Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A lot of fun, this one, and one of the more intriguing video game narratives I've played in recent years. I went back to this a couple years back to get 100% trophies/wrap up the DLCs I never finished and beat it on Ultra Hard, which was challenging but rewarding.

I'm not sure about the DLCs. Maybe i'll try them at some point, if they are still available. For the time being, I just want to finish the main game, and hopefully get the platinum.

Enjoy the journey and your inevitable Platinum. You can do it.

Is it often you go for Platinums or only on the games you really enjoy?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A lot of fun, this one, and one of the more intriguing video game narratives I've played in recent years. I went back to this a couple years back to get 100% trophies/wrap up the DLCs I never finished and beat it on Ultra Hard, which was challenging but rewarding.

I'm not sure about the DLCs. Maybe i'll try them at some point, if they are still available. For the time being, I just want to finish the main game, and hopefully get the platinum.

Enjoy the journey and your inevitable Platinum. You can do it.

I'm now at 70% trophies. I have Aloy at level 43, and with not much left to do, I might have to reply some activities to get to level 50. I can't see me getting there without replaying anything otherwise.
    Is it often you go for Platinums or only on the games you really enjoy?

The funny thing is, not really. I'm a bit lazy there, if I feel that a trophy is too much work (or too hard), I won't bother. Some games that I really like, I never got the plat, while others which were just ok, I did get the plat.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    horizons-5-1-1.jpg
    I'm on my platinum trophy run. I'm hoping to get it by June, which is 6 years since I first played Horizon Zero Dawn. I have earned around 60% of the trophies, so it should should be do-able.

I've got a friend at work who spent a bunch of time getting platinum in this game, and he really enjoyed the whole process. Good luck!

I got all the achievements for Elden Ring on Xbox, but the achievements weren't super hard to get honestly.
    @MajorDSmythe, makes sense. I've been obsessed with the implementation and idea since the Xbox 360 introduced achievements, so I'm always trying to get Platinums/100% completion on all the games I play. I just recently went back to wrap up a few from the DLCs in Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite which was a lot of fun, years after I had replayed the Collection and gotten most of them.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Up to 71% now. I got the trophy for unlocking the... I think it's called the Shield Weave Armour. It's unlocked after finding all 5 Power Cores. If Aloy doesn't take damage, after a few seconds, it regenerates her health all the way.
    Up to 71% now. I got the trophy for unlocking the... I think it's called the Shield Weave Armour. It's unlocked after finding all 5 Power Cores. If Aloy doesn't take damage, after a few seconds, it regenerates her health all the way.

If my memory serves, that's objectively the strongest armor in the game and worth using, especially if you go for the Ultra Hard DLC trophy. It was a life-saver, couldn't have managed it without it (and even then, some of those boss battles were extremely punishing on the difficulty and required cheesing or pure luck to beat).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,265
    Just picked this up from CEX for £5...

dhSBWKV.jpg
    Day off and raining all day, I will crack open a few cans and play Blood Stone me thinks.

Also bought DIRT 2, the only DIRT game I don't own now is first game in the series.

dhSBWKV.jpg
    Day off and raining all day, I will crack open a few cans and play Blood Stone me thinks.

Also bought DIRT 2, the only DIRT game I don't own now is first game in the series.

Bloodstone had some really good driving missions, especially the car chase at the end.

The only DiRT game I have played, is DiRT 4, and I liked It. I played the ealier, Colin McRae Rally games a lot, back in the day.

Now up to 88% trophies on Horizon Zero Dawn, and Aloy is level 49. The Hunting Trials gave out a lot more XP than I thought. I should have tried them earlier in the game, but then, I wouldn't have had the best tier weapons and modifications that I have now.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

dhSBWKV.jpg

Bloodstone had some really good driving missions, especially the car chase at the end.

The only DiRT game I have played, is DiRT 4, and I liked It. I played the ealier, Colin McRae Rally games a lot, back in the day.

Now up to 88% trophies on Horizon Zero Dawn, and Aloy is level 49. The Hunting Trials gave out a lot more XP than I thought. I should have tried them earlier in the game, but then, I wouldn't have had the best tier weapons and modifications that I have now.

Still on the opening section in Blood Stone, I did own the game first time round and got quite far, its interesting how the game play slightly differs amongst the DC Bond games. Blood Stone feels similar to QoS so far, I was not overly keen on OO7 Legends the controls were a bit all over the place.

DIRT 4 is the game i have got furthest so far, its the first DIRT game I played and got me hooked on the series.

I must play a bit more of Horizon Zero Dawn I have not really got into the game yet, typical of myself I am playing way too many games at the same time currently.
    Playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider right from the start as the section I got up to last time I don't recall any of what I completed.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 13,894
    Still on the opening section in Blood Stone, I did own the game first time round and got quite far, its interesting how the game play slightly differs amongst the DC Bond games. Blood Stone feels similar to QoS so far, I was not overly keen on OO7 Legends the controls were a bit all over the place.

DIRT 4 is the game i have got furthest so far, its the first DIRT game I played and got me hooked on the series.

I must play a bit more of Horizon Zero Dawn I have not really got into the game yet, typical of myself I am playing way too many games at the same time currently.

I am the same as you, I like to juggle a few games at a time.

I haven't played Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. I am replaying Tomb Raider, before replaying Rise Of Tomb Raider, then i'll try 'Shadow...'.

I am the same as you, I like to juggle a few games at a time.

I haven't played Shadow Of The Tomb Raider. I am replaying Tomb Raider, before replaying Rise Of Tomb Raider, then i'll try 'Shadow...'.

Shadow did not grab me as much as Rise of the Tomb Raider though Rise of the Tomb Raider was superb. I am determined to complete Shadow this time round, enjoying it so far though I am quickly remembering how to complete sections I already played.

The first game in the trilogy was good, will definitely replay it at some point.
    And the recipient of my 17th platinum trophy is...

Horizon Zero Dawn
    The last trophy standing between me and the platinum, was the one for finding all of the Metal Flowers. And the last Flower, which I just couldn't see on the map, turned out to be hidden in the cave that Aloy fell into as a child.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,265
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider this time round i am enjoying a lot more, i am making a concerted effort to find all the hidden Tombs, items etc, as a result Lara is far more equipped than she was last time I played this game. One of the complaints was the exploration aspect of the game it can actually be ignored for the most part, so its really down to the player to make a game of it themselves.

There is no doubt that in 4K this is a stunning game to look at and certainly the Peru section which I am still playing. I did forget how frightening the Jaguars are there is a decent amount of horror and gruesome corpses in this one.

I briefly played one of the Tomb's as Angle of Darkness Lara which was fun, though switched back the the games correct avatar after.

Horizon Zero Dawn
    The last trophy standing between me and the platinum, was the one for finding all of the Metal Flowers. And the last Flower, which I just couldn't see on the map, turned out to be hidden in the cave that Aloy fell into as a child.

Congratulations!
    Just got past the part of Shadow of the Tomb Raider I was stuck on back in 2019 at first attempt, a few years back my patience with games was none existent, now I can play games for hours with ease. My next step forward with the game now is into the unknown :)) this is actually a really good game glad I played it from the beginning again, I have already bought a few DLC's today to play later.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Congratulations!

I was starting to think that I wouldn't get it, when I couldn't find that last flower. That would have been annoying, to be so close and not get it.
    Bought this bad boi earlier...

5026555301855_l.jpg

I haven't played it it in a looong time, but I remember liking it a lot (more than the original Max Payne).

5026555301855_l.jpg

I haven't played it it in a looong time, but I remember liking it a lot (more than the original Max Payne).

I remember getting this and its strategy guide on release, eagerly reading it on the way home before I first played it. I loved every second of it and am so damn excited for the eventual remaster of the first two. I hope they arrive by the end of next year at the latest, as I know they're still driving forward on the finishing touches of Alan Wake 2, which is super exciting as well.

5026555301855_l.jpg

I remember getting this and its strategy guide on release, eagerly reading it on the way home before I first played it. I loved every second of it and am so damn excited for the eventual remaster of the first two. I hope they arrive by the end of next year at the latest, as I know they're still driving forward on the finishing touches of Alan Wake 2, which is super exciting as well.

Wait, they're being remastered? :-O Please tell me that they're getting a PS5 release.

5026555301855_l.jpg

Wait, they're being remastered? :-O Please tell me that they're getting a PS5 release.

They are, excitingly enough! They'll be released as one package together, so can presumably access both games through one menu.

https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/remedy-entertainment-enters-agreement-with-rockstar-games-for-new-max-payne-12-project/

5026555301855_l.jpg

They are, excitingly enough! They'll be released as one package together, so can presumably access both games through one menu.

https://investors.remedygames.com/announcements/remedy-entertainment-enters-agreement-with-rockstar-games-for-new-max-payne-12-project/

Sounds like they are being remade from the ground up. I'll buy them for the second game alone, and consider the first one a bonus.

5026555301855_l.jpg

Sounds like they are being remade from the ground up. I'll buy them for the second game alone, and consider the first one a bonus.

Remedy and Rockstar working in tandem on them gives me high confidence with it too, unlike that GTA Remastered Trilogy that was an absolute mess.

5026555301855_l.jpg

Remedy and Rockstar working in tandem on them gives me high confidence with it too, unlike that GTA Remastered Trilogy that was an absolute mess.

I didn't play the Remastered Trilogy personally, but I have heard how bad they turned out. They released with all the grace of dropping a bag full of diarrhoea.
    Not sure if I played Max Payne, did the game have bullet time? Or I may be thinking of the Chow Yun-fat game?

5026555301855_l.jpg

I didn't play the Remastered Trilogy personally, but I have heard how bad they turned out. They released with all the grace of dropping a bag full of diarrhoea.

I've went back to work on the trophies yet again through the PS4 version instead and the games are in way, way better shape after Rockstar stepped in to handle the patches but some glaring issues still creep in, problems I never had with the originals. I'm glad they didn't take the same approach in remastering the Max Payne titles.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 13,894
    Not sure if I played Max Payne, did the game have bullet time? Or I may be thinking of the Chow Yun-fat game?

Yes, that was Max Pain. Hard boiled... sort of neo nor, mixed with John Woo gunplay and Matrix bullet time.

5026555301855_l.jpg

I've went back to work on the trophies yet again through the PS4 version instead and the games are in way, way better shape after Rockstar stepped in to handle the patches but some glaring issues still creep in, problems I never had with the originals. I'm glad they didn't take the same approach in remastering the Max Payne titles.

If Rock* has fixed the Remastered Trilogy, I might pick them up. I have seen them heavily discounted. Those were the GTA games that I played a lot.
    @MajorDSmythe, returning to them now, I've noticed a lot of the bugs and related graphical issues have been repaired. A few bits of objects clipping through vehicles of late but nothing game-breaking just yet. I'm already on Staunton Island in GTA III and making great progress. Was hoping to wrap this and get the Platinum (again) before Diablo 4 releases.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,265
    My anger levels went through the roof trying to get past a section on Shadow of the Tomb Raider I finally did it after 20 attempts, that was intense.

That's the thing with these games especially this one there is a lot of exploring and puzzles then all of a sudden you re being attacked by crazed savages and its like being thrown in the deep end,

Edited: These savages are going to give me a heart attack, jumping out of my skin here lol
    My anger levels went through the roof trying to get past a section on Shadow of the Tomb Raider I finally did it after 20 attempts, that was intense.

That's the thing with these games especially this one there is a lot of exploring and puzzles then all of a sudden you re being attacked by crazed savages and its like being thrown in the deep end,

Edited: These savages are going to give me a heart attack, jumping out of my skin here lol

Now you're making me nervous. It sounds like one of those moments in games, when there is a sudden, and infuriating, difficulty spike.

The last game I played was Bound By Flame. It might be a AA game, but the dialogue is AAA sass.