Taken (2008 - 2015)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DC007, I would have paid good money to play Chuck in GE.
  • The story of Taken-II is different. Not his daughter kidnapped again....
    Read it : http://springheads.com/article/The-Next-Move-of-Bryan-Mills-in-Taken-2-5

-http://springheads.com
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,473
    New international trailer:
    <object id="sbPlayer" width="625" height="377" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/515737/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/mediaplayer/springboard/video/cs006/71/515737/"; width="625" height="377" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

WHAT IS GOING ON? I don't understand!

Not only have I seen two conflicting plots: Bryan is taken, Bryan isn't taken, but now, both trailers are cut differently - Bryan gets taken, Bryan doesn't get taken. Which is it?!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Now this trailer will get people talking ! Is Neeson taken or not taken ?
    it looks like they are both taken!
    But, I wonder if Neeson says that, they get the bag over his head, THEN he fights his way through them and escapes...or, if he fights them, then they get the bag over his head and he is taken.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I told you all. Well, I said somewhere along the line. So, they both get taken, Kimmy saves Brian like Superman, and they team up. Weeeeeeeeeeeee.... :-w

I just hate that he calls her and says "Kimmy your mother...and I are going to be taken", which is just a cheap imitation of the line from the first film. I wish they made knew dialogue or something. Like "Kimmy, don't panic now...but your mother and I are going to be captured..." I dunno.
    I told you all. Well, I said somewhere along the line. So, they both get taken, Kimmy saves Brian like Superman, and they team up. Weeeeeeeeeeeee.... :-w

I just hate that he calls her and says "Kimmy your mother...and I are going to be taken", which is just a cheap imitation of the line from the first film. I wish they made knew dialogue or something. Like "Kimmy, don't panic now...but your mother and I are going to be captured..." I dunno.

That's what I thought from the start - slightly turned me off from the film - until I read a new plot synopsis that acted like Lenore is taken and he and Kim team up. Then I saw the trailer, and it set in my mind that they do, in fact, both team up to save her. Now, not so much. Either they're trying to screw with our brains, or the marketing team is terrible at cutting footage. I guess we'll find out come October, but I do think you're right, they both get taken, Kim helps him escape, and then they team up to rescue Lenore.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder if this is purposeful, or if this is just bad marketing. If the latter, that is really sad, because I want this film to be a success and have people go out and see it. But I can see this all turning people off.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I'll still see it and I hope for the best end result - a good film.
    I've followed the films for months now, and it's even confusing me. I know I'll still see it, regardless of what plot they choose, it's just apparent that the marketing is already off to a bad start. Two opposing trailers within a few weeks of one another.
    I think it's the plot we've been given from day one: Bryan and Lenore are taken. I would guess somehow, Bryan escapes through the course of the story and teams up with Kim.

The opposing trailers will confuse matters for many but that shouldn't mean Taken 2 isn't a big success.
    New poster:

taken-2-poster1-450x600.jpg
    Samuel001 wrote:
    New poster:

taken-2-poster1-450x600.jpg

Very nice! Seriously looking forward to seeing Neeson back as this charactor.
    Very, very cool. I'm still not 100% sure on what to expect from the film, but I know I'm really anticipating it. Going to be a nice couple of months from here on out in terms of action films I'm looking forward to.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The tagline on the poster is 'This time, they're coming for him'
    The tagline on the poster is 'This time, they're coming for him'

Thanks for translating it, I couldn't be arsed to go on google translate to check what it was. Anyway, looks really badass (the poster).
    I must admit it is nice to see Xenia Onatopp Famke Janssen again :D
    It will certainly be a nice warm up act for Skyfall! Thats for sure! :D
    Liam Neeson slaughtering bad guys (again) for 90 minutes rightfully deserves my movie ticket. After seeing TDKR twice now, my next heavily anticipated film is 'The Bourne Legacy.' It looks better and better with every preview I see.
    New trailer for Taken 2 to be released tomorrow !
    New trailer for Taken 2 to be released tomorrow !

Again?
    It was attached to 'The Watch,' and it's pretty awesome.
    We see a little bit more driving, a good bit more hand-to-hand combat, some broken necks, a car flipping over a bridge, and in this one, Bryan says to Kim - again - that Lenore is going to be taken, not him. He also instructs Kim to go into a room and grab a gun and two grenades. This trailer was much better than the first one.
    Sorry Creasy47 - I saw that allocine.fr is saying that a new trailer is released tomorrow... I didn't realize there was already a new trailer.
    Sorry Creasy47 - I saw that allocine.fr is saying that a new trailer is released tomorrow... I didn't realize there was already a new trailer.

No apologies needed, I just thought you all were talking about it being released online, and I totally forgot about the one I watched last night. I hope it's online soon, I'm looking forward to seeing it again.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Holy fantastic.

Definitely one of the best films of the year, entertainment wise. The cinematography and soundtrack are already promising, as well as the action and dialogue, though the latter is a bit repetitive.

These are the movies I want to make. Who needs an OSCAR when you can have a good time.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,473
    @JWESTBROOK, that's why it's one of those films that you know is going to be good: the entertainment value. Like I've said a thousand times before, it's Liam Neeson slaughtering people for 90-120 minutes, what more could you possibly want?

I'm not sure what it is, but the second trailer for films always seems to get me more pumped: this movie, the full trailer (which I guess is considered the first full trailer, but anyway) for SF, and the second trailer for 'The Bourne Legacy,' which I'm incredibly excited for.
    And another film that's full of promise. How great, there are still many good films to arrive yet, this year.
    The new french trailer has footage from Jean Claude (french agent from the first film)