Taken (2008 - 2015)

Comments

TAKEN 2 TEASER TRAILER TO BE RELEASED TODAY AT 5PM (french time)

About time for an October release!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Skip to 8:20:
  • That image of the ever so talented Maggie Grace is perfect. Her hands are in the right position to sum up her acting talent.

To be fair she was hot in that Guy Pierce sci-fi rubbish I watched last night - Locked Out.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That image of the ever so talented Maggie Grace is perfect. Her hands are in the right position to sum up her acting talent.

To be fair she was hot in that Guy Pierce sci-fi rubbish I watched last night - Locked Out.

Lockout? Looked really good. So many interesting movies I've missed in theaters this year and have to wait what feels like years to see on DVD or blu-ray.

edited June 2012 Posts: 40,465
    Apologies for the double post, but ladies and gentlemen...here is the international trailer for 'Taken 2':
    http://au.movies.yahoo.com/movie/70602/29745758
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Now that is awesome !!
    Absolutely. Any and all doubts are gone. Wow. I. Am. Pumped.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    So it seems it's the wife that is taken hostage ? not Neeson ?
    @DC007, correct. The plot we have been given for months now seems to have been a lie, or heavily misunderstood. I was under the impression that Bryan and Lenore were taken, and Kim had to save them. Then, a few weeks ago, I thought Lenore and Kim were taken, and Bryan had to save them. Now, it looks like Lenore is taken, Bryan and Kim escape, and have to work together to get her back. Looks very cool.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Skyfall locations and a badass character...wait, where's Daniel Craig? lol

xxx
    Daniel Craig is...Liam Neeson in...Taken 2.

I love having slight doubts about a film that get totally removed after seeing a trailer.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That was awesome! I thought unknown was garbage, the grey was excellent but this film...just when you thought it wasn't even possible for Beeson to get anymore badass he does. When does this cone out?

Taken 2, Bourne Legacy and Skyfall all in the dame year
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    *watches trailer*

Daniel who...? Seriously though, these films make Neeson look badass in ways that we haven't seen since the likes of Mitchum, Marvin etc. =D> He's not some pouting wannabe model
    *watches trailer*

Daniel who...? Seriously though, these films make Neeson look badass in ways that we haven't seen since the likes of Mitchum, Marvin etc. =D> He's not some pouting wannabe model

Neeson has some serious competition this year with Sean Bean in 'Cleanskin' :)

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    *watches trailer*

Neeson has some serious competition this year with Sean Bean in 'Cleanskin' :)

Oh yes. It's R2 dvd release is July 2nd. Bean as a tough Bond esque spy, Rampling as his M esque boss... :D Sounds like my dream modern Bond film.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

xxx
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,465
    Wow, 'Cleanskin' looks very good. I've always loved Sean Bean, but unfortunately, the comments I checked out on the Youtube trailer seemed to give away the ending. Shame.
    Taken 2 looks very impressive! It will be a definate trip to the cinema for that movie! Excellent trailor! =D>
    @Creasy47 don't let that spoil the fun - I can't wait to see Bean kick some serious arse !!
    Superb trailer, cannot wait for the film although to be fair even if it's only half as good as the first it will still be worth watching.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Man this looks great! I can't wait. Looks better that I thought it would. I think this has potential to be even better than the first. Of course its all about Liam kicking ass.
    And I like that actor Rade (can't get his last name right); I've liked him since seeing him with Val Kilmer in The Saint back in 1996 or so. He looks cool and makes a good bad guy.
    @Creasy47 don't let that spoil the fun - I can't wait to see Bean kick some serious arse !!

I won't! What's also unfortunate is that I had not heard of this film until now - looks excellent, and I really hope I can find a way to watch it here in the States.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Looks awesome!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The trailer has me kinda excited, but very concerned. It all feels so recycled, the prime example being the "your mother will be taken" bit, which is copy and pasted almost directly from the first one. And as I feared, the daughter seems to be some superhuman, as evident from the crazy jump she makes. I am still weary of it at this point.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The promise that this will be the only sequel gives me hope this won't be rehash too much. Even if it is, if Bryan kills people in new and interesting ways, that should be good enough.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The promise that this will be the only sequel gives me hope this won't be rehash too much. Even if it is, if Bryan kills people in new and interesting ways, that should be good enough.
    When did they say this would be the only sequel?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'll have the find the link but it when in a conversation about the Transporter films. It was mentioned there's been three and will be a least another one down the road somewhere but compared to Taken, it was only number one and two.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'll have the find the link but it when in a conversation about the Transporter films. It was mentioned there's been three and will be a least another one down the road somewhere but compared to Taken, it was only number one and two.
    The third could involved the man Lenore was with in the first film being kidnapped (Bryan mentions his shady doings in Taken 1 as well, when he did his background check). After that I can't think of much else. I hope Amanda is mentioned in the second one though, by Kim, Bryan, or even the father getting revenge in the film.
    Or maybe Bryan's colleagues get kidnapped during a mission and he has to rescue them. That would be pretty plausible.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Or maybe Bryan's colleagues get kidnapped during a mission and he has to rescue them. That would be pretty plausible.
    That would be awesome! Hopefully they return this time. Oh man, even the singer from the first one could get taken. Crap, there are so many possibilities...