Who should/could be a Bond actor?

1106910701072107410751196

Comments

  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,948
    Never send a boy to do a man's job.
    Yes, indeed. The casting director recently observed that the actor needs to have gravitas to play Bond. That's a key quality, I feel. Dalton had it. Craig had it in spades. Jason Isaacs might've had it, in other circumstances. Sope would have it, given the chance. Hoult's boyish good looks could be deceptive and there might be some mileage in the contrast between that kind of surface appearance and the darkness in Bond and his life. On balance, though, I think I'd always prefer a Bond with an overt masculine presence and an innate air of danger. Don't see much of that in a lot of the younger suggestions, tbh.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited April 2023 Posts: 3,397
    I think there's a lot of people who's excited about the Next Bond actor, that even using Barbara Broccoli's requirements for the role to an AI generated images to create the face of the next Bond actor:

    I mean, it's fun, but the way people looked at this, it's like they're taking it seriously.

    And some of them were really silly 😅.

    Take a look on how AI created the so called "Perfect Bond" according to Barbara's criteria, (it's in those links, btw):

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11972205/amp/Move-aside-Daniel-Craig-AI-creates-perfect-James-Bond.html

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/04/14/ai-creates-a-perfect-james-bond-and-it-resembles-this-actor/amp/

    Nah, I'll just let you people judge 😅.

    But for me, that image just happened that AI just mixed Craig's face into Toby Stephens' hair (when he's Gustav Graves in DAD) 😅

    Really does anyone here using AI to create a Best Bond Actor Face? 😅
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,907
    I've been told who the new James Bond is by EON, but they've asked me not too tell anyone.
    Sorry.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Posts: 16,335
    Benny wrote: »
    I've been told who the new James Bond is by EON, but they've asked me not too tell anyone.
    Sorry.

    We all know it's going to be you @Benny. ;)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,907
    Murdock wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    I've been told who the new James Bond is by EON, but they've asked me not too tell anyone.
    Sorry.

    We all know it's going to be you @Benny. ;)

    I can neither confirm or deny that without EON’s approval.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,650
    Benny wrote: »
    Murdock wrote: »
    Benny wrote: »
    I've been told who the new James Bond is by EON, but they've asked me not too tell anyone.
    Sorry.

    We all know it's going to be you @Benny. ;)

    I can neither confirm or deny that without EON’s approval.

    So you finally "slept" your way to the top, huh? ;-)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,498


    The tabloids have really outdone themselves with this one.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Posts: 3,397
    Red_Snow wrote: »


    The tabloids have really outdone themselves with this one.

    Like the one I've posted before, along with the Bond AI, she's also created by an AI, but it just happened that she looked like Charlotte Kirk.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited April 2023 Posts: 2,948
    Charlotte Kirk seems to bring scandal, stings, 'requests' for money and a slew of court cases wherever she goes. EON's not going anywhere near her. Probably.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8771383/Actress-Charlotte-Kirk-claims-forced-sex-Warner-Bros-CEO.html
  • Posts: 3,113
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    I think there's a lot of people who's excited about the Next Bond actor, that even using Barbara Broccoli's requirements for the role to an AI generated images to create the face of the next Bond actor:

    I mean, it's fun, but the way people looked at this, it's like they're taking it seriously.

    And some of them were really silly 😅.

    Take a look on how AI created the so called "Perfect Bond" according to Barbara's criteria, (it's in those links, btw):

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-11972205/amp/Move-aside-Daniel-Craig-AI-creates-perfect-James-Bond.html

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/04/14/ai-creates-a-perfect-james-bond-and-it-resembles-this-actor/amp/

    Nah, I'll just let you people judge 😅.

    But for me, that image just happened that AI just mixed Craig's face into Toby Stephens' hair (when he's Gustav Graves in DAD) 😅

    Really does anyone here using AI to create a Best Bond Actor Face? 😅

    I've seen similar images in the past where some computer program has created the 'perfect Bond' by smushing together all the actor's faces and coming up with something. They always come out generic and pretty bland looking. Same case here really.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited April 2023 Posts: 1,318
    Not sure if anyone linked this already, but these are telling words by casting director Debbie McWilliams:

    https://www.radiotimes.com/movies/bond-younger-actors-auditioned-bond-at-70-exclusive-newsupdate/

    "We did look at a lot of younger actors. and I just don't think they had the gravitas, they didn't have the experience, they didn't have the mental capacity to take it on, because it's not just the part they're taking on, it's a massive responsibility."

    Personally I still feel Bond should be in his late thirties to early fourties when starting his tenure. Aidan ftw.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 3,113
    I suspect they'll go for someone as young as mid-20s or as old as someone in their early 40s if they find the right candidate. It really depends.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Posts: 8,185
    Think about just how big this announcement is going to be when it finally happens...

    Only 6 men in history have played this iconic character. Nowadays we get a new star wars show and there's a million headlines scrutinising and theorising from every angle. Imagine the media storm a new Bond announcement would make, this hasn't happened for nearly 20 years!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,907
    You'll be surprised when this person is announced.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited April 2023 Posts: 1,411
    LOL one thing that would be funny is, when Bond 7 is finally announced, Barbara and Michael might say they've been monitoring him immediately after NTTD wrapped. But now, no one's in the running LOL
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Posts: 567
    I'm sure there's lots of actors they've been monitoring over the past few years. They had their eyes on Craig as far back as the late-90s. But they've got no reason to tell anyone about it until auditions start and offers are made.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    Posts: 1,411
    I'm sure there's lots of actors they've been monitoring over the past few years. They had their eyes on Craig as far back as the late-90s. But they've got no reason to tell anyone about it until auditions start and offers are made.

    Yeah. That's true. I was only having fun though. Definitely, they've narrowed the list down by now...even if a script isn't ready yet.
  • Posts: 1,574
    seriously ? Hoult ? ugh...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,650
    Since62 wrote: »
    seriously ? Hoult ? ugh...

    I can't see it myself. He's a perfectly capable actor. Could be a funny Q if they're still going for the nerd type. But he doesn't ooze Bondian masculinity in my humblest of humble opinions.
  • Posts: 1,574
    As a villain or Q, he could really sink his teeth into it.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Posts: 1,727
    talos7 wrote: »
    Hoult has continuously grown into his looks and matured as an actor; he would be 35ish when Bond 26 begins shooting. Over a 10 to 15 year run, a youthful appearance will be beneficial. I think he can pull off the physicality and would bring a light charm back to the role.

    oH9Gotz.jpg

    Have to disagree. Never quite understood why he has been mentioned in connection with the part….
    Hoult has all the makings of an excellent Sanders - though not 007 material imo.

    Has boyish looks & a benign charm that he will not grow out of in the next 25 years.
    Bond needs to exude masculinity. Hoult does not.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 8,026
    You fellows can start a HoultNotBond.com site. 😁
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Posts: 3,397
    Benny wrote: »
    You'll be surprised when this person is announced.

    @Benny I know now, it's you!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Posts: 14,907
    I'm a little too old for the part now.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Posts: 23,650
    Benny wrote: »
    I'm a little too old for the part now.

    We both know from Mod Summer Camp '22 that that's not true, @Benny.

    artworks-000072181862-wp1q6m-t500x500.jpg

    I remember us talking about the opening scenes of SP.
  • Posts: 310
    talos7 wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Regarding Ed Speleers: He is very likeable, but I don't really see Bond in him. He is too much of a fidgeter, his eyes darting around (in the interview and as Jack in that show). Bond needs calmness, focus, sophistication, nothing of which I see in Speleers. The looks and the voice are all right, though.

    Brosnan had a similar habit of looking past a person into infinity while talking to her/him that I did not like at all.
    Have you seen him in Picard?

    I hope he gets the part. It has nothing to do with if he's suitable or not, I just think his surname is so awful it will be amusing to have people say "I just heard that Ed Speleers is the new James Bond!"

    conan-o-brien-that-was-low.gif



  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 8,026
    bondywondy wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Regarding Ed Speleers: He is very likeable, but I don't really see Bond in him. He is too much of a fidgeter, his eyes darting around (in the interview and as Jack in that show). Bond needs calmness, focus, sophistication, nothing of which I see in Speleers. The looks and the voice are all right, though.

    Brosnan had a similar habit of looking past a person into infinity while talking to her/him that I did not like at all.
    Have you seen him in Picard?

    I hope he gets the part. It has nothing to do with if he's suitable or not, I just think his surname is so awful it will be amusing to have people say "I just heard that Ed Speleers is the new James Bond!"

    conan-o-brien-that-was-low.gif



    I must be missing something 🤔
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited April 2023 Posts: 3,397
    Okay, I'v watched some of the interviews of those actors heavily talked for the Bond role, and to be honest none of them sounds like Bond.

    Here's my question, is it worth considering the voices for Bond?

    Richard Madden, Aaron Taylor Johnson, James Norton and etc. Why they all sounds like the same? They all sounds like 25 years old guy to me, they're all at some point have high pitched and thin voices, which was too youthful sounding for Bond.

    Like "Heh, yeah, dez is me" kind of thing 😅

    They may have the looks, but their voices kinda failed me and turned me off.

    When I've heard their voices, it's hard to imagine them saying those words that Bond usually says.

    For me, the voice of the next Bond actor should be deep (in a masculine way).

    All of the Bond actors (with an exception of Brosnan) nailed that in their voices, Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Craig (deep, large voices, there's the sophistication, but masculine, hard and had some sort of Professionalism).

    Well, Brosnan's voice comes off to me as very soft and boyish (similar to Cavill), which Bond shouldn't sound like.

    I don't know who in the modern actors have those voices.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Posts: 8,026
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    Okay, I'v watched some of the interviews of those actors heavily talked for the Bond role, and to be honest none of them sounds like Bond.

    Here's my question, is it worth considering the voices for Bond?

    Richard Madden, Aaron Taylor Johnson, James Norton and etc. Why they all sounds like the same? They all sounds like 25 years old guy to me, they're all at some point have high pitched and thin voices, which was too youthful sounding for Bond.

    Like "Heh, yeah, dez is me" kind of thing 😅

    They may have the looks, but their voices kinda failed me and turned me off.

    When I've heard their voices, it's hard to imagine them saying those words that Bond usually says.

    For me, the voice of the next Bond actor should be deep (in a masculine way).

    All of the Bond actors (with an exception of Brosnan) nailed that in their voices, Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Craig (deep, large voices, there's the sophistication, but masculine, hard and had some sort of Professionalism).

    Well, Brosnan's voice comes off to me as very soft and boyish (similar to Cavill), which Bond shouldn't sound like.

    I don't know who in the modern actors have those voices.

    Yes, I’ve been asking this for years.
Sign In or Register to comment.