Taken (2008 - 2015)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DC007, I had no idea Jean Claude was going to be in this one, as well. Nice spot, thank you for posting this.
    Really can't wait for this!!! SF has lots of competition if it wants to be the best action film of the year.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DC007, I had no idea Jean Claude was going to be in this one, as well. Nice spot, thank you for posting this.

You are welcome :) It seems I was right after all - a new french trailer was going to be released today :)
    Creasy47 wrote:

You are welcome :) It seems I was right after all - a new french trailer was going to be released today :)

Right you were! Not only did they release the trailer I saw attached to 'The Watch,' but you called the French release one, which actually seems to show a lot more in it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Creast47, the trailer you posted kept the 'your mother is going to be taken', while the french trailer I posted has 'your mother and I are going to be taken'... which one will it be ???
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Both will be taken. Why would one trailer say 'your mother and I are going to be taken' otherwise.

I wish they'd get this straight though.
    I'm not sure about their marketing angle here, but I can only surmise that it's pointless to say they will both be taken if they won't. It's easier to cut out '...and I' then it would be to film all of that for nothing...unless they want to confuse the audience and have added in scenes that just won't be in it whatsoever. I'm just hoping the film doesn't cut to following Kim for a long period of time, and Bryan escapes quickly and does his thing.
    Here's the third international trailer:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93239
  • I'll definetly go and see this, I'm really hyped for it and knowing me I'll love it, BUT I think a better sequel would be to have Neeson in an entirely seperate mission. Nobody is Taken, don't call it Taken 2, it's just another film with the Bryan Mills character. They could have made it obvious in trailers it was a sequel to Taken, but nobody actually gets Taken.
    That was the best trailer yet. This film should be all out action, just what it promises to be and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    That was the best trailer yet. This film should be all out action, just what it promises to be and there is nothing wrong with that.

That's exactly why I love the first film: it's Liam Neeson slaughtering people for ninety minutes to get his daughter back. Simplistic fun.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I doubt it'll beat The Raid in terms of all out action, but yeah it looks badass. Looks like Neeson will escape pretty quickly, which is cool. Can't wait.

If they made Taken 3 I'd be happy.
    My girlfriend is bringing 'The Raid' when she comes over in a few days. I cannot wait to watch it. I can already tell it's one of those movies I could go out and purchase on impulse without first seeing it and not regret my purchase.
  • The Raid is my film of the year so far, not even TDKR could top it. It's not in English but there's not much dialouge for it to actually matter, hahahaha.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350

taken-2-poster2-404x600.jpg
    Well this is looking more and more like a shit tonne of fun on ice.
    New trailer:

First scene:

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Interesting. I think they'll be ballsy and kill Lenore. Won't hear any complaining from me, the stupid witch with a b. Anyway, what is this missing scene nonsense that is being referred to?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    "Check out this exclusive look of Taken 2, only here on YouTube. Or I will come for you. And I will find you."

This has to be the best trailer introduction ever!
    Interesting. I think they'll be ballsy and kill Lenore. Won't hear any complaining from me, the stupid witch with a b. Anyway, what is this missing scene nonsense that is being referred to?

The missing scene is the second video I posted.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Holy crap! Kimmy doesn't know the first rule of European tourism: Never destroy the surroundings!!!
    Just interested, to all those who were on the fence.. has it been proven to you this will be as awesome as the first yet?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Just interested, to all those who were on the fence.. has it been proven to you this will be as awesome as the first yet?

I will judge that when I see it.
    I'm still on the fence about the film. I'm dying to see it, but I have a feeling it just won't be that great. I hope I'm wrong.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oh I think it will be good, maybe really good. And they might do some things better in this one. Definitely want to see it.
    Looking forward to this. Definately a night out for this movie too! :-bd
    Any and all possible doubts were lost after watching this clip:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Any and all possible doubts were lost after watching this clip:

:-O And the last few seconds of this one...
    Oh, absolutely. I've had doubts about it for some time now, and I think the majority of it was not only being incredibly lost on which synopsis was correct - whether Bryan gets kidnapped alongside Lennie or not - but also hearing about the synopsis about a year ago, and just thinking it was all going terribly wrong from there on out.

But, it just goes to show that it's best to wait for a good amount of trailers, spots, and clips to make a decision on a film. The first two weeks of October are looking pretty great for films so far: 'Taken 2,' 'Argo,' and 'Sinister.'
    I looks great. Like a worthy sequel though early reviews say otherwise.

The runtime is 91 minutes, so it's two minutes shorter than the first film.