The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

edited August 2021 in No Time To Die Posts: 3,164
Tickets have just launched at a large number of ODEONs across the UK, with the notable exception of Central London.

https://www.odeon.co.uk/films/no_time_to_die/18858/

And bear this in mind before committing to book... (spoiler tagged for size)
4g6ily1znpe41.jpg

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,025
    Four hours between showings on the same screen.

30 mins of ads/trailers, 3 hour movie, then 30 mins to clean/prep screen for next showing.

Seemingly confirms the run time.

Also my local Odeon, Norwich, isnt listed yet, but they always update on Tuesdays.
    @Mallory I'd keep refreshing/checking as your local can go up at any time. Tuesdays are the usual refresh time for all cinemas nationwide but for special ticket launches like Bond it can appear out of nowhere...
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @antovolk I hope so, I’ve had the same seats for me and the family on opening night for Skyfall and Spectre in IMAX, and I want them again 😆
    So the tickets have gone off sale now...
  • RC7RC7
    antovolk wrote: »
    So the tickets have gone off sale now...

Just noticed that myself.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    One viewing will be at Reading cinema, because they have leather chairs that recline, plenty of leg room, and the tickets are about ten bucks. Another viewing at Hoyts, and perhaps a third viewing (which I have not done before) at Palace/Nova cinema, as it has a bar so you can drink while viewing *burp*. The idea is to acquire ticket variants and scope out whether the different cinemas have different NTTD-branded popcorn/drink cup merch I can take home. If you collect the Bond cinema tickets as I do, be sure to laminate (seal) them, as the ink will fade over time.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Theyve just upgraded the Regal at my local mall with the reclining seats. So either there or a Cineapolis where they serve you food and booze. But I really dont wanna be interrupted
  • Anyone know when Vue will be starting to sell tickets?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    @antovolk, re: the image in your original post... Feels like a joke I'm not getting :P Is Odeon Leicester Square not good enough? I've never been, but I'm considering going there for my first NTTD viewing, assuming it must be one of the best given its reputation... Am I completely wrong?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    gt007 wrote: »
    @antovolk, re: the image in your original post... Feels like a joke I'm not getting :P Is Odeon Leicester Square not good enough? I've never been, but I'm considering going there for my first NTTD viewing, assuming it must be one of the best given its reputation... Am I completely wrong?

Go to BFI IMAX
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    DCisared wrote: »

Go to BFI IMAX

*If it gets a 70mm print!

Basically, since NTTD was shot with IMAX cameras like Christopher Nolan's film, hands down the best places to see the film are traditional IMAX cinemas (commonly dubbed 'real IMAX') with a tall 1.43 aspect ratio screen, showing the film on either laser projection or 70mm film.

For the UK - that means either the BFI IMAX (on condition they get a 70mm print - they don't have laser projection and we don't know yet if IMAX and EON will be making any prints as they are expensive), or the Vue Manchester Printworks IMAX (which has laser projection). There are a couple other Cineworld venues fitting these 'requirements' that have opened recently but I need to double check...

UPD:
    The Grand Rex in Paris just announced a Craig era marathon on Sunday, April 5, culminating with a NTTD preview. Which according to them, is 185 mins long...

Apologies for double post - tickets on sale widely in France, with national previews simultaneous with the Paris premiere on April 3
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    https://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/film-info/no-time-to-die

https://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/no-time-to-die/ho00006936

Both of these cinemas are saying either 2 hrs or 2 hr 15 mins.

Is this 3 hour rumour a load of BS and the film is no where near that?
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Shardlake wrote: »

Given Wade denied it's three hours, it may just be a bit over two hours. Certainly a return to the average runtime of pre-Craig films.

Given Wade denied it's three hours, it may just be a bit over two hours. Certainly a return to the average runtime of pre-Craig films.

Fukunaga denies three hours also, by the way.

But really the evidence is there (the clapperboards with scene numbers going well over 200, 250 even) for a film that's at least two and a half if not three hours.

French chains which put tickets up today have 170 minutes as a runtime... I'm honestly thinking it'll be around 160-165 all factors considered. And of course Fukunaga and Wade are right in that it's not three hours if it does end up that long :D
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    These cinemas are just speculating I take it as they don't know the running time themselves?

No tickets seem on sale anywhere in the UK.

Go to BFI IMAX

Basically, since NTTD was shot with IMAX cameras like Christopher Nolan's film, hands down the best places to see the film are traditional IMAX cinemas (commonly dubbed 'real IMAX') with a tall 1.43 aspect ratio screen, showing the film on either laser projection or 70mm film.

For the UK - that means either the BFI IMAX (on condition they get a 70mm print - they don't have laser projection and we don't know yet if IMAX and EON will be making any prints as they are expensive), or the Vue Manchester Printworks IMAX (which has laser projection). There are a couple other Cineworld venues fitting these 'requirements' that have opened recently but I need to double check...

UPD:
    The Grand Rex in Paris just announced a Craig era marathon on Sunday, April 5, culminating with a NTTD preview. Which according to them, is 185 mins long...

Interesting... any thoughts on Cineworld’s ‘superscreen’ ? There’s one within walking distance of my house so contemplating that for my midnight showing but resigned to the fact the screen isn’t too impressive.
    These cinemas are just speculating I take it as they don't know the running time themselves?

They would be given a runtime by Universal/MGM - without it they simply wouldn't be able to put tickets on sale and plan showtimes! And that's where arguably the whole rumour comes from, the respective distributors asking cinemas to plan for a film in the 150-180 minute range.

And yeah nowhere in the UK yet though we have obviously gotten Odeon briefly on Monday as we can see at the top of the thread... I'm almost certain this week is the week.

Go to BFI IMAX

UPD:

Interesting... any thoughts on Cineworld’s ‘superscreen’ ? There’s one within walking distance of my house so contemplating that for my midnight showing but resigned to the fact the screen isn’t too impressive.

Cineworld's Superscreens are good in that, size aside (it's basically the chain's own answer to IMAX essentially - many others do this too, it's called Premium Large Format), you get Dolby Atmos audio. But the crux of it is that you won't get the extra image during the IMAX-filmed sequences (over 40% more in 'real IMAX' showing off laser or 70mm, 26% more - like Skyfall - everywhere else).

But if you don't really have an IMAX option go for it because by and large the quality of PLFs like Superscreen, Odeon iSense, Vue Xtreme and especially Dolby Cinema (only a couple venues in the UK including Odeon Leicester Square - along with Atmos audio you get Dolby laser HDR projection which is incredible) is above and beyond most regular multiplex screens.

But I honestly could not recommend the 'full' IMAX experience for this film enough. Presented properly, in the right venue, it's so visceral and immersive - Nolan calls it 'VR without the googles' and he's absolutely right. Many end up going on almost pilgrimages to the BFI whenever a Nolan film is released and there's a reason for that.

They would be given a runtime by Universal/MGM - without it they simply wouldn't be able to put tickets on sale and plan showtimes! And that's where arguably the whole rumour comes from, the respective distributors asking cinemas to plan for a film in the 150-180 minute range.

And yeah nowhere in the UK yet though we have obviously gotten Odeon briefly on Monday as we can see at the top of the thread... I'm almost certain this week is the week.

Go to BFI IMAX

UPD:

Cineworld's Superscreens are good in that, size aside (it's basically the chain's own answer to IMAX essentially - many others do this too, it's called Premium Large Format), you get Dolby Atmos audio. But the crux of it is that you won't get the extra image during the IMAX-filmed sequences (over 40% more in 'real IMAX' showing off laser or 70mm, 26% more - like Skyfall - everywhere else).

But if you don't really have an IMAX option go for it because by and large the quality of PLFs like Superscreen, Odeon iSense, Vue Xtreme and especially Dolby Cinema (only a couple venues in the UK including Odeon Leicester Square - along with Atmos audio you get Dolby laser HDR projection which is incredible) is above and beyond most regular multiplex screens.

But I honestly could not recommend the 'full' IMAX experience for this film enough. Presented properly, in the right venue, it's so visceral and immersive - Nolan calls it 'VR without the googles' and he's absolutely right. Many end up going on almost pilgrimages to the BFI whenever a Nolan film is released and there's a reason for that.

Cheers my man :-bd
    Will deffo make a pilgrimage to BFI like I did with Skyfall or the Printworks then.
  • Shardlake wrote: »

It's odd. I checked my cinema listing in Canada, and they are showing a 1 hour 53 min runtime. A bit specific!
    https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/no-time-to-die
    No way it’s only an hour and 53 minutes. It better not be.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,329
    @antovolk I was just doing some reading on 70mm imax and Yahoo have used one of your tweets about Dunkirk lol

Edit- you wrote the article haha
    Wow - from 3 hours to less than 2??? Maybe the reality is somewhere in between haha who knows at this point?
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    @DCisared, thanks for the recommendation. @antovolk, thanks for the detailed explanation. :)

How/when do we find out whether the BFI gets a 70mm print?
    Made a format guide and did a Twitter thread hopefully succinctly explaining it all...

I've started a spreadsheet as well of best places worldwide to see the film in its 'proper' IMAX presentation - http://bit.ly/NTTDIMAX

@gt007 as soon as tickets go on sale probably, they always make sure to inform people of the format.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Made a format guide and did a Twitter thread hopefully succinctly explaining it all...

I've started a spreadsheet as well of best places worldwide to see the film in its 'proper' IMAX presentation - http://bit.ly/NTTDIMAX

@gt007 as soon as tickets go on sale probably, they always make sure to inform people of the format.
    Great work!
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 12,235
    So to be clear, there is no official runtime yet? I still can’t buy tickets for the theater near me yet.

EDIT:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesbondlive/status/1227685556508712960
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Tickets in The Netherlands have gone on sale this morning as well. Several cinemas will have a midnight release at 0:07 on April 2nd. So this is one of the earliest moments that the general public will see the film!

Meanwhile in Belgium, the film is slated for an April 8th release. But while tickets have gone on sale in The Netherlands, France and Germany; major cinema chain Kinepolis can't say when tickets go on sale. They haven't had any information from Universal Belgium regarding the subject. There's also no running time mentioned on their site yet.

---

I'm not going to wait until the 8th to see the film, so I'm probably hopping across the border to see the film in The Netherlands first.
    And then again in IMAX in Brussels, because @antovolk really persuaded me to do so (but it had been on my mind before).
    As I noted on Twitter in response to what you posted @DeerAtTheGates - 3 hours 10 minutes scheduled in including ads and trailers...we really are looking at 165 minutes. Which without end credits I can easily see why Cary and Wade say is not 3 hours haha

Also, the mentions of 3D. Wonder if that's a mistake on Pathe's part or there's really gonna be a 3D conversion.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited February 2020 Posts: 524
    As I noted on Twitter in response to what you posted @DeerAtTheGates - 3 hours 10 minutes scheduled in including ads and trailers...we really are looking at 165 minutes. Which without end credits I can easily see why Cary and Wade say is not 3 hours haha

Also, the mentions of 3D. Wonder if that's a mistake on Pathe's part or there's really gonna be a 3D conversion.

I just love it, such a long Bond movie... And I wil sit through the end credits, just to see if 'James Bond will return'. ;)

Yes, @antovolk us Dutch speaking Bond fans were quite dumbfounded about the 3D too, but Pathé themselves are absolutely sure: it was not a mistake, there will be a 3D conversion of the film. Seems to only exist to cash in on moviegoers and Bond fans, as the midnight screenings are *all* in 3D. So that means that if you want to be the first to see the film in NL, you'll need to suffer through 3 hours of staring at a 3D image. (Thread in Dutch)