Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I don't know, Dalton is too old to be his son.

But Dalton could act even that role believably!
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    echo wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I don't know, Dalton is too old to be his son.

But Dalton could act even that role believably!

A very good actor indeed :D
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Said it before, but it'd be very easy to believe that Dalton and Turner were playing the same character - in a way that I never could with Connery and Sir Rog, for eg.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I think the bit about Nomi having Bond's gun came from the first clip of her looking seductive in Bond's room. I think she was holding Bond's Browning in that BTS clip.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    mtm wrote: »
    I really loved that despite all of the furore about other characters and the overblown pre-emptive criticism of Waller-Bridge's involvement, Bond pretty much did his own thing in NTTD as he always does. He just got on with it.

Don't forget all of the hand-wringing over Nomi, how some people actually knew she'd be showing Bond up all the way through and saying sassy things and making him look stupid and old. Didn't happen once.

We obviously didn't see the same film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2022 Posts: 14,957
    I really loved that despite all of the furore about other characters and the overblown pre-emptive criticism of Waller-Bridge's involvement, Bond pretty much did his own thing in NTTD as he always does. He just got on with it.

Don't forget all of the hand-wringing over Nomi, how some people actually knew she'd be showing Bond up all the way through and saying sassy things and making him look stupid and old. Didn't happen once.

Meaningless comment.
    It's notable to see you complaining about Nomi after your previous post in this thread.

Girl power yay!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I wouldn't be too opposed to Dornan. He's not the most versatile actor, although I am yet to see Belfast.
    Dornan isn't a good actor and looks like a scared owl. No thanks.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Dornan isn't a good actor and looks like a scared owl. No thanks.

I agree…

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    He’s too pretty. I want my Bond that looks harsh yet good. Like Connery, Dalton and Craig. They looked like they lead a tough life. Dornan looks like he’s ready to do a photo shoot for Abercrombie & Fitch.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too opposed to Dornan. He's not the most versatile actor, although I am yet to see Belfast.

Yeah I don't mind him.
    He’s too pretty. I want my Bond that looks harsh yet good. Like Connery, Dalton and Craig. They looked like they lead a tough life. Dornan looks like he’s ready to do a photo shoot for Abercrombie & Fitch.

He seems rugged enough in The Tourist, I think.
    Something about his eyes says psycho more than suave.
    talos7 wrote: »

This. Crazy eyes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2022 Posts: 5,869
    To be honest you can say something negative about anyone. Any actor, so if Jamie Dornan looking like a scared owl is considered a reason to not cast him, I'm not convinced. Aidan Turner looks like a rat, doesn't mean he couldn't do it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2022 Posts: 14,957

I don't entirely see that, but Bond is a bit of a psycho I'd say! :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    To be honest you can say something negative about anyone. Any actor, so if Jamie Dornan looking like a scared owl is considered a reason to not cast him, I'm not convinced. Aidan Turner looks like a rat, doesn't mean he couldn't do it.

A sewer rat, more precisely. Good observation.
    Evaluating candidates resembles a 007 Rorschach test
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    This thread seems to have lost its way!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

A sewer rat, more precisely. Good observation.

That's a bit rough..?

This thread had a way? Since when? quick we must investigate this ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Evaluating candidates resembles a 007 Rorschach test
    Why'd you think they wanted to keep Craig so badly for so long :D
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,318
    Funny. Probably the only rat alive who can get pussy (pun intended) left, right and center. Also, fat chance he could bang your mrs' any day of the week, as some rats are just better than others ;)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Risico007 wrote: »

This thread had a way? Since when? quick we must investigate this ;)

+1
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Aidan Turner is Mr Kiss Kiss Ratatat!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    There was a Rat Man in the James Bond Gameboy game, maybe Turner can play him in an adaption of that.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,430
    Dornan with Gillian Anderson as M.?
    C8mfKe9W0AASmXE.jpg

I bet the producers watched The Fall like the rest of us.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Hey, is it possible we’re not gonna all agree on the new actor EON will ultimately pick? ;)

In a lot of ways this is only the second time Bond was recast during the internet era (there was internet during GE, but wasn’t as prevalent as in the new millennium). I think all we had for social media in 2005/2006 was MySpace. We’ve come a long way since.
    edited February 2022 Posts: 1,318
    Hey, is it possible we’re not gonna all agree on the new actor EON will ultimately pick? ;)

In a lot of ways this is only the second time Bond was recast during the internet era (there was internet during GE, but wasn’t as prevalent as in the new millennium). I think all we had for social media in 2005/2006 was MySpace. We’ve come a long way since.

Totally possible. Funny thing is, gents/rats, it will be Turner. Bow down.