Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    At least they don't all say 'think on your sins'...
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Venutius wrote: »

Would have clicked that in a heartbeat, not going to lie...
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,391
    I'm flagging those spammed threads one by one, they're overshadowing our discussions here.
    They're so many, I'm just looking at the home category where I can see different discussions from different topics.
    Just my suggestion, I think this forum should have a captcha to avoid spam bots.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Just my suggestion, I think this forum should have a captcha to avoid spam bots.

It's been floated for years now but those types of ideas are all up to the admins. Thankfully, some of the mods now have certain admin powers to make it easier to cut down on the spambots, but when 500 or so are joining in a day, it's not that simple.

:D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

It sounds like some sort of online confession box. Well, this is the 21st Century after all.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »

It sounds like some sort of online confession box. Well, this is the 21st Century after all.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/4abb2406-d5fa-46b4-8d07-0dffc947c894
    A two for one today :

1) Going home from work, I looked in my (physical) mail box to see if there was mail. There was. From the tax service, asking me to pay 669 € for my brother's TV tax. As yu probably know, my brother passed away in 2019. Furthermore, I had nothing to do with his succession : everything he had went to his children, as it should be. I contacted his elder son, who has contacted his sollicitor. One can only hope that situation will be resolved soon.

2) Due to some high blood pressure problems, I have to take a medication. Trouble is, these days, don't know why, it's been pretty hard to come by. Today, as it's getting short (only 3 pills left), I went to the pharmacy closest to me. Turns out that pharmacy is closed for the time being (owner change), thus, no luck. So, tomorrow morning, I'll have to see if the other pharmacies in my town have that medication, or if they can order it for me so as it to arrive on monday. Let's hope so.
    Gerard wrote: »
    A two for one today :

1) Going home from work, I looked in my (physical) mail box to see if there was mail. There was. From the tax service, asking me to pay 669 € for my brother's TV tax. As yu probably know, my brother passed away in 2019. Furthermore, I had nothing to do with his succession : everything he had went to his children, as it should be. I contacted his elder son, who has contacted his sollicitor. One can only hope that situation will be resolved soon.

2) Due to some high blood pressure problems, I have to take a medication. Trouble is, these days, don't know why, it's been pretty hard to come by. Today, as it's getting short (only 3 pills left), I went to the pharmacy closest to me. Turns out that pharmacy is closed for the time being (owner change), thus, no luck. So, tomorrow morning, I'll have to see if the other pharmacies in my town have that medication, or if they can order it for me so as it to arrive on monday. Let's hope so.

That sounds like a bad day all around. I hope you're able to get your medication OK. What is TV tax?
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    If you look at the "Activity" page you can see that there are hundreds of new accounts with a similar name structure - two nouns and a two digit number - being registered in the last few days. Seems like someone figured out a way to automatically register accounts and post spam. Why they would do such a thing is beyond me, but I wouldn't worry too much. The mods seem to have gotten the onslaught of non-sensical threads under control and I would expect this "attack" to just cease pretty quickly due to nobody clicking on the posted links. So flag and ignore.

It is heartening that you guys take notice of the challenges we face keeping this and place neat under control. Thank you.

That sounds like a bad day all around. I hope you're able to get your medication OK. What is TV tax?

The license fee for radio and TV. We have to pay it to help fund public radio and TV. Although it isn't as high as it was quoted, normally. I pay some 135 € per year, more or less. So why do they want me to pay 669 € for my brother, I really don't know.
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 440
    This is not in the list of flagged topics but I can delete if requested. Wasn't sure where else to put it.

I'm confused about what's going on with Cary Fukunaga right now. I'm not trying to start anything, I genuinely don't know what people are reacting to.

I mean, he certainly doesn't come across as very nice man, and his taste in women is certainly much too young for a man of his age but the people saying he's a groomer and predator are baffling me.

Isn't grooming what an adult does to a child? Not a consensual relationship between two adults?

https://www.thirstyfornews.com/2022/05/06/no-time-to-die-director-cary-fukunaga-accused-of-predatory-behavior/
    “We were not raped, fired from a job, or made to do anything physical against our will. So why does it sting so bad now to see this man, the one who we willingly walked away from, propped up as the honorable creator who brought a much-needed, ‘feminist twist’ to an iconic film franchise?”

IDK, this just sounds like a man who likes to sleep with hot young women and then move on.

Much like what happened to Aziz Ansari it feels like people taking a much more complex story about unconscious power dynamics and reducing it to a simple #metoo.

Not nice of course, but surely not predatory?

The True Detective story sounds a bit more serious but it's unclear to me whether it was a case of the actress not wanting to do a crucial nude scene so they had to replace her, or Fukunaga just trying to see her nude.

If it's the latter, then it's certainly a vile thing.
    edited May 2022 Posts: 17,810

The license fee for radio and TV. We have to pay it to help fund public radio and TV. Although it isn't as high as it was quoted, normally. I pay some 135 € per year, more or less. So why do they want me to pay 669 € for my brother, I really don't know.

Ah, I see. I thought it might've been something like that. Here in the UK we have to pay a TV licence every year to be able to watch TV programmes. The money goes to the BBC in the main while some also goes to Channel 4 under its remit as a public service broadcaster. The other main terrestrial channels, ITV and five, are commercial channels based on revenue garnered from advertising between programmes.

That is very odd that you have to pay that amount and I would be taking that up with them if I were you.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The day she turned 18, she could be with any adult she wanted, regardless of her age or his; and if (and only if) she 100% consented, there is no story.

I agree that people use certain words without thinking. A 25-year old who dates a 19-year old is not a "paedophile" either, though a friend of mine had to swallow that accusation down pretty often when he and his now-wife and mother of his children were first dating.

I mostly blame social media for depriving people of nuance, reason and reservation before throwing around ugly accusations while cowardly hiding behind some fancy hashtag. As far as Cary is concerned, I wasn't there so I can't and won't judge. If the girl feels mistreated, let her talk to professionals who can then choose to take the case seriously or not.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Don t pay it.
    Seems bizarre that someone can be legally obliged to pay another person's debt. I know when someone dies, their debts have to be paid out of their estate if they left enough money to cover it, but that happens before the estate's distributed among the beneficiaries. Not three years later. It's not your debt, Gerard - fight it, mate.
    Why these spam bots are posting their threads on the Skyfall section? 😄
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Why these spam bots are posting their threads on the Skyfall section? 😄

Because even robots have a sense of humour.
    A minor annoynce now : Recently, I discovered that Katherine Jenkins had done two songs with a german singer. So of course I wanted to buy them legally. Well, if the first one is easy to buy, the second one can only be purchased with the whole album of that singer. It's not the first time I noticed that. How many times was I forced to cheat because the song was only available on an album I had no intention to buy whole, or simply not available in my country (on iTunes, at least) ? Ah, well...
    I'm currently in my first year college and I didn't liked ROTC/NSTP Training.

NSTP stands for National Service Training Program while ROTC stands for Reserve Officer Training Corps.
    I'm tired of wearing plain T-shirt tacked in Denim Jeans pants, and tied up hair with hairnet.
    And a military officer who's been lecturing us, it's boring.

Edited it, sorry for the long post. 😅
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    If only I could follow Betty Boop's example........

Betty Boop - Judge For A Day (1935)
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 9,771
    Well I got fired from the job I hated which is fine I had a job that I was on the fence with taking but obviously glad I did but my complaints

1. That fact that my boss said “this experiment is over” it’s like I am a person not a science project
    2. Two other jobs sadly didn’t work out but in both cases the reasons felt

At the end of the day I am gainfully employed sure I have to decide whether the Barnes and noble gift card will be for the batman on dvd or for the new 007 novel but hey it is what it is
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    That sucks, @Risico007. I'm sorry to read about you being fired. I hope you can find something way better soon. Hang in there, buddy. Sounds to me like you dodged one hell of a bullet. In this particular case, I'd say the grass really is greener someplace else.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    That sucks, @Risico007. I'm sorry to read about you being fired. I hope you can find something way better soon. Hang in there, buddy. Sounds to me like you dodged one hell of a bullet. In this particular case, I'd say the grass really is greener someplace else.

Oh I already have another job it’s just not the money I was hoping for but it is what it is
    It's fine @Risico007 at least your boss will no longer bully and intimidate you.
    That's fine, there's always some opportunities that will come.
    Hope you'll find a better job than that one with a better boss.
    Honestly, you're better off out of there. That gaffer was a nutjob. You don't have to put up with his garbage any more - that's a win.
    I just need to let off a little steam about a problem that’s still somehow everywhere: bigotry. It is both infuriating and unfathomable to me just how frequently people are being bullied and belittled for qualities beyond their control, be it gender, race, sexual orientation, or other things. This latest thing just got me thinking about it:

Like, beyond it being just hateful and wrong, how dumb do you have to be to still say these things for the world to hear and know what an idiot you are and lose your career over your bigotry? You’d think the eerily high number of terminated announcers would keep others more wary, but it just keeps on coming with no apparent discouragement. And this is just one very small field.

Current / upcoming policies in the state and country I live in are treating women as second-class citizens. Politicians hide behind “good Christian morals” to mask their true intentions of taking any and all power they can from women. I’m sure they’re just disgusted with the progress we’ve seen, so they’re doing all they can to tear it down. After all, nothing in the world is more misogynistic than old men making the laws about what a woman can and cannot do with her body.

Hate crimes like the massacre in Buffalo persist. People are becoming increasingly brazen in hateful speech and actions. The regression and bigotry I’m watching happen around me is horrifying; it wasn’t like this when I was younger just several years ago. Not to say bigotry wasn’t around - it just seems to be getting more and more enabled and encouraged.
    Just now in group chat (messenger).
    I don't want to talk with my classmates anymore, I'm trying to be nice but they really have attitudes, they're naughty, they're really aggressive towards me and they're keep trash talking me.

One of our classmates has no group and they're bullying him, now I've spoke up, (well, I haven't talked to them for a long time) now I've said to them that to those who still has a free or extra slot, give him consideration, get him in so he can have a group for an activity, I'm nice talking to them and I spoke up in a very polite manner. But they have been aggressive to me, keep trash talking me and showing their impulsive behavior towards me, like they want to argue with you in a bad way.

I'm questioning myself, did I've done something wrong?
    No, you didn't.

My turn : Can someone tell me how to get rid of Fastcaptchasolver ? I get sick and tired of having to close off so many windows on my Google Chrome before I can do anything else (sometimes, that process lasts as long as five minutes). I don't know how it got on my browser, but I want it gone.