Taken (2008 - 2015)

Comments

• Samuel001 wrote:
    It certainly sounds like an improvement, thanks for sharing. I wonder what the decision to change it was?

There's a message from the director before the alt. ending explaining that they rethought what implications the unchanged version had regarding Bryan's motivation and they liked the film better the way it is now. In my opinion, the alternate ending reflects the ruthlessness he shows in the first film, but on the other hand, the ending as is harks back to the first one as well, where the climax is a race against time to save the damsel in distress.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    They've only gone and done it - Taken 3 will begin production in February:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/liam-neeson-to-get-paid-try-20-million-for-his-particular-set-of-skills-in-taken-3/
    I will see it loved 1 and 2
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll see it IF it isn't as terrible as the second one is. I don't see how anyone could like it with how god awful the editing and CGI was.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Wow? Well I hope its not a family orientated one again? That's all I will say for now.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Production to start in February and will no doubt get a November or December release date in the same year. I'm not surprised we're getting a 3rd movie and although I didn't like the second movie, I look forward to see how the 3rd movie will do.
    And let's not mention the two years between the films either. ;)
    Curious as to how they plan on 'shaking up the formula.'
    Not really interested in seeing it at the cinema. I'll probably watch it at some point though.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't see how anyone could like it with how god awful the editing and CGI was.

Complaints about editing, from a QOS fan? ;)

Seriously though, I haven't seen it since it was released so I can't remember it very well but I don't think the editing was too bad and I didn't notice any dodgy CGI at all.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    And let's not mention the two years between the films either. ;)

It is frustrating though, how so many franchises can keep up consistent 2 year releases and Bond can't (even off the back of what was the most successful film ever over here).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    *Promotion for Taken 3*

First, they took his family.

Then, you saw them take him and his family.

Next, his dignity will be taken.
    @thelivingroyale, haha, fair enough. I think the reason I have few complaints with QoS' editing is that I've seen the film so many times that the editing doesn't really bother me, and I know what's going on. I felt that even some of the hand-to-hand fight scenes in QoS were edited much better than those of 'Taken 2.'
    While Taken 2 was a decent movie the editing of the fightscenes were really awefull, they made QoS look good. And for me that says a lot.
    @SaintMark, I agree to an extent. It was cut so quickly, I don't see how anyone could tell what was going on.
    So filming starts at the end of March, or in about two weeks. I'm curious to see what they plan on doing for the final film, since it's supposed to heavily deter from the formula. With Megaton back on board, though, I can already tell that I will hate this film just as much as the second. They should've just left it at one movie.
    /\ agree there, the first movie was fantastic!! It was my exact same feeling on the Jaws movies! They should have just left it at 1 film!
    I'll probably pass on it in theaters. I was already hesitant after all the trailers/teasers for 'Taken 2,' but I showed up at midnight like an idiot, anyway, and was shocked at how horrible the final film was.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Taken 3 will be released on 9th January 2015.
    I saw this on SKY about a month ago and deleted it after 30 mins...a total load of old tosh.
    barryt007 wrote:
    I saw this on SKY about a month ago and deleted it after 30 mins...a total load of old tosh.

100% agreed. Laughably bad in places. Would love to know what that @Lazenby bloke thought of Taken 2 incidently.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'm surprised at how much hate Taken 2 is getting. The first was by far better but the second isn't trash, it just wasn't as enjoyable as the first.
    Even Taken 3 is getting hate and we haven't even got the first trailer yet. I'm looking to the Die Hard movies for reassurance. The first is the best and always will be, the second is the worst, the third was really great, and lets hope Taken doesn't follow Die Hard and make more after that.
    I didn't think Taken 2 was bad but I don't think it was worth what I paid for the cinema ticket. Decent enough film but I should've waited for it to be on TV.
    @QsAssistant, disagreed, 'Taken 2' was trash from start to finish. It had no redeeming qualities for me. I'm not excited for 'Taken 3' in the slightest, solely because it sounds like it's going away from the simplicity of 'Taken' and Megaton is directing once again.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Leland Orser is set to reprise his role as Liam Neeson’s best friend Sam in Fox’s Taken 3. The film begins production at the end of March, with Taken and Taken 2 cast members Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen and Jon Gries also returning.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/taken-3-get-hard-leland-orser-dan-bakkedahl
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Leland Orser is set to reprise his role as Liam Neeson’s best friend Sam in Fox’s Taken 3. The film begins production at the end of March, with Taken and Taken 2 cast members Maggie Grace, Famke Janssen and Jon Gries also returning.

Hmmm? I wonder what the plot might be? :-?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Hmmm? I wonder what the plot might be? :-?

I know...sooooo unoriginal but still people are daft enough to go and see it ...

[-(
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    If we're lucky the plot will revolve around Mills saving his old CIA buddies when a mission goes bad. That was one of the ideas we all discussed previously.
    If we're lucky the plot will revolve around Mills saving his old CIA buddies when a mission goes bad. That was one of the ideas we all discussed previously.

Just like Rambo 3,talk about un-original.
    barryt007 wrote:

Just like Rambo 3,talk about un-original.

Nothing is new under the sun. Ideas are often repeated, but the execution can set them apart. Being negative from the start doesn't help either...
    After Taken 2 its hard not to be,old son !!