Movie Soundtracks (NOT Bond) - Old & New Films (chat)

Comments

Up the Mountain

I had a three month injury lay off up until 2 months ago and decided to start running again after a long time not doing so and I am training well.

I did 15K run today and felt great and even ran on the beach for part of it with the tide fully out sun blazing Rocky III style lol since I got home been listening to the Rocky scores, my go to soundtracks for inspiration.

Gonna Fly Now

Butkus

Great call, still awesome music. I had the soundtracks to the first 3 films as a teenager in the '80s. When Rocky Balboa came out in '06, I snapped up the Best of Rocky CD that collected all the best tracks in one place.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited April 2023 Posts: 6,724
    This is my favorite piece of this score.

This is second place.

Hannibal is my favorite of the Hopkins-starring Lecter films. I'm going to see Manhunter in a few days. Haven't seen it yet but I know Cox is great in it.
  • edited April 2023 Posts: 6,813
    mattjoes wrote: »

This is second place.

Hannibal is my favorite of the Hopkins-starring Lecter films. I'm going to see Manhunter in a few days. Haven't seen it yet but I know Cox is great in it.

You're in for a treat! I consider 'Manhunter' the best of them! And Brian Cox is far more convincing, scary Hannibal than Hopkins caricature!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »

This is second place.

You're in for a treat! I consider 'Manhunter' the best of them! And Brian Cox is far more convincing, scary Hannibal than Hopkins caricature!

Agreed mate. Manhunter is one of my favourite films. Best of the Thomas Harris adaptations.

Sorry, but the film version of Hannibal was pretty poor.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    @LeonardPine great homage to James Horner, this scene is awesome...

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Just demonstrates that in terms of Star Trek, the past is far superior to the present....😁
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Just demonstrates that in terms of Star Trek, the past is far superior to the present....😁

That is very true, though I highly recommend Picard Season 3 it's amazing.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 23,327
    The Big Battle

The Human Fly
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited May 2023 Posts: 2,017
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »

Great soundtrack, 30 odd years ago some one bought me this score on CD as a birthday gift. This reminds me I need to find it, its in a storage box somewhere.
    Elliot Goldenthal 20th Century Fox Trademark (Alien Version) , Main Title

The transition from the Fox logo into the main theme is superb.

Elliot Goldenthal Adagio

Outstanding score, this theme still gives me chills.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Stunning score, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    I also love this cue:

Stunning score, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns
    I also love this cue:

Incredibly atmospheric, I watched the first 20 minutes of The Special Edition earlier very underrated film.

---

Revisiting some of Goldenthal's scores this is another great one...

Theatre des vampires

Cryogenic Titles | Elliot Goldenthal

This film got quite a few things right about the future.
    Sunstroke / Enter Nuclear Man 2
    Nuclear Man Theme
    edited June 2023 Posts: 23,327
    Last Man Standing

ALL STAR SUPERMAN by Christopher Drake

Amazing hopeful theme.
    Nuclear Man Theme

So much fun to listen to. I might watch the movie someday.
    Nuclear Man Theme

So much fun to listen to. I might watch the movie someday.

The score is much better than the film, the movie is infamously littered with major behind the scenes issues, though its a bad movie I love, the film has recently had a 4K remaster and Dolby Atmos mix which is impressive.
    The Flash Soundtrack | Worlds Collide - Benjamin Wallfisch

Just bought and listened to the score, this grabbed me emotionally on first listen. The soundtrack certainly takes you on a journey, the drums were sending sonic booms through my Dolby Atmos speakers. This score harken's back to the 80's to sure.

The Flash Soundtrack | I Am Batman - Benjamin Wallfisch

Chills!
    Worlds Collide Music Video | The Flash Soundtrack | DC

Wow!

I need to look into what else Benjamin Wallfisch has composed.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 6,724
    The title sequence of Operation Corned Beef (1991) features images of (presumably) Bogotá and an instrumental variation of the title song of the film, Passion for War/Love. It's a piece of synth music by Éric Lévi, a recurring collaborator of director Jean-Marie Poiré.

The combination is mesmerizing to watch and listen to.

edited July 2023 Posts: 23,327
    Inside The Black Fortress - Krull - James Horner

This is absolutely amazing.
    edited July 2023 Posts: 23,327

Tuk Tuk in Tangiers

Reluctantly bought the score a few weeks ago it is growing on me, its not Williams best though at least he still creates theme tunes.
    John Cafferty & Vince DiCola - Heart's on Fire/Up the Mountain Extended version.

Awesome!
    edited September 2023 Posts: 23,327
    Theodore Shapiro - The Chase

Captures the feel of the series.

Theodore Shapiro - The Real Starsky & Hutch
    edited October 2023 Posts: 23,327
    Run As Far As You Can

Chasing Grace

Ponte Dei Conzafelzi

I absolutely love this score.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited October 2023 Posts: 2,017
    The double-cd OST from La-La Land Records is one of my most prized in my collection.
    Phenomenal score by Il Maestro, featuring one of the greatest opening themes in film history.

The Strength Of The Righteous