007 Legends Announced

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    (like how certain themes from GoldenEye 007 on the N64 were remixed into parts of tracks on GoldenEye 007 Wii).

What do you mean? I don't remember hearing GE64 music references in GE Wii.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    They're very light. The GE64 version of the Bond theme is remixed into the "stealth" music on the Dam level. Some of the Archives music returns there, but it's not a lot. I think a little of the Control Room music during the levels on the Cradle.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 16,334
    They're very light. The GE64 version of the Bond theme is remixed into the "stealth" music on the Dam level. Some of the Archives music returns there, but it's not a lot. I think a little of the Control Room music during the levels on the Cradle.

Ah, I never noticed. I'll check it out. On the subject, I'm hoping for re-orchestrations of some classics. Ala City of Prague Orchestra.

and I like How they made a combo Blofeld that looks like Terry O Quinn. xD
    Hmm.....I don't believe Ernst Stavro Blofeld had a scar in OHMSS! Is this a poor attempt at making the casual audience Bond fan recognize that he is the villain? If so, that's pathetic.
    Or it might be as simple as not being able to get Telly Savalas's likeness? I'll give them credit for not just reusing the Charles Grey model from GE: Reloaded.

And by the way, some of us hardcore Bond fans like myself also enjoy the casual shooter. Contrary to opinion of many others, CoD gameplay is not all crap. Would I rather have another game like EON or Blood Stone? Yes of course. But I hopefully will enjoy this game
    edited July 2012 Posts: 16,334
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Or it might be as simple as not being able to get Telly Savalas's likeness? I'll give them credit for not just reusing the Charles Grey model from GE: Reloaded.

I think it's also a way of paying respect since three actors played Blofeld, it would be kind of unfair to feature 1 in each mission. Depending how many times he's used in the game's story.

And here's some Fanart!!!

moonraker007legends.jpg

I had fun making it.

Made using artwork from 007 Legends, Bloodstone, GE Reloaded and Nightfire.
  • oo7oo7
    was a key part to ohmss both book and film not that blofeld had extensive plastic surgery and cut his ear lobes off.
    and these devs claim to be fans...
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    The overriding impression behind this game and indeed all of the 50th anniversary stuff so far is one of inherent laziness and cheap cash in from companies who have the licence but not the imagination, or more probably the inclination, to make any effort to deliver an original product.

Heres just a quick list of what we have confirmed so far:

Corgi – same old trick they’ve been doing for years; release the DB5 again in a different box. In fact it strikes me that someone at EON could well be on a backhander from Corgi to pointlessly shoehorn the DB5 into as many scripts as they can – GE, TND, CR and now SF – just so they can reissue it again.

Blurays – Just knock out the exact same versions we’ve already got along with a worse version of CR than is already available and still no proper QOS release. But wait – they are giving us a bonus disc with a whole 2 new documentaries. 2! Count them. I’m overcome with the effort they are putting in.

Scalextric – Same old DB5 in an SF box but with a Range Rover to chase it. I haven’t checked but I would be less than flabbergasted if it’s the same track layout as the QOS version of a few years ago.

Carta Mundi – A reissue of the CR poker set with 50th paint job. Why? Bond only plays poker in one film. What the f**k has a poker set got to do with 50 years of Bond?

And so we come to this god forsaken game. It would be nice to think that Activision would have thought ‘Bond 50 is coming up and we have the licence – lets do something amazing and blow people away and we could get sales like GE64’. Development should have started on this game about 2 years ago and then we might be getting excited. Instead it seems this was started in the middle of May and it shows. Basically just copy and paste GE Reloaded and give it a lick of paint, release it a week before COD and we’ll have another hit on our hands.

Except of course GE Reloaded was a massive flop due to the brilliant decision to release it on the worst date of the year for a FPS, right between COD and Battlefield 3. Have these retards learnt nothing? I can understand and to a degree forgive a company wanting to make a cheap cash in if they’ve paid for the licence; its their prerogative after all. The thing about these cretins though is that for a cash in to work it needs to make some cash FFS!!!
    So what we have here is a lose-lose for everyone. A shit game for fans like us, a shit game that casual gamers aren’t going to look at with Black Ops out the week after and a shit game that shifts no units for Activision. What sort of corporate strategy is that? I’d trust a Greek with my money before Activision.

Just imagine what we could have had with some proper effort and imagination?
    And no matter how much Activision believes the way to make money is just to copy COD, the truth is the best way is to make a good game. GE64 was in development hell for years and missed its release date so many times because the people working on it were passionate about making a good game. Everyone thought it would be a disaster but what was the result of all this passion and patience? One of the best games ever and box office gold.

As it is I ‘ve seen more than enough from the screenshots and cunning release strategy to already know that this will be a sales disaster. The 50th publicity might do enough to allow it to break even but not much more – which is a disgrace because Bond done properly should be raking in millions.

I was thinking I would have to set aside about £500 for all the 50th stuff that would be coming out but so far I’m buying none of this crap. EON so short sighted – just think of the cash you could have rinsed out of me and hundreds like me instead of just getting peoples backs up.

DaltonCraig007 I’m not even going to start on OHMSS. It looks to me just like someone has just dug out some old beta code for a game based on Inception that was never made and given it a cursory polish. I know you have to change things from the film to make a good game but these people really haven’t the faintest clue. GE64 kept the original set designs and atmosphere of the flim and just tweaked them to make a good game. Its monumental arrogance by these imbeciles to think they can outdo Ken Adam. I presume GF will be the next one to be revealed as they probably want Oddjob and Goldfinger in there. Although that would mean two separate character models. They could do DN and just get away with the one so that’s probably more likely.
    Hate to point out the obvious but do you think this generation of gamers really cares about James Bond movies from 30-50 years ago? When a company makes a game they go after here and now and what will have the best chance of selling. I like what I have seen so far with photos and trailers. Looks like a game that will be fun to play. I have fun playing Reloaded and this will be the same Engine and much the same style....can't wait.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,694
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Hate to point out the obvious but do you think this generation of gamers really cares about James Bond movies from 30-50 years ago?

My point was this game is solely made for the non-Bond fans gamers who want COD style FPS. Activision insults the original films too much for there to be even the slightest reconnaissance towards the Bond fans. So the game is a failure in all departments - nothing like the original films, and will flop because it is released 2.5 weeks before the real COD, Black Ops 2, thus no-one but the rare Bond fans will buy the game.

Yes the game looks fun... but that was not the point. Activision hyped the game as a homage to classic Bond movies and a homage to Bond's 50th anniversary. Fact is, this game became a huge insult and slap in the face towards these classic outings. I am not buying a game that markets itself as a homage to Bond, while in reality it's just a massive joke.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    YELARAKA wrote:
    Hate to point out the obvious but do you think this generation of gamers really cares about James Bond movies from 30-50 years ago? When a company makes a game they go after here and now and what will have the best chance of selling.

It doesn't have a good chance of selling though, because if people want COD style gameplay, they'd buy f*cking COD, which is coming out not long after this, giving it even more of a chance of flopping.

The best chance of selling well would be to do something inventive and creative, maybe an open world Bond game? But instead they seem to think "people like COD right? Let's make it! Oh, but stick in the James Bond character and since it's the anniversary, shove in a few old films"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, that's what I've always said, yet developers will never understand, because they know CoD sells. Thus, they make their game feel like a cheap CoD knock-off in hopes people will flock to the stores and purchase it.

If I wanted to play CoD, I would buy CoD. Simple.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I've just got a question. I did recieve a e-mail from 007Legends. In the mail it stood that i have won a competition and will recieve my prize if i write in my home address. The problem is that the e-mail that they sent it from does look suspicious. I don't know really, perhaps there's nothing wrong with it. What do you think?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I would be best to take a screen cap of the email, upload it to a photo sharing site, then post it here.

Deleting the personal information, of course.

I don't think it's a scam but you never know what some people come up with.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The textfont became a bit small, but i hope you can read either way!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-LYcEnXxvSWM/T_8gR-oA9uI/AAAAAAAAHCc/Hq5cTF8CU24/s640/hmm.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I really don't know, it looks real - to me at least. I would continue and if it asks you for credit card details, you know something is not right.

I suppose you'd need to know when the winner of this 'Get in the Game' contest was due to be announced.

Thanks for the image, I'm sure someone now will be able to help.
  • RC7RC7
    I agree. Pursue it, but if they ask for personal details abandon it.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Okay, i preceed carefully. Thanks for your help!
  • MrBond wrote:
    I've just got a question. I did recieve a e-mail from 007Legends. In the mail it stood that i have won a competition and will recieve my prize if i write in my home address. The problem is that the e-mail that they sent it from does look suspicious. I don't know really, perhaps there's nothing wrong with it. What do you think?

Mr. Bond,

I received the exact same email today, even though I never entered said contest. I contacted the 007 Legends Facebook page and they are looking into it.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,044
    MrBond wrote:

Mr. Bond,

I received the exact same email today, even though I never entered said contest. I contacted the 007 Legends Facebook page and they are looking into it.

Oh. I did just send back to them.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I start to become nervous about this! What is the worst thing that can possible happen?
  • Don't worry, they have confirmed it is legit. I guess we won some sort of limited edition briefcase?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Don't worry, they have confirmed it is legit. I guess we won some sort of limited edition briefcase?

Wow, are you sure?!
  • oo7oo7
    Aw ffs, how are people wining prises, i signed up to that site day one, took them a week to get tit runing and now people are wining prizes? what do i need to do to win a damn prise?
    i like the sound of the complete game collection for free.
  • MrBond wrote:
    Don't worry, they have confirmed it is legit. I guess we won some sort of limited edition briefcase?

Wow, are you sure?!

As long as the official Facebook page isn't in on some sort of scam, it would appear so,
    I cant believe they didnt use each bond from the correct era, screw the rights. It makes the game lame already.
  • oo7oo7
    what rights? i really dont think too many people care alot for a rehash of the goldeneye engine again. grab this second hand or whatever, see what they bring out next year. no sense blasting them, besides if activsion are bought up by Warner or Microsoft will this invalidate the aggreement made between the licenser? ie danjac wants to see maximum profits so if say microsoft tried to keep bond to one console would they pull it away from them as they did with ea?
    aw who really cares i think this consoles life of bond games almost up, dan craig has about one more film in him after this then i guess its time to get used to a new guy.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 127
    I got the same email as well and was wondering if it was legit myself.

@Creazy47, I love COD but hate the community. Thus I prefer the COD style game play that Reloaded offered but without all the try hard camping scrubs and Dbags that COD has to offer. Goldeneye was more arcade fast pace and overall more fun because everyone runs around for the most part....like the old days. Plus COD offers that kill streak perk crap that I am not into at all. If I wanted to play a game where I was getting hit with airstrikes and shot up by choppers I would play COD but I don't so I play Goldeneye. I buy a FPS to shot people.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Good lord, if this is true, it sure is nice seeing worthy Bond fans getting it than unappreciative casuals.
  • Good lord, if this is true, it sure is nice seeing worthy Bond fans getting it than unappreciative casuals.

Strange that three from this site have won though. That being said, I don't know how many winners there are or how many entered.