, I would, without a doubt, get it. Not my favourite Tomb Raider, but I did like it.
    PC exclusive, damn. :-w If we got a remake from the ground up on console, I would, without a doubt, get it. Not my favourite Tomb Raider, but I did like it.

That's the bonus with PC/STEAM etc there are so many fan made Mod's for older games which rejuvenate them. Hopefully Angel of Darkness will have the entire game remastered, I still play the game though its so slow and clunky at times, if the remaster is closer to how dynamic the games that followed are I will be happy.
    Playing a bit of Angel of Darkness before I download the remastered demo. Lara is currently on the run on Paris roof tops, the game is so sluggish this must be the slowest getaway ever. It will be interesting to compare it with the demo.
    Have you ever played a game, gotten to the final boss, and realised that you have made such a big mistake? I just had it a few days ago with Bound By Flame. It was when I got to that fight, where I realised that my characters skills were so badly specc'd, and I didn't have enough materials to provide me with enough health/mana potions, as well as crossbow bolts/exploding traps. The final boss crucified me, I had no other option to start over. Not a decision I took lightly, as I had already uploaded the first 23 parts to my channel. But I had no choice. Now that I am at the point where I have a sub-boss to fight, before that final boss, and I am quietly confident. I have around 50 each of both potions, plus bolts and traps, with plenty of materials in reserve to craft more. I have also focused heavily on the Ranger class, earning all skills in the tree other than the stealth skills (stealth isn't really an option in this game). With the increased attack speed, increased dodge distance, fights have been easier this time around.
    Have you ever played a game, gotten to the final boss, and realised that you have made such a big mistake? I just had it a few days ago with Bound By Flame. It was when I got to that fight, where I realised that my characters skills were so badly specc'd, and I didn't have enough materials to provide me with enough health/mana potions, as well as crossbow bolts/exploding traps. The final boss crucified me, I had no other option to start over. Not a decision I took lightly, as I had already uploaded the first 23 parts to my channel. But I had no choice. Now that I am at the point where I have a sub-boss to fight, before that final boss, and I am quietly confident. I have around 50 each of both potions, plus bolts and traps, with plenty of materials in reserve to craft more. I have also focused heavily on the Ranger class, earning all skills in the tree other than the stealth skills (stealth isn't really an option in this game). With the increased attack speed, increased dodge distance, fights have been easier this time around.

Certainly these days I tend to draw out games as long as possible so by doing that I almost power up to the max by default. 20 years ago I would likely of rushed through a game and got totally outmatched in a boss fight.

Certainly these days I tend to draw out games as long as possible so by doing that I almost power up to the max by default. 20 years ago I would likely of rushed through a game and got totally outmatched in a boss fight.

It's been an embarrassing mistake to make, when I have played many RPGs over the years. I defeated the final boss in Bound By Flame earlier. This time around, the final boss didn't give me much trouble. 50 exploding traps at the start, took care of the demon. For the second part of the fight, it was just a matter of dodging attacks, while whittling down its health.

It's been an embarrassing mistake to make, when I have played many RPGs over the years. I defeated the final boss in Bound By Flame earlier. This time around, the final boss didn't give me much trouble. 50 exploding traps at the start, took care of the demon. For the second part of the fight, it was just a matter of dodging attacks, while whittling down its health.

Recently revisiting some old games I find any boss fight disrupts the fun of playing the game, I must be getting old lol

Recently revisiting some old games I find any boss fight disrupts the fun of playing the game, I must be getting old lol

Same here, on my PS2. Going through my PS2, I completely forgot that there was an Alias game. I haven't watched that show in so long, I never did see the final series.