007 Legends Announced

Comments

• MrBondMrBond Station S
    Well i wasn't in the " Get in The Game Contest " either. I was in another competition on the site. But im happy that i won!
    I have not looked into the game other than all the Daniel Craig ADs everywhere, I wanted it to be a surprise when I got the same, not to spoil it....

BUT

Seriously, is Daniel Craig the only Bond in the video game called 007 Legends? That features several of the bond films, coming out in celebration of 007's Anniversary?

If so, then it's all trash. Someone clear this up for me quickly.
    jolearon wrote:
    I have not looked into the game other than all the Daniel Craig ADs everywhere, I wanted it to be a surprise when I got the same, not to spoil it....

BUT

Seriously, is Daniel Craig the only Bond in the video game called 007 Legends? That features several of the bond films, coming out in celebration of 007's Anniversary?

Here's the lowdown- Activision is much too cheap to use the other contributors to the James Bond series, and see Daniel Craig as the template to get the new generation Call of Duty kids to recognize that, oh my goodness, this is a James Bond game! Hah, really?! Serious fans would have known that even if it was George Lazenby. Hop in line @jolearon, there are many of us who are disappointed about the lack of playable Bonds!
    00Beast wrote:
    jolearon wrote:

BUT

Here's the lowdown- Activision is much too cheap to use the other contributors to the James Bond series, and see Daniel Craig as the template to get the new generation Call of Duty kids to recognize that, oh my goodness, this is a James Bond game! Hah, really?! Serious fans would have known that even if it was George Lazenby. Hop in line @jolearon, there are many of us who are disappointed about the lack of playable Bonds!

Actually the lowdown is that Activision can only use the current Bond actor. I'm not sure what people don't understand about that...It's Daniel Craig or nothing
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Then I'd rather have nothing. They can make an original story and if they're that desperate to use old films, they should throw in a few unlockable levels which are sort of like the GE N64 bonus levels, they have old villians but they aren't the film itself. These levels can replace the crap MI6ops mode.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm aware of this contract with Craig. But this is the 50th anniversary, I bet if Activision (or whomever makes the desicions) wanted, they could include other Bond actors. What is the point of making this game, if they're not going to recreate the films properly.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Activision can only use the current Bond actor. I'm not sure what people don't understand about that...It's Daniel Craig or nothing

I think they understand it, but they just hate it. They'd feel the same if it were any other Bond replacing the others (well, DaltonCraig007 might not have a problem if Moore replaces all the other Bonds; in fact I think he'd like it if everyone in the game had Moore's head...).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,696
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Activision can only use the current Bond actor. I'm not sure what people don't understand about that...It's Daniel Craig or nothing

I think they understand it, but they just hate it. They'd feel the same if it were any other Bond replacing the others (well, DaltonCraig007 might not have a problem if Moore replaces all the other Bonds; in fact I think he'd like it if everyone in the game had Moore's head...).

Rubbish. I don't want any Bond's replaced. I don't want Moore in every film, or Connery in every film, or Brosnan in every film or Dalton in every film.

Why don't you understand that this is an appalling decision to have Craig in every film ? To hell with the contract - this is the 50th anniversary, there should have been an exception. 007 Legends is the most appalling game ever created, as it has absolutly no respect to the James Bond legacy.

I do not accept to see any Bond getting replaced. These actors made history, I expect to see them in their respective films. We had the golden opportunity to be able to play as all 6 actors in a game... but this was ruined.

If I could, I'd go in every video game store in my area and smash every copy of this game.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Contracts mean there can be no exceptions. Besides, I doubt they'll ever do this again. Hopefully, they'll continue to just do current film games and originals.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,696
    Contracts mean there can be no exceptions. .

For christ's sake, this is the friggen 50th anniversary !! This game is just a huge middle finger directed at every Bond fan. Honestly Activision needs to cancel this game, and lose the Bond rights, and EON need to lose the Bond rights since they backed up this massive insult. Everyone concerned with this game, be it the level designers, to Activision directors, to EON personals and to Craig himself for accepting to do this game need to be sacked on the spot. This game is proof that Daniel Craig has no respect for James Bond, or for his predecessors, or else he'd never have agreed to do this game.

I hope Dalton, Moore, Brosnan, Lazenby and Connery decide to NOT go to the SF premiere, and to do any pictures together. They were treated like crap, so there's no reason they should do any favours to EON. Every 50th anniversary celebrations should be cancelled all together, since EON can't be arsed to respect their franchise of their fans.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 7,854
    This game is proof that Daniel Craig has no respect for James Bond, or for his predecessors, or else he'd never have agreed to do this game.

Right, he's gonna refuse a paycheck just to please you.

EON likes money. Activision likes money. Eurocom likes money. Daniel Craig likes money. COD makes money. This COD-like game will make money. Maybe not as much as Black Ops II, but it'll still make money (if GE2010 and QoS are any indication).

Look, you're treating it as if someone's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play this game. If you don't accept it, don't play it. We got the message that you don't accept it a billion pages ago, so please stop spamming us with it. I respect that you don't accept the game, but please respect that I do accept the game.

I accept it not because it's the 50th anniversary game. I accept it not because it has Daniel Craig in it. I accept it because I think it will be fun. So when the game drops down to $18.99 plus $3.99 shipping + handling on Amazon, I'll buy the game, and I'll have fun on it.

The last few pages of this thread have mainly been people bitching, and I'd like to see it return to what it once was: 007 Legends news.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It is getting off-track very quick. I'm sure we will be back to normal when the third mission is officially announced.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 555
    This game is proof that Daniel Craig has no respect for James Bond, or for his predecessors, or else he'd never have agreed to do this game.

Right, he's gonna refuse a paycheck just to please you.

EON likes money. Activision likes money. Eurocom likes money. Daniel Craig likes money. COD makes money. This COD-like game will make money. Maybe not as much as Black Ops II, but it'll still make money (if GE2010 and QoS are any indication).

Look, you're treating it as if someone's putting a gun to your head and forcing you to play this game. If you don't accept it, don't play it. We got the message that you don't accept it a billion pages ago, so please stop spamming us with it. I respect that you don't accept the game, but please respect that I do accept the game.

I accept it not because it's the 50th anniversary game. I accept it not because it has Daniel Craig in it. I accept it because I think it will be fun. So when the game drops down to $18.99 plus $3.99 shipping + handling on Amazon, I'll buy the game, and I'll have fun on it.

The last few pages of this thread have mainly been people bitching, and I'd like to see it return to what it once was: 007 Legends news.

Agreed 100%.

And Reloaded/Wiimake weren't even straight COD ripoffs. They had aim-down-the-sights, a modern gaming staple, but also a completely new engine and very Bondian stealth based elements Not seen in COD

But to really set DaltonCraig off, I am perfectly fine with any one of the Bonds replacing any other. After all, they are all supposed to be the same guy. In a way, the game kind of solidifies that, as Craig's Bond has experienced what Lazenby's Bond has. Would love to see Connery in TLD, Moore in GF: it would be fun, and further demonstrate they are all one in the same. In the meantime, i'll take Craig in 6 classic Bond films.

I am just amazed I will be playing an adaption of OHMSS in any form. That is something I never imagined happening. Say what you what about the things that are different, I'm excited by the things that are the same and the ways it will be updated.

I have always wanted a game which compiles some of Bond's greatest missions. In October, I will have it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It is getting off-track very quick. I'm sure we will be back to normal when the third mission is officially announced.

We've got a little while before we get that luxury I'm afraid! Until then we must suffer through the contract talk......ugh.
    That is sad, sad news to me, its only fair to play the missions with the original Bond that originally played the mission??? Why change it? IF not, then don't make it at all! So unsettling.
    jolearon wrote:
    That is sad, sad news to me, its only fair to play the missions with the original Bond that originally played the mission??? Why change it? IF not, then don't make it at all! So unsettling.

I like seeing what one Bond can do with another's films. In GE2010, it was refreshing to see a Daniel Craig take on a film I've seen very many times (and can still watch to this day, despite playing the WiiMake).
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    jolearon wrote:

I say the same thing that many before me had said. There is a contract that just allows Craig to be Bond at the moment. That's why he is the only one that can be seen as Bond in all Bondrelated things.

Back in 2005 Connery could provide his voice to FRWL because it wasn't any actor who was contracted as Bond at that moment.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2012 Posts: 16,335
    I'm happy that they didn't recast everybody (with the exception of Blofeld.) with unknowns like they did for GE Wii/Reloaded. The GE remake was okay, it wasn't horrible. I enjoyed it until my Wii was unable to read the disc. 007 Legends is going to be fun. It kinda has a GE Rogue Agent feel to it. All this complaining is useless because THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Trailers and the finished product are never the same.

I remember the trailer for Everything or Nothing had some guy who sounded like my Uncle voicing James Bond, A generic female as Katya, Jaws wearing his normal outfit, and Bond wearing an outdoors jungle exploration outfit instead of his black stealth fatigues.

My Point is, The stuff scene in the trailers may not be in the Final product.
  • jolearon wrote:

I like seeing what one Bond can do with another's films. In GE2010, it was refreshing to see a Daniel Craig take on a film I've seen very many times (and can still watch to this day, despite playing the WiiMake).

^Bingo again. Glad to see I'm not the only person to feel this way.

Murdock wrote:
    I'm happy that they didn't recast everybody (with the exception of Blofeld.) with unknowns like they did for GE Wii/Reloaded. The GE remake was okay, it wasn't horrible. I enjoyed it until my Wii was unable to read the disc. 007 Legends is going to be fun. It kinda has a GE Rogue Agent feel to it. All this complaining is useless because THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET. Trailers and the finished product are never the same.

I remember the trailer for Everything or Nothing had some guy who sounded like my Uncle voicing James Bond, A generic female as Katya, Jaws wearing his normal outfit, and Bond wearing an outdoors jungle exploration outfit instead of his black stealth fatigues.

My Point is, The stuff scene in the trailers may not be in the Final product.

Exactly, I think people are getting too worked up over nothing. We're not absolutely sure of all of what we're going to get yet, so there shouldn't be panic yet!
    I'm just under the impression that this game will come and go very quickly, as a lot of others seem to do these days. I'll wait to see more gameplay and reviews before I decide, but if anything, I'll probably wait until the price drops to give the game a shot, if I so choose.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm just under the impression that this game will come and go very quickly, as a lot of others seem to do these days. I'll wait to see more gameplay and reviews before I decide, but if anything, I'll probably wait until the price drops to give the game a shot, if I so choose.

It would be a real shame if the game flared out quickly like QoS did. I would like for it to reach "legendary" appeal (hahaha) like Nightfire or Everything or Nothing, but somehow I feel that it is going to be too generic for that too happen.
    It finally seems like we have some level headed opinions being shared. Thank you
    I feel it will come and go very quickly, just like the last few have. Don't get me wrong, I had an incredible time with QoS, and it's in my Top 3 Bond games list, but QoS, BS, GE Reloaded, the whole lot has just stormed by with not many people taking notice. I'm sure this game will be no different.
    I don't see why they bothered if they can't get the original actors. Like I said, they could've made an original story or if they're really that incapable of doing that, adapt SF. Then, if they really want to use old films, make bonus missions like GE N64 had, they're not the actual film, but the villians and some locations are from the films (EG, one of the GE bonus levels was fighting Baron Samedi in the pyramids from TSWLM).

It just won't be the same playing through these films if they don't have the original actors. It's one of the reasons why I don't like the GE remake (and also the reason why I prefer the QOS game).
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I feel it will come and go very quickly, just like the last few have.

The main reason for this: FPS is just too common now. Back during the EA era, yeah, there were FPS, but there were tons of other genres out there, too. Nowadays, thanks to the popularity of COD, FPS is all the rage. Luckily, it's calmed down a little over the past few years, but there are still more FPS this console generation than there ever was before.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I feel it will come and go very quickly, just like the last few have. Don't get me wrong, I had an incredible time with QoS, and it's in my Top 3 Bond games list, but QoS, BS, GE Reloaded, the whole lot has just stormed by with not many people taking notice. I'm sure this game will be no different.

Oh indeed, I too love Quantum of Solace, it is a joy to play through every time. I was just saying that the vast majority of people have already forgotten about QoS because, even though I thought it was great, I'll admit that it was quite bland in terms of what it offered us as 007 gamers. The same cannot be said about BloodStone, because it is a finely crafted piece of 007 gaming that should receive legendary appeal, but unfortunately has really already been forgotten about.
    Copied this over from my post in the 'Mission 3 is Goldfinger' thread:

The obvious choices from each Bond's tenure would be Goldfinger for Connery, OHMSS for Lazenby (obviously), The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, The Living Daylights for Dalton, Goldeneye for Brosnan, and Skyfall for Craig (because of when it's released).

However, they picked Moonraker for Moore, and honestly I didn't expect OHMSS to make it in when the game was first announced. Plus, Goldeneye has had several releases as a game. From Russia With Love recently had a game made for it as well.

So I think Thunderball or You Only Live Twice are more likely choices than Goldfinger in the Connery era, like I think TND is the most likely choice for the Brosnan era.

@00Beast then made the point about the focus on the ending battle as the primary highlight in the MR and OHMSS trailers, and I very much agree that the missions chosen will be those with the big action set pieces at the end.
    Volante wrote:
    Copied this over from my post in the 'Mission 3 is Goldfinger' thread:

The obvious choices from each Bond's tenure would be Goldfinger for Connery, OHMSS for Lazenby (obviously), The Spy Who Loved Me for Moore, The Living Daylights for Dalton, Goldeneye for Brosnan, and Skyfall for Craig (because of when it's released).

However, they picked Moonraker for Moore, and honestly I didn't expect OHMSS to make it in when the game was first announced. Plus, Goldeneye has had several releases as a game. From Russia With Love recently had a game made for it as well.

So I think Thunderball or You Only Live Twice are more likely choices than Goldfinger in the Connery era, like I think TND is the most likely choice for the Brosnan era.

@00Beast then made the point about the focus on the ending battle as the primary highlight in the MR and OHMSS trailers, and I very much agree that the missions chosen will be those with the big action set pieces at the end.

Precisely, I think that because there's the overall focus on the gunfights and explosions- which I like by the way- we could rule out such movies as Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Live and Let Die, The Man with the Golden Gun, For Your Eyes Only, and A View to a Kill. Of course, it'd be likely to throw in GoldenEye, Casino Royale, and Quantum of Solace, seeing as they've been done very recently.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wouldn't rule out Dr. No simply because it was the first film. the 50th year anniversary of that film. It had some action towards the end, but these games can bend the rules. so I believe Dr. No will be Connery's mission.