Movie Soundtracks (NOT Bond) - Old & New Films (chat)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Great theme, so cool.

Good film too! Gets overshadowed by 'Charade' methinks, but imo Gregory Peck and Sophia Loren as as good a team as Hepburn and Grant

True, admittedly I have seen Charade hundreds of time and Arabesque maybe twice its never on TV.

I have both on dvd. Actually tend to watch 'Arabesque ' more! Love Gregory Peck

I have Charade on DVD and HD, I should try to get Arabesque I don't own a copy.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Great theme.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Great theme.

I was so glad this score got a proper release.

Great theme.

I have it on Amazon Music its awesome, great movie its my favorite of the trilogy, Dalton is on fire.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

Great theme.

I have it on Amazon Music its awesome, great movie its my favorite of the trilogy, Dalton is on fire.

I just checked on amazon.de...the soundtrack CD is now priced at EUR 185.76 (no typo).
    edited March 2023 Posts: 23,395
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Great theme.

I just checked on amazon.de...the soundtrack CD is now priced at EUR 185.76 (no typo).

Wow! The MP3 download in the UK is £4.99. Edited: You can listen to it for free on Amazon Music as a Prime member.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yes, no doubt. It's just that any streaming is compressed music, and I like mine to be "lossless", apart from having an affinity for physical storage media. Even if I also convert them to FLAC or WMA Lossless for additional purposes.
    Yes, no doubt. It's just that any streaming is compressed music, and I like mine to be "lossless", apart from having an affinity for physical storage media. Even if I also convert them to FLAC or WMA Lossless for additional purposes.

I understand why, a great deal of my music I have on CD and Digital certainly the Bond scores. I have started buying LP's again and its a listening experience I have missed.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Saw I The Jury many years ago and loved it. Just doesn't seem to be available on any format anymore. Love Bill Conti's theme and the Bondian title sequence!
    Saw I The Jury many years ago and loved it. Just doesn't seem to be available on any format anymore. Love Bill Conti's theme and the Bondian title sequence!

Saw it in the cinema when it came out mate. Dont remember that great theme, I should have. I do remember the lovely Barbara Carrera in it though 😁

Saw it in the cinema when it came out mate. Dont remember that great theme, I should have. I do remember the lovely Barbara Carrera in it though 😁

I'm glad someone else has seen it! I was too young to see it at the cinema, but saw it on video. A really enjoyable action thriller. Armand Assante is great in it! I don't blame you for remembering Barbara Carrera in it! 😍
    Loved I, the jury. I too saw it in the cinema in 82. Armand Assante was great in it. It's on blu ray region one, but it doesn't seem to be available in the UK at all
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    Loved I, the jury. I too saw it in the cinema in 82. Armand Assante was great in it. It's on blu ray region one, but it doesn't seem to be available in the UK at all

Yeh, tried to get a copy of it a while ago, but couldn't, only the American one. I still keep an eye out for it!
    cooperman2 wrote: »

Yeh, tried to get a copy of it a while ago, but couldn't, only the American one. I still keep an eye out for it!

Time to get a multi region player me-thinks!
    Main Theme to VIOLENT CITY (1970) Music by Ennio Morricone

This theme is awesome I listened to this endlessly as a kid on cassette, just bought it again today on a compilation CD, Ennio Morricone would have wrote a great Bond score.

The Vice of Killing Theme - For A Few Dollars More (Ennio Morricone)

2. Pork Chop Express (Main Title)

Some Bill Conti greatness there, its the first I have heard of the film or the score.

Some Bill Conti greatness there, its the first I have heard of the film or the score.

Well worth checking out if you can find it @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Amanda Assante is a great Mike Hammer!

Well worth checking out if you can find it @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

Amanda Assante is a great Mike Hammer!

I like Amanda Assante I have a few of his films, I will try to get a copy of I The Jury.

Ralph Meeker and Stacey Keach were great in the Hammer role, Assante does resemble Keach a little.

Edited: I The Jury is available to rent or buy on YouTube, though it only show ups when i use a USA or Canada VPN. Before i try to buy or rent it will see if it will let me watch it first.
    Hey @LeonardPine and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , its ARMAND Assante! I think Amanda must be his sister 🤣🤣🤣
    :)) I blame predictive spell check though i am starting to think i may need to get my eyes checked...

fatal-instinct-scenes-movies-2.gif
    Hey @LeonardPine and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns , its ARMAND Assante! I think Amanda must be his sister 🤣🤣🤣

Can't believe I did that! I'm not sure Mr Assante would be impressed with my spelling 😄
    @LeonardPine I must have cut and pasted what you typed 😂
    @LeonardPine I must have cut and pasted what you typed 😂

Sorry about that @Fire_and_Ice_Returns I'm usually a stickler for double checking what I've written...😄
    Possibly my favourite piece of film music ever recorded...

Oh, yes! And the main theme is one of my all time favourites in movies!

Oh, yes! And the main theme is one of my all time favourites in movies!

Oh definitely mate. I do prefer the re-recorded 'Prometheus edition' of the score. The way Basil Poledouris intended apparently.

Amazing score one of my favorites I often listen to it whilst training.
    I've had the OST CD for a long time...this one:
    A1A8v3oXfwL._SL1500_.jpg
    It may not be the complete score, but it's the original and good enough (and Disclaimer: I think that Nik Raine and COPPO are doing a great and respectable jobs on their re-recordings).

But I just checked and was amazed that the OST CD now goes for almost 90 euros (new) on amazon.de. My order history shows I paid EUR 6.95 for it in 2008.
    I've had the OST CD for a long time...this one:
    A1A8v3oXfwL._SL1500_.jpg
    It may not be the complete score, but it's the original and good enough (and Disclaimer: I think that Nik Raine and COPPO are doing a great and respectable jobs on their re-recordings).

But I just checked and was amazed that the OST CD now goes for almost 90 euros (new) on amazon.de. My order history shows I paid EUR 6.95 for it in 2008.

I have to 12 track CD of Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack, I also purchased the digital copy also. The CD I have has the identical cover to the image you posted, I can't make out the issue date of this CD the text is ridiculously small.