This guy? Far too old!

aidan-t_3512217b.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    So gents, Bond. Who's next?

Aidan Turner ;)

This guy? Far too old!

aidan-t_3512217b.jpg

Don't forget dull.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Aidan Turner ;)

EminentAnnualDarklingbeetle-size_restricted.gif

I'd be fine with Turner casting as Bond. Luke Evans, Aidan Turner, Luke Evans, Henry Cavill, Luke Evans.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier

Aidan Turner ;)

EminentAnnualDarklingbeetle-size_restricted.gif

I'd be fine with Turner casting as Bond. Luke Evans, Aidan Turner, Luke Evans, Henry Cavill, Luke Evans.

Ah, my favourite mod! The day has been saved.
    I did, yes. Anyways, let's get this back on track the only way I know how:

5862.jpg?width=1900&quality=85&dpr=1&s=none

Although olives and a twist is a little strange of a request.

Sadly, I think Evans is going to go down as another missed opportunity for Bond. There's no doubt in my mind that he would be a perfect fit.

Had he been about ten years younger he might have had a chance.
    Not me. Tired of this skylarking business. Sorry for foolin ya pete, I don't have the teeth.

The Dungeons & Dragons ranger guy. I sense it. It'll be good run
    Luke Evans would have been great, and there's a huge difference between him ans most of these other candidates.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    So as I understand it (Hollywood Reporter, Kyle Marisa Roth), the role was Tom Hiddleston's until he started dating Taylor Swift and Babs and co didn't want to court the pr fallout...anyone else have any bits on this..?
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    So as I understand it (Hollywood Reporter, Kyle Marisa Roth), the role was Tom Hiddleston's until he started dating Taylor Swift and Babs and co didn't want to court the pr fallout...anyone else have any bits on this..?

brige-river.gif
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    :))
    Gotta give you that one @JeremyBondon
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Ed Speleers Has been impressive on Picard.

• edited April 2023 Posts: 6,665
    But...he's just a
    figure of Penn Badgley's imagination
    ... So, no ;)
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Hiddleston made the fatal error of chasing the role and doing it publicly. As Tom Hardy said: 'if you talk about it you’re automatically out of the race.'
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Venutius wrote: »
    Hiddleston made the fatal error of chasing the role and doing it publicly. As Tom Hardy said: 'if you talk about it you’re automatically out of the race.'

Did he chase it? I don't remember him making much of a deal about it, other than just saying he was open to it.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited April 2023 Posts: 4,311
    Regarding Ed Speleers: He is very likeable, but I don't really see Bond in him. He is too much of a fidgeter, his eyes darting around (in the interview and as Jack in that show). Bond needs calmness, focus, sophistication, nothing of which I see in Speleers. The looks and the voice are all right, though.

Brosnan had a similar habit of looking past a person into infinity while talking to her/him that I did not like at all.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    After watching The Night Manager, I wasn't convinced by Hiddleston. His character was posh, but he was never convincing in the tough moments.
    He was a bullet dodged in my opinion
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Regarding Ed Speleers: He is very likeable, but I don't really see Bond in him. He is too much of a fidgeter, his eyes darting around (in the interview and as Jack in that show). Bond needs calmness, focus, sophistication, nothing of which I see in Speleers. The looks and the voice are all right, though.

Brosnan had a similar habit of looking past a person into infinity while talking to her/him that I did not like at all.
    Have you seen him in Picard?
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,895
    Did he chase it? I don't remember him making much of a deal about it, other than just saying he was open to it.
    Anything other than a blunt refusal to discuss it counts as chasing it in EON's eyes. Probably. ;)
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    After watching The Night Manager, I wasn't convinced by Hiddleston. His character was posh, but he was never convincing in the tough moments.

I don't think Eon ever seriously considered Hiddleston. It was all media hype.
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Yeah. Every time a British actors plays in a spy or an action thriller, he gets rumoured as the next Bond.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring

I doubt they were seriously considering anyone at that time. I think they were always confident they could get Craig back for one more. I don't think it's like the old days when they had actors like Michael Billington and James Brolin waiting in the wings if Roger got cold feet. Only when they got a definitive 'no' from Craig would they have started looking.
    As a hot commodity playing the mischievous Loki he had all the female attention. Similar to me as a waiter.
    Ludovico wrote: »

Yeah. Every time a British actors plays in a spy or an action thriller, he gets rumoured as the next Bond.

Yeah, I don't think Hiddleston was ever a realistic candidate in practice. That said he did get a lot of media attention before Craig announced his return for NTTD.

That said around this time we did get this wonderful headline in various papers.

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/tom-hiddleston-too-smug-and-not-tough-enough-to-play-james-bond-a3507236.html
    Hiddleston smug? Shurely shome mish...oh, wait...
    Michael Billington was mentioned above; I have to be candid I had never heard his name mentioned as a potential Bond., but after looking him up I have to say he had a great look, very intense. Physically he would have been that generation’ Craig.

ruqn2cS.jpg
    ucZI5zp.jpg
    aPCKEmw.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Henry.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Henry?
    Cav does have the double letters