Movie Soundtracks (NOT Bond) - Old & New Films (chat)

1789101113»

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 27 Posts: 23,562
    Cavalcata

Outstanding piece of music, this YouTube video really does not do this track justice, listening on CD on my sound system its one of the greatest things I have ever heard, Morricone is a genius I forgot how incredible this score is, its a genre defining masterpiece.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 27 Posts: 23,562
    Dances with Wolves Soundtrack: Main Title (Expanded) / Looks Like a Suicide [Expanded] (Track 1)

This score has to be in contention as the greatest ever, excluding the LOTR's films nothing has matched my cinema experience of watching this film.

As a side note John Barry should have won 10 maybe 15 Oscars he was that good as we all know. OHMSS and YOLT should have won Oscars from the Bond series.

Dances With Wolves Soundtrack: The Death of Timmons (Track 5)

Dances With Wolves Soundtrack: Pawnees/Pawnee Attack/Stone Calf/Toughest Dies (Track 17)

The drums here wow.
    Myers - Cavatina
    Just bought another Classical Music CD boxset and this theme is on it, another great theme along side Sherlock Holmes and Poirot. I need to revisit Inspector Morse TV movies.

Inspector Morse Theme (Full Version)
    edited April 30 Posts: 23,562
    Ben Gardner's Boat

Not listened to this score in isolation in full in decades, it is amazing.

Man Against Beast

A lot of Williams cues remind me of Herrmann.
    Crash Decisions (Star Trek: Beyond Complete Score)

Great scene and the music is pretty awesome.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York

Composer for new Alien film is pretty random to me, the guy who apparently helped with BF:2049's Zimmer score, but otherwise isn't too notable so far. Benjamin Wallfisch.
    edited May 10 Posts: 23,562
    The Mirror (Star Trek: Nemesis)

Nemesis score is fire!!!
    LucknFate wrote: »

Composer for new Alien film is pretty random to me, the guy who apparently helped with BF:2049's Zimmer score, but otherwise isn't too notable so far. Benjamin Wallfisch.

It is clever, the score in this trailer is the Aliens call/scream.
    edited May 10 Posts: 23,562
    Star trek Picard S3 Seven and Jack talk about old legacy Ships

I love Star Trek when done well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I'd recommend checking out some of his scores. He's done some very solid work.

I'd recommend checking out some of his scores. He's done some very solid work.

Agree, I have The Flash score which Benjamin Wallfisch did, it is very good.
    edited May 11 Posts: 23,562
    Destruction Of Krypton (Extended Version) - Superman: The Movie Complete Score

As good as it gets.

The Trip to Earth

John Williams is a genius.

Chasing Rockets
    Ennio Morricone - Days of Heaven. This is a spectacular soundtrack.