Taken (2008 - 2015)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that was actually my thought for this sequel: Kim becomes famous through her singing lessons, and her and that singer are kidnapped while overseas for a concert.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that was actually my thought for this sequel: Kim becomes famous through her singing lessons, and her and that singer are kidnapped while overseas for a concert.

OK, we really need to stop throwing out these ideas. With our luck Luc Besson will read all this and think up five more films! X_X
    I wouldn't mind more films, IF they didn't feel extremely forced and totally implausible.
  • Did anyone else notice the rooftop chase that looked like a very similar area of Istanbul to the rooftop chase in Skyfall? And wasn't this location also used in the film 'The International'?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Did anyone else notice the rooftop chase that looked like a very similar area of Istanbul to the rooftop chase in Skyfall? And wasn't this location also used in the film 'The International'?

If anyone goes further into discussing the Skyfall Istanbul chase, like who Bond is chasing and why, could spoiler tags please be used?
    Just shown the trailor to my better half? She said looks good too! So there is an evenings entertainment sorted! :-bd :))
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Did anyone else notice the rooftop chase that looked like a very similar area of Istanbul to the rooftop chase in Skyfall? And wasn't this location also used in the film 'The International'?

If anyone goes further into discussing the Skyfall Istanbul chase, like who Bond is chasing and why, could spoiler tags please be used?

Or people who know about it could just not discuss the SF Istanbul chase at all, since this is a Taken 2 thread and some of us wouldn't like another thread filled with tempting spoiler tags.
    Even in that case, spoiler tags are there for you to use, if the spoiler you're discussing is absolutely necessary. I don't understand why it's so hard to add said tags, and not ruin things for others who aren't as aware on the spoilers.
    IMHO, the one shot in the trailer reminds me of
    the Sienna rooftop in QoS. Do I have to spoiler this? Anyway, some similarities b/w T2 and SF:
    Both involve Istanbul, both have a rooftop chase, both have a action sequence in the same area of Istanbul, both contain a car chase through Istanbul, both involve a train in the car chase at some point, and both Istanbul sequences seem to be near the beginning of their respective films.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,782
    http://www.totalfilm.com/news/exclusive-featurette-for-sean-bean-s-cleanskin

for you DC007 - a secret service agent who loves his country hunts a terrorist running amok in london?????? Ummm. :-? :-? :-?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think there would be only 2 things stopping a Taken 3 being made:
    1) If Liam refused to do it.
    2) And if the box office was poor. If the box office is great, for sure the movie industry will want to make another one.

I am really enjoying Liam's resurgent success. I've always liked him.
    So good on him - he seems like a nice bloke who has had a long enough career and some devastating personal heartbreak. I wish him all good things. And I hope he keeps kicking butt for some time to come.
    I think there would be only 2 things stopping a Taken 3 being made:
    1) If Liam refused to do it.
    2) And if the box office was poor. If the box office is great, for sure the movie industry will want to make another one.

I am really enjoying Liam's resurgent success. I've always liked him.
    So good on him - he seems like a nice bloke who has had a long enough career and some devastating personal heartbreak. I wish him all good things. And I hope he keeps kicking butt for some time to come.

The sad thing is, though he has done some of his greatest work in the recent past two years, he did all those films to get his mind off of Natasha's death. A lovely man, and I just hope he can find some peace with it all.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, such a shock, Natasha's death. Such terrible things happen to the nicest of people, and both of them seemed like friendly, caring people. I am happy to see that Liam is at least finding a way to keep himself busy, while entertaining millions and finding and peace and solace in his life. RIP Natasha.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 2,107
    Taken was an entertaining action movie... but. This whole Taken 2 thing springs to mind Death Wish series. From movie to movie, they gave Charles Bronson, an architect, some personal reason to punish the criminals. Sure, Liam Neeson's character is trained for this kind of thing. Still couldn't help myself and think about Death Wish and it's sequels, and if they're going with the same route with this 'franchise'...
    SharkBait wrote:
    This whole Taken 2 thing springs to mind Death Wish series. From movie to movie, they gave Charles Bronson, an architect, some personal reason to punish the criminals. Sure, Liam Neeson's character is trained for this kind of thing. Still couldn't help myself and think about Death Wish and it's sequels, and if they're going with the same route with this 'franchise'...

But that is EXACTLY what makes TAKEN so awesome. It's DEATH WISH for the erm, noughties? new millennium? the '10's? Whatever, numbers are irrelevant. As long as Neeson turns up still kicking ass in TAKEN 5: REVENGE OF THE ALBANIANS and TAKEN 6: TAKEN FROM BEHIND (made back to back and released within six months of each other at the start of the next decade, with an awesome 6-disc DVD boxset to follow) then I'll be happy. James Bond will probably be a black bisexual woman with a false left leg by then. TAKEN knows what it's doing as a franchise: It's kicking ass. Sometimes that's all you need.

Great profile photo, @Lazenby.

The thing is, after Taken 2, don't you think Bryan and the family would get it into their heads that they simply can't go to Europe peacefully without one or all of them finding themselves in danger of dying?
    Yeah, but again that's the cool thing, they'll just keep having someone else get taken in each film so that we can see Neeson giving punks the kicking they deserve. In TAKEN 6, James Bond will be taken, because by then EON will have begged for a cut of this franchise.

The thing is, after Taken 2, don't you think Bryan and the family would get it into their heads that they simply can't go to Europe peacefully without one or all of them finding themselves in danger of dying?

That's why I suggested it be something that we don't see coming, that involves Bryan preparing himself before the hunt, such as his old team getting kidnapped and he has to rescue them.
    Creasy47 wrote:

That's why I suggested it be something that we don't see coming, that involves Bryan preparing himself before the hunt, such as his old team getting kidnapped and he has to rescue them.

Or, like I said, Lenore's new husband(?) from Taken 1. He did have shady dealings, so it makes sense. I much prefer your idea though. I'd love to see that, and I hope they are back in 2 to lend Bryan a hand. And it appears Lenore is separated from the man she is with in 1, because she seems very happy with Bryan and Kimmy. Kimmy says in the trailer "Isn't Dad the best", or something along those lines, and she answers "Yes, he is". So maybe they are reconciling, and when she sees how he throws himself into danger to save her they will finally reconnect.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would enjoy it if that's how 'Taken 2' pans out. Xenia Onatopp deserves some love from the world's most dangerous Irishman.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I would enjoy it if that's how 'Taken 2' pans out. Xenia Onatopp deserves some love from the world's most dangerous Irishman.
    She annoyed me so much in the first film. She is so nagging, while the man just wants to have a relationship with his daughter by making up lost time, and keep her safe. Every time I watch Taken, this is my reaction.

*Bryan walks through her door*
    Bryan: "Kimmy has been taken."
    Lenore: "WHAT?!" *WEEPS*
    Me: Yeah, a trip around Europe was SUCH a good idea now, wasn't it Lenore?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, constant nagging with a heavy attitude towards a calm-mannered Bryan, followed by needing him more than anything in the world after Kim's kidnapping.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

Some people would say she already got that. ;)
    Haha, touche, touche, @Samuel001.

I wonder how her thighs are doing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wonder how her thighs are doing.

I wouldn't mind them being around me !
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Wait, is Lenore played by the same actress as Xenia Onnatop?
    Wait, is Lenore Xenia Onnatop?

Yes, she is.

@DC007, neither would I. She could put them to work at any time; would be an excellent death, if it came to that, indeed.
    Wow, never knew that.
    Wow, never knew that.
    Xenia-Onatopp.jpg
    8677-28389.jpg

The rumor is they were separated at birth.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    8677-28389.jpg

oh how I would let her do naughty things to me ! :>