The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm not going to buy them until I walk up to my local box office 30 minutes prior to showtime
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So I'm thinking the five film Craig Bond marathon is out this time around.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    So I'm thinking the five film Craig Bond marathon is out this time around.

Most likely, unfortunately. Would've loved an opportunity to catch CR and QoS in theaters again, though.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited September 2020 Posts: 1,006
    I’m in Los Angeles - we are improving, but not sure if it’s fast enough to have theaters open by Nov. Hoping for drive-in options, but worst case I’ll just see it in Orange County.

Will be wearing N95 + goggles.
  • It was a very quick and easy refund for me from one of my two local cinemas last time so I'm not worried about that possibility. I booked my 2 tickets on the day they came on sale and I aim to do so again this time.
  • Pretty daft to not buy them when they come out, I got refunded straight away last time, and at the end of the day it was only £5.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    For you all that buy in advance, is from a Fandom standpoint or is it that you want it in advance in the case of a sold out showing?
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    For you all that buy in advance, is from a Fandom standpoint or is it that you want it in advance in the case of a sold out showing?

Mostly to guarantee a seat because it's bound to be sold out on opening night. Especially with limited capacity seating.

Mostly to guarantee a seat because it's bound to be sold out on opening night. Especially with limited capacity seating.

Gotcha. I ran into that problem with Spectre. Had to drive all around Tampa just to find a theater that had open seats on opening night
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Definitely the latter. Pandemic or not, I don't see many films in theaters anymore so when I do, I want to be sure I get the seats I want for the showtime I want.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am most certainly seeing this in the cinema.
    Tickets back on sale today in the Netherlands - https://app.powster.com/universalstudios/007-no-time-to-die/nl/
    seems like there's gonna be a UK re-release of the previous Craig era films
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    New Zealand's release date is the same as the UK so I expect tickets will go on sale here pretty soon. I'll be getting one as soon as they're available just so it's out of my mind. 12/11's a Thursday so I'll probably see it on the Friday or the Saturday. I've got no idea how popular it's going to be. I'm sure plenty of people are still going to be cautious about it even though we're in pretty good shape compared with other countries. It doesn't bother me of course. I've had a whole theatre to myself before and it was great.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    seems these will be one-night-only shows taking place from the 4th to the 7th of Nov, the week before NTTD. What are the chances they do a preview, coinciding with the 'premiere' (however it happens), on the 8th/9th like Spectre?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    New Zealand's release date is the same as the UK so I expect tickets will go on sale here pretty soon. I'll be getting one as soon as they're available just so it's out of my mind. 12/11's a Thursday so I'll probably see it on the Friday or the Saturday. I've got no idea how popular it's going to be. I'm sure plenty of people are still going to be cautious about it even though we're in pretty good shape compared with other countries. It doesn't bother me of course. I've had a whole theatre to myself before and it was great.
    New Zealand did really well bouncing back from the virus, the first to get back on track, I think.
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    edited October 2020 Posts: 539
    QBranch wrote: »
    New Zealand did really well bouncing back from the virus, the first to get back on track, I think.

Yes we were onto it early. Mind you we are also a small country. We had a slight surge in cases up north in Auckland a couple of weeks ago but that seems to have resolved itself. Of course I have no idea what's going to happen in the coming weeks.
    Bumping this as tickets seem to be going on sale globally from September 13 - Germany, Korea and now UK all confirmed
    antovolk wrote: »
    Bumping this as tickets seem to be going on sale globally from September 13 - Germany, Korea and now UK all confirmed

Thank you - I’m chomping at the bit to see if a Craig marathon happens at a theater near me like it was supposed to before the pandemic struck.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    No way it’s only an hour and 53 minutes. It better not be.

OMG, Forster has re-edited it during the pandemic.
    If all goes well (fingers crossed, throw salt behind the shoulder, touch wood and all that), I'll be seeing it at the closest theater that shows movies in the original version, which is the UGC Saint Quentin, just a short bus trip away.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    In Lausanne, CH in 2D. Planning to see it 5 times
  • I'm planning on seeing it at my local Vue in the afternoon of the 30th Sep, then in the evening with some friends and then at my nearest IMAX the following weekend!
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited August 2021 Posts: 1,006
    Wherever in Los Angeles County that has the lowest Covid case rates at the time. Medical-grade N95 mask. Probably will attend the earliest screening possible on a Sunday or Monday so it’s not a packed house.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

@antovolk have you have you been to the printworks Manchester? I remember you saying it was a great choice but I've read a few concerning reviews about the screens cleanliness and lack of air con. Just wondering if you or anyone else has experienced it?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 625
    There will be preview screenings in Germany on September 28th at 9pm (3pm New York Time):

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhaltung/kino/kind-und-familie/bildplus-gewinnspiel-sehen-sie-den-neuen-bond-vor-kinostart-77467238,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

I imagine there might be live coverage from the London premiere aswell at those screenings.
    DCisared wrote: »

@antovolk have you have you been to the printworks Manchester? I remember you saying it was a great choice but I've read a few concerning reviews about the screens cleanliness and lack of air con. Just wondering if you or anyone else has experienced it?

I have not, NTTD was/may be my first time there. Obviously now with Covid they'd have surely must have improved on this...

To clarify for everyone - it may basically end up being the only choice to see the film in full IMAX in the UK, unless the London Science Museum starts screening new films...
    DCisared wrote: »

I have not, NTTD was/may be my first time there. Obviously now with Covid they'd have surely must have improved on this...

To clarify for everyone - it may basically end up being the only choice to see the film in full IMAX in the UK, unless the London Science Museum starts screening new films...

You would hope so! Thanks mate
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2021 Posts: 12,459
    Only info at my cinema (JAPAN) says Sept 30th tickets on sale
    First show is Oct 1st
    I will have to get a Japanese friend to call the ticket office for me.
    Very nervous as I don't want to miss out and Bond tickets sell out within a couple of hours here. Sigh ... I don't think Sept. 30th can possibly be correct. I was reading the cinema's page translated into English.
    I really hope we get midnight screenings this time.