Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy 40th, and anniversary, too!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited March 2022 Posts: 40,473
    A day of anniversaries, birthdays and celebrations, then - Happy Birthday and Happy 17 Year Anniversary around these parts, @DarthDimi! Make it a great day, sir, I hope you have a real good time. As always, thanks for all that you do for the forums.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2022 Posts: 13,894
    And our dreams haven't been the same since. Happy birthday/anniversary @DarthDimi.

tumblr_mnzr9q8ziC1rp0vkjo1_500.gif
    "You have nothing to fear, but Dimi himself."
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited March 2022 Posts: 17,805
    Happy 40th Birthday and 17th MI6 Community anniversary to the legendary @DarthDimi!
    <:-P
    Thanks for all you do for us as a long-standing mod and fellow member. Your civility, kindness and friendship are much appreciated. It's what sets this community apart as a superior place to meet. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! I still love this place as much as when I joined, when I was drafted into the sinister interspace called the mod team, and when @Thunderfinger showed me his private parts and said, "See? I told you so." ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Leffe.6.beers.jpg
    Happy double celebration 🎉 @DarthDimi.
    Thank you, sir.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Happy 40th birthday and 17th anniversary to not only one of the best people on this forum. But in the world!
    Dimilicious, without your 'wind down room' in the mod house. Or your access to all those pills, powders and plants that keep us sane. I'd be a completely different person.
    And I'm a better person for knowing you.
    Hope you have the best day my friend. Congratulations <:-P
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Congratulations, @DarthDimi. The party is on!

gIEDiYV.gif
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm a little late to congratulate you, @DarthDimi, but I did have a Fruli on Sunday if that helps? Happy birthdayversary!
    Haha, thanks, guys! :-)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    A belated happy birthday and anniversary Dimi! You are one of the finest members on these boards, a cornerstone and a riend! Thank you for so many years already, and here's to the next 17!
    1501101289ef88db733ac95bd05247ba89c1c0b79d.jpg
    I am going to 'kwak' that one right in, @CommanderRoss. Thanks!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,894
    17 years ago today, I joined up on the old forum. For years, I believed it to be the 31st, but according to the Way Back When Machine, I actually signed up on the 30th.
    Congrats, Major. We joined the same year, you and I. The forum wouldn't be the same for me without you.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Congratulations on 17 years of membership, @MajorDSmythe. That goes all the way back to the KTBEU days. That's a great achievement and it's good to still have you contributing here. Thanks for all your work as a mod here also. :)
    Congratulations on your 17th anniversary @MajorDSmythe the forums wouldn’t be the same without you.
    And you make the best Vodka Martini I know <:-P
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Congratulations @MajorDSmythe
    Happy Anniversary, Lew!
    R.a0174e771df1559b74738ea4b54cab1e?rik=jKcUujL7ilnhHw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.commander007.net%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2015%2f03%2fDexter_Smythe.png&ehk=%2b%2fkszo3TtNfMYyN2iObi%2fLFukucZivlWLktf9mBmN6g%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0&sres=1&sresct=1

Thanks everyone.

@Benny is another '05 member, October, I think. There's a few of us forum dinosaurs still creaking around the place, not ready to be pensioned off just yet. ;)
    Congratulations, @MajorDSmythe! Here's to another 17. It's wild how time flies.
    Thanks everyone.

@Benny is another '05 member, October, I think. There's a few of us forum dinosaurs still creaking around the place, not ready to be pensioned off just yet. ;)

I am indeed @MajorDSmythe I registered the 15th October I believe.
    Sometimes the old ways are the best. 😉
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Congrats @MajorDSmythe !! Great that you're still here. I think I've been on these boards since 2006. Sadly, the wayback didn't capture any of my posts so I can't check it, but my memory, or whatever is left of it, says it was august. So, I guess I've been here for 14 years.. @DarthDimi , I think you signed up a year earlier than me, isn't that correct?
    Congrats @MajorDSmythe !! Great that you're still here. I think I've been on these boards since 2006. Sadly, the wayback didn't capture any of my posts so I can't check it, but my memory, or whatever is left of it, says it was august. So, I guess I've been here for 14 years.. @DarthDimi , I think you signed up a year earlier than me, isn't that correct?

I think it is because I recall signing on in 2005. I remember it well, because that's when speculation on who was going to be Bond number 6 was at an all-time high. Also, I was working for a big American chemical company at the time of signing on, and that was in 2005 as well. I started teaching in 2006, the same year CR came out. I remember that very well too, because I told my students they absolutely had to see the film in theatres. Funny, I was only about 6 years older than they were. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I think it is because I recall signing on in 2005. I remember it well, because that's when speculation on who was going to be Bond number 6 was at an all-time high. Also, I was working for a big American chemical company at the time of signing on, and that was in 2005 as well. I started teaching in 2006, the same year CR came out. I remember that very well too, because I told my students they absolutely had to see the film in theatres. Funny, I was only about 6 years older than they were. ;-)

Ha, cool. I was already lurking, but it took me over a year to sign up. Maybe all that craig-not-bond stuff kept me at a distance, as I thought he'd be a great Bond. He delivered far more than I thought possible, but that's something else.
    Yeah I also remember lurking a bit during the KTBEU days. I think I had joined that site for what felt like an hour before I quickly felt unwelcome and bailed. Took me a couple years to join under this new forum.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yeah I also remember lurking a bit during the KTBEU days. I think I had joined that site for what felt like an hour before I quickly felt unwelcome and bailed. Took me a couple years to join under this new forum.

Who made you feel unwelcome?
    Oh I have no idea, that was ages ago, probably anywhere from 2007-2009. I do think I didn't help my case because I had opened a thread that was a duplicate or something to that effect and, in my teenaged mind, the response probably felt way more harsh and unwelcome than it actually was.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Oh I have no idea, that was ages ago, probably anywhere from 2007-2009. I do think I didn't help my case because I had opened a thread that was a duplicate or something to that effect and, in my teenaged mind, the response probably felt way more harsh and unwelcome than it actually was.

I wasn't modding yet so it wasn't me. 😁