Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Nice purchase @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I love Nightfire. I still remember waiting outside my local game shop at 8:30 in the morning. Not that it would have sold out, I just wanted to get my copy, and get home to play it. And it didn't disappoint.

I have been building up my PS2 collection as well. Yesterday, I bought Headhunter for £2 and Headhunter 2 for £3. And a few weeks back I bought Gun for not much more than it cost for both Headhunters. I still can't wrap my head around the PS2 now being retro.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Nice purchase @Fire_and_Ice_Returns. I love Nightfire. I still remember waiting outside my local game shop at 8:30 in the morning. Not that it would have sold out, I just wanted to get my copy, and get home to play it. And it didn't disappoint.

I have been building up my PS2 collection as well. Yesterday, I bought Headhunter for £2 and Headhunter 2 for £3. And a few weeks back I bought Gun for not much more than it cost for both Headhunters. I still can't wrap my head around the PS2 now being retro.

I have yet to purchase a PS2 though should be able to pick one up cheap. I have started to go backward with tech... older games, vinyl, CD's etc. Out of the PB games I remember EON most of all though its been a long time since I played nightfire. I regret selling all my old consoles.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2023 Posts: 13,882
    I have yet to purchase a PS2 though should be able to pick one up cheap. I have started to go backward with tech... older games, vinyl, CD's etc. Out of the PB games I remember EON most of all though its been a long time since I played nightfire. I regret selling all my old consoles.

There is an appeal to collecting retro games, a few PS2 games now go for a surprising amount of money.

I finally got around to playing Headhunter (PS2), only 20+ years after I played the demo. It's very.... Paul Verhoeven-esque. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Total Recall, and Robocop were inspirations on the development team. The controls are going to take a bit of getting used to. Left stick moves character, the right stick moves camera is for changing weapons.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2023 Posts: 23,109

There is an appeal to collecting retro games, a few PS2 games now go for a surprising amount of money.

I finally got around to playing Headhunter (PS2), only 20+ years after I played the demo. It's very.... Paul Verhoeven-esque. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Total Recall, and Robocop were inspirations on the development team. The controls are going to take a bit of getting used to. Left stick moves character, the right stick moves camera is for changing weapons.

Not heard of Headhunter (PS2), I had a PS1 and PS2 then I switched to Xbox. I often see old games in charity shops ridiculously cheap and in great condition. I saw FRWL in a shop a few weeks ago and dud not buy it as waa heading to a meeting when I went back it was gone, mistake on my part.

I make start buying games irrespective of whether I have the console and get consoles at later dates.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    As part of my PS3 retro replay, I have started GTA IV, luckily I didnt earn many of the trophies t the time so can at least get these.
    Mallory wrote: »
    As part of my PS3 retro replay, I have started GTA IV, luckily I didnt earn many of the trophies t the time so can at least get these.

I bought GTA IV on Steam recently great game, I got into GTA IV a lot more than GTA V.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mallory wrote: »

My favorite game ever. Good luck with some of those trophies.
    I have not got back into doing the missions on GTA IV just been roaming looking for outrageous jumps.
    I have not got back into doing the missions on GTA IV just been roaming looking for outrageous jumps.

The trophies really do open up the world and the things you can do, from stunt jumps (including the car flip over trophy I love doing at the airport) to all the minigames.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

The trophies really do open up the world and the things you can do, from stunt jumps (including the car flip over trophy I love doing at the airport) to all the minigames.

When I had the game on console I think I got about 50% the way through it, opening other sections. I probably still have my saved games on my older Xbox profile.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I am really looking forward to diving back in, the load screen music brought back so many memories.

The game looks and runs like ass on PS3 though, especially on a 55inch 4k tv 😂

I have been doing mobile injustice a lot lately…. I haven’t given up on my dreams of beating goldeneye in 00 but I am pretty close to giving up… I am either not the Gamer I once was or the port has so many bugs in it the game cheats lol

When I had the game on console I think I got about 50% the way through it, opening other sections. I probably still have my saved games on my older Xbox profile.

When I originally got it on the 360, I got all the single player trophies eventually and all of the MP ones past a few. I really loved the MP but even I couldn't sink in the time or grinding to reach max rank or get a win in all those different game modes. It was too much for my liking.

When I originally got it on the 360, I got all the single player trophies eventually and all of the MP ones past a few. I really loved the MP but even I couldn't sink in the time or grinding to reach max rank or get a win in all those different game modes. It was too much for my liking.

I have owned all the GTA games since GTA III (I think San Andreas came out after that, I still play San Andreas on my PC), I never got close to completing any of them I think probably GTA III was the furthest I got in the games. I would not mind playing GTA III again, I wonder if its on Steam.

Been thinking of giving the Resident Evil games a go never really bothered with them since the very early games.

Which Resident Evil is the best one to play?

Should I opt for the remastered games?

I have owned all the GTA games since GTA III (I think San Andreas came out after that, I still play San Andreas on my PC), I never got close to completing any of them I think probably GTA III was the furthest I got in the games. I would not mind playing GTA III again, I wonder if its on Steam.

Been thinking of giving the Resident Evil games a go never really bothered with them since the very early games.

If you do, go with the original version of it. I personally didn't care for the "Remastered" versions of the GTA Trilogy, found them to be way too cartoonish and they ended up adding more bugs than anything else. The removal of the fog made the world feel way more constrained and close-knit too, which was disappointing. Ruined the ambiance of the originals.

As for RE, it's tough to say because it really depends on whether you want a more horror-driven experience or one that combines action and horror in equal measure. The one that ended up restarting my love for the series was Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, which is mostly horror/suspense-focused with some action thrown in too. It scared me so much when it released that it took me years to return to it and finally get the Platinum. It was a challenge but I had so much fun with it.

If you do, go with the original version of it. I personally didn't care for the "Remastered" versions of the GTA Trilogy, found them to be way too cartoonish and they ended up adding more bugs than anything else. The removal of the fog made the world feel way more constrained and close-knit too, which was disappointing. Ruined the ambiance of the originals.

As for RE, it's tough to say because it really depends on whether you want a more horror-driven experience or one that combines action and horror in equal measure. The one that ended up restarting my love for the series was Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, which is mostly horror/suspense-focused with some action thrown in too. It scared me so much when it released that it took me years to return to it and finally get the Platinum. It was a challenge but I had so much fun with it.

Interesting I did not realize the first 3 GTA games had been remastered, trying to get on Steam at the moment though can't get on for some reason may be my VPN.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard was Biohazard the original name for the first game? Horror sounds good I really liked the horror in Half Life 2.
    @Creasy47 I see what you mean about cartoonish just checked the GTA Trilogy screen shots, I realize its not the first 3 games.
    Biohazard is what the series is known as in Japan. As for where to start, I would suggest Resident Evil 0, the prequel, and go from there. Look up a timeline of events, and not the order of release of the games. Pace yourself, and think of it as a marathon. Most of the games are more horror orientated, but RE 5 and RE 6, especially, are more action orientated.

Try this order (you might have some gaps, but most of them are readily available on 8th and 9th gen consoles):
    https://www.radiotimes.com/technology/gaming/resident-evil-games-in-order/
    Biohazard is what the series is known as in Japan. As for where to start, I would suggest Resident Evil 0, the prequel, and go from there. Look up a timeline of events, and not the order of release of the games. Pace yourself, and think of it as a marathon. Most of the games are more horror orientated, but RE 5 and RE 6, especially, are more action orientated.

Try this order (you might have some gaps, but most of them are readily available on 8th and 9th gen consoles):

Cheers for link will have a read, there are certainly a lot of games in the series. They seem quite pricey on Steam I may look for Xbox versions of the game.

Edited: pretty much same prices on Xbox I try to look for deals on games, RE Zero only £15.99 on Steam I will get that one first.

Cheers for link will have a read, there are certainly a lot of games in the series. They seem quite pricey on Steam I may look for Xbox versions of the game.

Edited: pretty much same prices on Xbox I try to look for deals on games, RE Zero only £15.99 on Steam I will get that one first.

Try and get Resident Evil: Origins Collection. It's Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil one one disc (I don't know if it had a digital release).

I have thought about doing a marathon of Resi Evil myself, but I am currently doing that exact thing, but with the Yakuza games. And given how time consuming (in a good way), Yakuza games are, I don't want to divide my attention between both series at the same time, and not be able to give them my full attention.

Try and get Resident Evil: Origins Collection. It's Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil one one disc (I don't know if it had a digital release).

I have thought about doing a marathon of Resi Evil myself, but I am currently doing that exact thing, but with the Yakuza games. And given how time consuming (in a good way), Yakuza games are, I don't want to divide my attention between both series at the same time, and not be able to give them my full attention.

Cheers will look on Amazon see if I can find that game bundle, I only recently considered playing RE games as a YouTuber was praising the recent remastered game.
    Figured it was applicable to post here about having seen the Mario movie. It was honestly a little better than I expected, even though nothing special. Like a 6/10. Great visuals, some funny moments, great music and nostalgia, but a super predictable plot stuffed with cliches. It’s an entertaining enough affair though.
    How does everyone feel about roguelike games? I have gotten back into Genesis Alpha One. It was my first roguelike, and it's addictive, once you understand how the game works and that failure is a step in progression. The tutorial provides only the bare basics. The rest is taught through mistakes made, such as not installing turrets on both levels in the Tractor Beam Room. [-X
    On my current game, I haven't yet lost any crewmembers yet, though there have been a few alien invasions, which my crew have swiftly repelled. I have found a planet for Genesis, but I don't have enough crewmembers with which to make it happen. The last thing it did was to upgrade my hyperdrive, which will make moving around the map quicker.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love roguelikes. The first one I ever played was the fanmade DoomRL which is very addicting as well as replayable.
    Talos-Principle.jpg
    The bundle was going cheap on STEAM, not played it before though read its similar to Portal. Its certainly a visually good looking game.
    horizons-5-1-1.jpg
    I'm on my platinum trophy run. I'm hoping to get it by June, which is 6 years since I first played Horizon Zero Dawn. I have earned around 60% of the trophies, so it should should be do-able.
    horizons-5-1-1.jpg
    I'm on my platinum trophy run. I'm hoping to get it by June, which is 6 years since I first played Horizon Zero Dawn. I have earned around 60% of the trophies, so it should should be do-able.

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn late last year on STEAM only played the first level up to now, a mate of mine is currently well into the sequel says its good.

Glad I was slow to buy Resident Evil: Origins Collection, I just bought it now for £7.99, STEAM are doing a RE sale.
    horizons-5-1-1.jpg

A lot of fun, this one, and one of the more intriguing video game narratives I've played in recent years. I went back to this a couple years back to get 100% trophies/wrap up the DLCs I never finished and beat it on Ultra Hard, which was challenging but rewarding.
    horizons-5-1-1.jpg

I bought Horizon Zero Dawn late last year on STEAM only played the first level up to now, a mate of mine is currently well into the sequel says its good.

Glad I was slow to buy Resident Evil: Origins Collection, I just bought it now for £7.99, STEAM are doing a RE sale.

I've heard a lot of good about the sequel.

£8? That's a steal.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 13,882
    A lot of fun, this one, and one of the more intriguing video game narratives I've played in recent years. I went back to this a couple years back to get 100% trophies/wrap up the DLCs I never finished and beat it on Ultra Hard, which was challenging but rewarding.

I'm not sure about the DLCs. Maybe i'll try them at some point, if they are still available. For the time being, I just want to finish the main game, and hopefully get the platinum.