Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I figure I will say this here as only one person here knows who I am

I genuinely am upset with my job and boss I am trying my best not to complain but the creepy things he says I just I need to get out of there fast

One of the gems from my boss “if I was to screw with you I would seduce your wife get her to leave you marry me and as she was dying as an old woman I would tell her she meant nothing to me and it was all to get at your husband”

I swear I feel like I am working for a Bond villain at times

I'm pretty sure you can lawyer up and sue your boss into poverty over such sickening words, @Risico007. I admire your patience. If my boss said something like that to me, I'd have to be tied to a chair lest I kick the living daylights out of him or her.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I genuinely am upset with my job and boss I am trying my best not to complain but the creepy things he says I just I need to get out of there fast

One of the gems from my boss “if I was to screw with you I would seduce your wife get her to leave you marry me and as she was dying as an old woman I would tell her she meant nothing to me and it was all to get at your husband”

I'm pretty sure you can lawyer up and sue your boss into poverty over such sickening words, @Risico007. I admire your patience. If my boss said something like that to me, I'd have to be tied to a chair lest I kick the living daylights out of him or her.

Same here, I'd definately sue that person. This is straight foreward abuse. Thank god I don't work for bosses anymore.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited May 2022 Posts: 3,391
    The election is now coming near, it'll be on May 9.
    I'm still agonizing whether I will vote or not.
    This is my first time, as a beginner, I'm still anxious.
    I don't know if I'm going to abstain, but I'm having that feeling of Political apathy.
    Yeah, I know it's weird, because I should be excited right?
    I'm open for any kind of advice.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    My personal opinion is that citizens should always vote when they are given the chance. It's a bit of a paradox, but you will want your voice to be heard, but there's also nothing you can really do wrong. Voting is important, but a single vote is not important enough to swing an election even in the slightest. So do not feel anxious.
    I always urge against voting for extremist candidates, candidates who call for violence or who want to break the democratic system, but other than that, it's also totally ok to just vote based on a single issue or based on personal sympathies. Is there one thing you feel passionately about? Find out which candidates share your opinion and vote for them. Is there one candidate you just think is a good person? Politics is usually more about reacting in the moment, rather than just ticking off things from a manifesto. So if you find someone who you feel shares an outlook on life with you or has a similar moral compass, give them your vote.
    I cannot tell you anything about the politics in your country, but I always urge people to take part in the political process.
    My personal opinion is that citizens should always vote when they are given the chance. It's a bit of a paradox, but you will want your voice to be heard, but there's also nothing you can really do wrong. Voting is important, but a single vote is not important enough to swing an election even in the slightest. So do not feel anxious.
    I always urge against voting for extremist candidates, candidates who call for violence or who want to break the democratic system, but other than that, it's also totally ok to just vote based on a single issue or based on personal sympathies. Is there one thing you feel passionately about? Find out which candidates share your opinion and vote for them. Is there one candidate you just think is a good person? Politics is usually more about reacting in the moment, rather than just ticking off things from a manifesto. So if you find someone who you feel shares an outlook on life with you or has a similar moral compass, give them your vote.
    I cannot tell you anything about the politics in your country, but I always urge people to take part in the political process.

I really appreciate this!
    Thanks @ImpertinentGoon
    This gives me an enlightenment. 👍
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Although, at the last UK election, one MP won with a majority of just 57!
    So I'm only hoping peace for our upcoming Election here in our country.
    Venutius wrote: »
    Although, at the last UK election, one MP won with a majority of just 57!

That is true. Depending on the size of the electorate, suddenly one vote can be very important. I was thinking more along the lines of national elections, but even there you have the constituencies that can be very tight. In a recent state election in Saarland here in Germany, the Green party missed entering the parliament by 23 votes. You need 5% and they got 4,995%...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    MI6HQ wrote: »

Thanks @ImpertinentGoon

I have little to add to what @ImpertinentGoon said. Voting is important, and yes, one vote sometimes makes the difference. But the main thing is you support a system which for all intents and purposes is the best we as a human species have come up with. Historians have always hoped for an 'enlightened dictator' which on paper would make the most sense. But power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This isn't just a saying, people in power change physically, their brain changes, and rational thought is beeing suppressed. And, if you need any more reason, just check what happens in not-democratic countries. Reason enough to maintain the system.

Thanks @ImpertinentGoon

I have little to add to what @ImpertinentGoon said. Voting is important, and yes, one vote sometimes makes the difference. But the main thing is you support a system which for all intents and purposes is the best we as a human species have come up with. Historians have always hoped for an 'enlightened dictator' which on paper would make the most sense. But power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. This isn't just a saying, people in power change physically, their brain changes, and rational thought is beeing suppressed. And, if you need any more reason, just check what happens in not-democratic countries. Reason enough to maintain the system.

Thank you @CommanderRoss !
    Thank you for your advices, this inspired me to vote, you're right guys.
    I really need to vote and support a right candidate, a candidate who can give a great future for our country.
    I need to change my perspective regarding them, having such a political apathy won't help.
    One of the great things about being a member of a forum was you can ask for some advice and you can talk to anyone about your concerns.
    Thanks for the enlightenment guys, thank you for enlightening me.
    Thank you @ImpertinentGoon and @CommanderRoss 🥰

* Tomorrow will be our first face to face classes, there will be some adjustments.

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited May 2022 Posts: 2,932
    I'm pretty much disenfranchised, tbh - there hasn't been anyone I've wanted to actively vote for for a long time. I've voted against certain people in the past, in the sense of voting for whoever has the best chance of beating the bad candidate, but usually I try to figure out who will do the least damage and then I vote for them! ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol for PM.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2022 Posts: 13,894
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Dragonpol for PM.

Free Gardner era Bond books for all that vote for you? That's bribery. You get my vote.
    Dragonpol for PM.

Free Gardner era Bond books for all that vote for you? That's bribery. You get my vote.

Of course. I have plenty to spare. If I get in I'll be putting Never Send Flowers on the curriculum too, of course. 💐 🌹 🌸 🏵 🌼

Thanks Darth and @CommanderRoss

I keep applying for better jobs hoping that i can get out of here
  • edited May 2022 Posts: 15,818

I ended up leaving a job a couple months ago due to inappropriate words my manager said, @Risico007.

Your boss sounds even worse.

I think we should all chip in, raise $1 million and give this guy a call...................

w.jpg

I'm sure he'd be glad to take care of this situation.

Thanks Darth and @CommanderRoss

I keep applying for better jobs hoping that i can get out of here

Yes, you deserve better than a condescending boss. We all do.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Dragonpol for PM.

Mandatory Columbo viewing in schools... I'll be your campaign manager.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Dragonpol for PM.

Mandatory Columbo viewing in schools... I'll be your campaign manager.

Yes, another great policy. I'll be happy to have you on my team! :)
    edited May 2022 Posts: 1,351
    Venutius wrote: »
    I'm pretty much disenfranchised, tbh - there hasn't been anyone I've wanted to actively vote for for a long time. I've voted against certain people in the past, in the sense of voting for whoever has the best chance of beating the bad candidate, but usually I try to figure out who will do the least damage and then I vote for them! ;)

I am quite a political person and I basically refuse to succumb to political apathy, but I have been in the same boat for quite a while, I think. We will have state elections were I live in a couple of weeks and my vote will most likely again be one trying to avoid the current government staying in office, just like it was in the last national elections.
    On an intellectual level I understand that this will never lead to the change I actually desire - if I always just vote for one of the big parties to avoid the other big party, the two big parties will always stay in government - but I just can't bring myself to vote for a less centrist option out of fear of being stuck with this useless governing party for another 5 years.

Edit to avoid a douple post:
    Seems like we've had a bit of a spam bot infestation. To keep with the topic of the thread: WHY??!! Why did people start developing stuff like this? What do they hope to achieve? Why does everything in this world have to be haunted by scammers, scalpers and general nuisances? So annoying.
    Anyway, I came from a face to face class, seems good, little adjustments.

But when I opened this site, I saw some threads written in different language (Indonesian maybe?).
    I thought it was just my google being accidentally translated into different language, so I've checked my settings, and it's the same, it's still English.
    I opened it and I saw many threads written in that language, while our original threads still remained in English.
    So who's that? I haven't translated those threads written in foreign language yet.
    Until I checked here and realized it was a bot or a spammer thanks @ImpertinentGoon
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I guess in one way, it shows how this forum is the biggest Bond site/forum on the internet. I mean, they wouldn't spam a little hole in the wall forum. It's frustrating how they keep popping up, but if everyone keeps flagging as they are, it helps us keep on top of the mess.
    I guess in one way, it shows how this forum is the biggest Bond site/forum on the internet. I mean, they wouldn't spam a little hole in the wall forum. It's frustrating how they keep popping up, but if everyone keeps flagging as they are, it helps us keep on top of the mess.

I checked the account of @noisemoat0 , and it's already banned.
    This is sad really, as many bots or spammers are starting to enter this site, but again thanks to our moderators who will do anything to maintain the peace and keep this forum clean.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sorry for the inconvenience @MI6HQ , we have Bot attacks from time to time as @MajorDSmythe mentioned. If you happen to see one, simply Flag and the moderation team will deal with it.
    Please don't respond to them, or open any of their links.
    Guys, there's another spammer or bot, the account's name is @pipecut04
    The account made a thread written in Vietnamese language.
    @Benny @Birdleson @Creasy47 @DarthDimi

I've already flagged the account.
    Guys, there's another spammer or bot, the account's name is @pipecut04
    The account made a thread written in Vietnamese language.
    @Benny @Birdleson @Creasy47 @DarthDimi

In the words of Mr Wallace, consider them slimed.
    I notice from time to time, and especially frequently these last few days, I'm getting a "Dangerous" warning in my browser, and sometimes will get a warning page pop up instead of a thread page. Don't know if this is connected to the account or what.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I notice from time to time, and especially frequently these last few days, I'm getting a "Dangerous" warning in my browser, and sometimes will get a warning page pop up instead of a thread page. Don't know if this is connected to the account or what.

That's weird. Can't say I've ever experience anything similar.
    What's happening? Another spammer or bot account has entered this forum named @rockloaf33 .
    I don't know if that account was meant to post an advertisement or something, but made a thread named:
    "Selecting The Best Optimization Kpi For Your A"

But it looks like SPECTRE was up to something.....🤔 Maybe Silva or Boris Grishenko are hacking us?! My God! 😱
    Let's secure this forum away from them!

If you look at the "Activity" page you can see that there are hundreds of new accounts with a similar name structure - two nouns and a two digit number - being registered in the last few days. Seems like someone figured out a way to automatically register accounts and post spam. Why they would do such a thing is beyond me, but I wouldn't worry too much. The mods seem to have gotten the onslaught of non-sensical threads under control and I would expect this "attack" to just cease pretty quickly due to nobody clicking on the posted links. So flag and ignore.