The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Seriously when are the UK tickets going on sale?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,056
    Odeon are running a competition, sign up to NTTD ticket info and win a free year of cinema tickets.

https://www.odeon.co.uk/offers-and-promotions/win_a_year_s_worth_of_free_cinema_tickets_for_you_and_a_friend_courtesy_of_odeon_limitless/770/

Competition ends Friday 21st Feb.... so tickets on sale officially Friday?

And with a new trailer?
    Mallory wrote: »
    Odeon are running a competition, sign up to NTTD ticket info and win a free year of cinema tickets.

https://www.odeon.co.uk/offers-and-promotions/win_a_year_s_worth_of_free_cinema_tickets_for_you_and_a_friend_courtesy_of_odeon_limitless/770/

Competition ends Friday 21st Feb.... so tickets on sale officially Friday?

And with a new trailer?

Oh that's a great spot actually! Thank you!
  • DrunkIrishPoetDrunkIrishPoet The Amber Coast
    Opening weekend in Austin, Texas, USA, at the Bob Bullock Museum's IMAX Theater--the biggest screen in town!
    Opening weekend in Austin, Texas, USA, at the Bob Bullock Museum's IMAX Theater--the biggest screen in town!

And one of the few presenting it in its intended format ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    When are tickets expected to go on sale in Canada/North America?
    jake24 wrote: »
    When are tickets expected to go on sale in Canada/North America?

Good question. I'd imagine coordinated with the UK drop too. And it was spotted just above by @Mallory that it may be on or just after the 21st.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Tickets on sale in Germany on Feb 27

From the IMAX earnings call just now - the film will be released "a few days early" in IMAX cinemas. presumably meaning in the US/Canada where the film is out April 10 compared to UK/international from April 2.
    antovolk wrote: »
    From the IMAX earnings call just now - the film will be released "a few days early" in IMAX cinemas. presumably meaning in the US/Canada where the film is out April 10 compared to UK/international from April 2.

I’ll be keeping on eye on this. I want to see it as soon as possible!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I’m hoping to see NTTD at the Alamo Drafthouse here in New York, but I don’t see it one their long-range calendar as of yet.

Often, instead of having to sit through an endless series of movie trailers (which I hate with a passion!!!), Alamo will show short film featurettes that are actually related to the film you’re about to watch. For example, while waiting for “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” this past summer, they showed a couple of short 5-10-minute overviews explaining the history of the film franchise, as well as a humorous compilation of Godzilla themed TV ads from around the world.

I can think of many things that they could show prior to NTTD, but I hope they include a short tribute to the Daniel Craig era since this is his final 007 movie.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Gonna see this on a real IMAX screen located at Irvine, California, as soon as tickets are available. I can't wait to purchase them.
    Gonna see this on a real IMAX screen located at Irvine, California, as soon as tickets are available. I can't wait to purchase them.

Irvine Spectrum? Unfortunately they've got the single laser projector, which means it won't fill the whole screen for the IMAX sequences :/
  • RC7RC7

Just in the US?
    RC7 wrote: »

Just in the US?

Presume so. No way they'd screen it here, for insrance, before the March 31 world premiere. North America release being a week later allows for this.

Anyway official: UK tickets on sale March 2. Exactly a month before release. Format for BFI IMAX still unknown.
    https://www.facebook.com/24927908241/posts/10159396834193242/?substory_index=0
    Sorry for double post but...
    "No Time To Die opens wide April 10, with early access IMAX screenings starting the morning of April 9."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/amp/c.php?url=IMAX-Reveals-Exclusive-NO-TIME-TO-DIE-Artwork-20200220

Irvine Spectrum? Unfortunately they've got the single laser projector, which means it won't fill the whole screen for the IMAX sequences :/

They don’t project 70mm format anymore, but the screen is still 1:44 aspect ratio. When I went to see The Rise of Skywalker there was a special preview for Tenet and that was formatted at full frame 1:44.

They don’t project 70mm format anymore, but the screen is still 1:44 aspect ratio. When I went to see The Rise of Skywalker there was a special preview for Tenet and that was formatted at full frame 1:44.

Ah that's great to hear if you got the Tenet preview full frame! Had previously heard the laser system they had installed can't do 1.43, only 1.90.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,025

Ah that's great to hear if you got the Tenet preview full frame! Had previously heard the laser system they had installed can't do 1.43, only 1.90.

I think 1.90 is only for the smaller IMAX venues due to the shape of the screen not being able to support the full 1.43 properly, otherwise you’d have to shrink the image to fit and that’s not good.

For certain theaters they replaced the 70mm projectors with the IMAX GT projectors which can do 1.43. The last time I saw 70mm projected at Irvine was in 2014 with Interstellar. One year later I saw The Force Awakens and it was a digital projection, but they didn’t use the full frame for that one IMAX sequence as it only opened up to 1:90, even though the screen could accommodate for a taller image. I assume Disney only did full 1:43 for 70mm attractions, which was a bummer.

Here’s an article that brings up the GT projector: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/imax-with-laser-tour/
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 3,164

I think 1.90 is only for the smaller IMAX venues due to the shape of the screen not being able to support the full 1.43 properly, otherwise you’d have to shrink the image to fit and that’s not good.

For certain theaters they replaced the 70mm projectors with the IMAX GT projectors which can do 1.43. The last time I saw 70mm projected at Irvine was in 2014 with Interstellar. One year later I saw The Force Awakens and it was a digital projection, but they didn’t use the full frame for that one IMAX sequence as it only opened up to 1:90, even though the screen could accommodate for a taller image. I assume Disney only did full 1:43 for 70mm attractions, which was a bummer.

Here’s an article that brings up the GT projector: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/imax-with-laser-tour/

Yeah the IMAX GT dual lasers are the ones to look out for. There's a newer single laser CoLa projector introduced last year intended to replace the Xenons at smaller venues but a few larger 1.43 venues went for those instead of GTs due to cost - so won't get full 1.43 for NTTD or Tenet etc (unless they screen 70mm). Heard Irvine Spectrum was one of those venues that went for the CoLa instead of the GT laser...

At the time.you saw Force Awakens it must have been screening off the Xenon digital setup which is intended for the 1.90 screens and can only do that aspect ratio. (BFI IMAX here in London is facing the same issue, no laser projection of any kind, just either 70mm or Xenon) There were definitely 1.43 laser copies of the film at the venues with the GT lasers.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,025
    The thing I noticed about The Force Awakens screening was that the projector was still capable of doing a full 1.43 projection. Before each movie begins they do a Feature Presentation countdown bit, and it always fills the whole screen before the movie plays at its native aspect ratio. I always remember the theater doing that just because it's the only time during these screenings that I ever get to see a demonstration of the full 1.43 projection. So TFA could have easily opened up for its IMAX sequence, but for whatever reason it only went 1.90, and I'm assuming that's all on Disney not bothering to accommodate for our larger theaters.

I never saw Dunkirk when it came out, so I can't personally confirm if the Irvine Spectrum had the film screened at full or at 1.90. I would hope IMAX is provided a digital 1.43 copy for NTTD at Irvine, but I guess we won't know for certain until its release. I'll be sure to report about it here.
    So I just got proper confirmation that Spectrum is indeed the GT laser, thank you for the heads up on this @MakeshiftPython !
    No problem!

I remember fondly watching SKYFALL for the first time at that theater, I think it was actually a 70mm blow up. I wish MGM would put out a 1.90 copy of the film because I thought it looked much better opened up. I skipped out SPECTRE though, because as far as I was aware there wasn’t anything too special done for IMAX like for SF.
    Any news on possible previews in London?

I know NTTD opens in the UK on 2 April. So the first screenings could be at midnight. Correct?

But what about the other countries, where the movie also opens in 2 April - like Germany etc. - they will have midnight previews aswell - one hour before the UK (because of the time shift).
    Don't you think there should be previews on April 1 or even parallel to the world premiere on 31 March? They did this with "Spectre".
    The movie opened the very same second the World Premiere started.

I'm coming over from Germany and want to see the movie in the UK first.
    But if I find out, that I could see it in Germany before, it would be bad.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The closest IMAX theater to me is about an hour away so I'm thinking I'll make the drive for my first watch. I'll likely catch it one or two more times at my local theater.
    Im looking daily to see if New Zealand or Australia is having a premier or special screening. I have three weeks off work, so hopefully I will find a ticket.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    acidie wrote: »
    Im looking daily to see if New Zealand or Australia is having a premier or special screening. I have three weeks off work, so hopefully I will find a ticket.

All four of Craig’s previous films had premiers in Sydney (Craig was present for the first three) so that’s where it would likely be.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Silver CIty Riverport's IMAX screen, and ScotiaBank Theatre Downtown Vancouver, which is now finally reporting a runtime of 2h43m.
    More and more venues appear to be going with 163 as the runtime so looks like this is it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Any info on when tickets go on sale in Canada?