The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

hello, genuine question for those here that understand these things better than me.....is there any difference in what to expect from a "preview" screening at the IMAX on 2nd April and the general release date of 3rd April....? its not a cut down version of the movie or anything like that...?
  • No tickets available yet at cineplex.com for Canada

I've been checking constantly haha. Hopefully Monday!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    darrenr wrote: »
    hello, genuine question for those here that understand these things better than me.....is there any difference in what to expect from a "preview" screening at the IMAX on 2nd April and the general release date of 3rd April....? its not a cut down version of the movie or anything like that...?

There's no difference between the screening on 2 April and the screenings that will occur on 3 April and after.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164
    darrenr wrote: »

There's no difference between the screening on 2 April and the screenings that will occur on 3 April and after.

Yeah, that's correct. Usually films are out Fridays in the UK with Thursdays occasionally marked in cinema systems as previews.

By the way, Cineworld Leicester Square tickets are now finally up and looks like basically there's no evening show Thursday evening/opening night anywhere...there, OLS, or the BFI (which looks to be digital). Guessing like with Spectre, corporate bookings... At this rate, may be better to catch the Eurostat to Brussels for the 0:07am Thursday night/Friday AM first show lol.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have booked for BFI IMAX on Sunday. Any way of knowing if it will be a 70mm presentation?
    Mallory wrote: »
    I have booked for BFI IMAX on Sunday. Any way of knowing if it will be a 70mm presentation?

We should know this morning as they'll no doubt update on their Facebook page when the team is awake... But it seems like it will be digital given that the Odeon site usually lists the 70mm showings as an entirely separate film listing.
    Has anyone gotten marathon tickets yet? Still waiting for my theater to put up showtimes / tickets...
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    antovolk wrote: »

We should know this morning as they'll no doubt update on their Facebook page when the team is awake... But it seems like it will be digital given that the Odeon site usually lists the 70mm showings as an entirely separate film listing.

It would seem silly if it wasnt. Shot in 70mm sequences but one of the only cinemas capable of projecting it doesnt get it....
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten marathon tickets yet? Still waiting for my theater to put up showtimes / tickets...

Doesn't seem they're up anywhere in the US as of yet. Probably 9am PT...

It would seem silly if it wasnt. Shot in 70mm sequences but one of the only cinemas capable of projecting it doesnt get it....

BFI is a special anomaly as it's the only IMAX flagship venue that doesn't have laser projection... Would definitely be mega disappointing, as one would then have to go up to Manchester or Brussels to see it properly presented.

If only the Science Museum IMAX, which is currently undergoing renovations and the laser upgrade, had this done in time for NTTD and not the summer...
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Tickets booked for both Leicester Square venues, cannot wait!

There's no difference between the screening on 2 April and the screenings that will occur on 3 April and after.[/quote]

That's great, thank you and @antovolk for your answers! Well that's me with an early start in london that day then!
    Why aren't there midnight previews in the UK? Other european countries have them, and are showing NTTD up to 10 hours before the UK. Don't they want the UK to have the first public screenings worldwide?
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    Why aren't there midnight previews in the UK? Other european countries have them, and are showing NTTD up to 10 hours before the UK. Don't they want the UK to have the first public screenings worldwide?

Good question. A friend of mine in the biz seems to think for UK since it's an older core audience for Bond, they won't turn out for midnights...plus, none of the other films had them,

For those wondering re: BFI IMAX - looks like it will be digital, not 70mm.
    ESF2Of-WkAA5zGr?format=jpg&name=medium

Which means - avoid. If you still want IMAX and can't get out to Manchester, try the Cineworld Leicester Square as it has far superior projection (and actually a wider screen - just not as tall).

Good question. A friend of mine in the biz seems to think for UK since it's an older core audience for Bond, they won't turn out for midnights...plus, none of the other films had them.

But the other films had preview screenings several days before the official release. Spectre had four days of previews (Monday to Thursday).
    In other european countries there were no midnights aswell, because the film would be shown the evening before the release date.

But now we don't get previews on wednesday,
    but midnights - only the UK market stays out.

Good question. A friend of mine in the biz seems to think for UK since it's an older core audience for Bond, they won't turn out for midnights...plus, none of the other films had them,

Which means - avoid. If you still want IMAX and can't get out to Manchester, try the Cineworld Leicester Square as it has far superior projection (and actually a wider screen - just not as tall).

The problem with Cineworld Leicester Square can be the audiences. So many times I've seen films there and people have kept getting up and down, chatting, texting etc.. Same happened with SP screening there. However BFI IMAX attracts a respectful audience who watch the film properly. So I've got tickets for BFI Waterloo on 2nd April.

ColonelSun wrote: »

The problem with Cineworld Leicester Square can be the audiences. So many times I've seen films there and people have kept getting up and down, chatting, texting etc.. Same happened with SP screening there. However BFI IMAX attracts a respectful audience who watch the film properly. So I've got tickets for BFI Waterloo on 2nd April.

That's so inconsiderate and annoying. I hate how bad theater etiquette can be nowadays. Here's hoping all of us fans can enjoy NTTD without these problems!

Good question. A friend of mine in the biz seems to think for UK since it's an older core audience for Bond, they won't turn out for midnights...plus, none of the other films had them.

But the other films had preview screenings several days before the official release. Spectre had four days of previews (Monday to Thursday).
    In other european countries there were no midnights aswell, because the film would be shown the evening before the release date.

But now we don't get previews on wednesday,
    but midnights - only the UK market stays out.

Spectre's official UK release date as used in the marketing was that Monday evening, actually. Though in industry charts it technically was four days of previews because it was a Monday as opposed to a Friday release. But it was not a preview per se.

But yes, very weird that UK market isn't doing midnight showings while Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and others are.
  • RC7RC7

Totally agree with you @ColonelSun. I’ll be at the BFI.
    RC7 wrote: »

I guess it's a good thing the screening I'm heading up to Manchester for late on Thursday is over 18s only :D

May see you there. 12.15pm performance on 2nd. Be with a few close mates, my regular DOP, my great editor mate, who was VFX editor on Cats (he has some stories to tell) and my regular script editor. All 4 of us are, obviously, huge Bond fans.

• RC7RC7

I guess it's a good thing the screening I'm heading up to Manchester for late on Thursday is over 18s only :D

I was very tempted to go up (I’m from there) but I’ve got to be on a Eurostar for the Paris Premiere very early Friday.

May see you there. 12.15pm performance on 2nd. Be with a few close mates, my regular DOP, my great editor mate, who was VFX editor on Cats (he has some stories to tell) and my regular script editor. All 4 of us are, obviously, huge Bond fans.

Yes, I’ll be there at that showing 👍

I was very tempted to go up (I’m from there) but I’ve got to be on a Eurostar for the Paris Premiere very early Friday.

Yes, I’ll be there at that showing 👍

Good stuff.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tickets still aren't available for purchase in the US but I'm seeing showtimes for April 3rd, the week before I thought it was releasing here in the States. Very interesting.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Tickets still aren't available for purchase in the US but I'm seeing showtimes for April 3rd, the week before I thought it was releasing here in the States. Very interesting.

Interesting indeed... whereabouts if you don't mind me asking? Fandango shows up first shows on the 9th

Edit; Tix going up Stateside

Interesting indeed... whereabouts if you don't mind me asking? Fandango shows up first shows on the 9th

Edit; Tix going up Stateside

Checking through Fandango, the Bow Tie Reston Town Center 11 in Reston, VA has tickets starting at 8 PM on Friday the 3rd.
    It let me check out so guess I'll be seeing it there on the 3rd. Wild.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,630

On the Bow Tie site, it looks like there's a 7PM showing in the BTX screens.

I live like 30 minutes from there so I'll be seeing it there.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Snagged tickets for IMAX opening night.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 40,468

On the Bow Tie site, it looks like there's a 7PM showing in the BTX screens.

I live like 30 minutes from there so I'll be seeing it there.

I just noticed that there was a 7PM showing AFTER I purchased the tickets. Refunded my tickets in full so I could get some for the 7PM showing instead, since the BTX theater sounds even nicer. Going to get IMAX tickets for the following weekend, too.