Quick Big Mi6 Community Bond girl Ranking Game

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    It took awhile but Melina Havelock has become a favourite of mine. That crossbow, that gaze, that long hair. A well-motivated, capable character, portrayed by a fine actress. It's nice to see her ending this high.

Totally agreed.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    And for our next miracle...

JANE SEYMOUR
    as Solitaire
    in LIVE AND LET DIE

17162.jpg

The third Rog co-star in a row here and also the highest ranked of the Moore years, receiving one gold medal, two silvers and one bronze.

Three 5th places were also collected together with six more top 10 finishes. Four of those were a 9th spot.

It's also worth noting that not a single member of our distinguished Academy put her outside the top 20. Ergo, no bottom 5's for Solitaire. Her worst rating was indeed 20th, given to her by two members.

In total, Solitaire collected 172 points.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    Holy crap. I read that and think, "Pam's still in it?! Beautiful!"

I had Solitaire at 13. She's a lovely character and I like her a lot, bit I guess Tom ran out of things for her to say or do at some point, because she sort of disappears a bit toward the end.

• Oh no! I do wonder who gave her gold, as I actually gave her silver. She's wonderful in LALD, especially in her scenes with Yaphet Kotto. Of course she's also one of the most beautiful Bond leading ladies.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Holy crap. I read that and think, "Pam's still in it?! Beautiful!"

I had Solitaire at 13. She's a lovely character and I like her a lot, bit I guess Tom ran out of things for her to say or do at some point, because she sort of disappears a bit toward the end.

This is where I put her as well.
    Number 8!
    Hmmmm hold on, I didn't look right, Solitaire actually ended up 7th, while the 8th spot went to

CAREY LOWELL
    as Pam Bouvier
    in LICENCE TO KILL

tumblr_mv3zhkOr861qkcj94o1_500.jpg

Pam proves to be Tim's most popular Bond girl, collecting one gold medal, three silvers and two bronzes.

Additionally she finished 4th twice and received five more top 10's, three of those were 10th spots.

At the other end, two bottom 5's were noted: one 22nd and one 23rd place.

Pam Bouvier received 164 points in total.

Sorry for the slip-up, folks. Pam ended up 8th, while Solitaire finished 7th.
    It's like Moonlight and La La Land all over again!

Oh well, great showing for Pam. She's my number 3. I love how she does the "Bond's equal" badass thing without them playing it up with corny oneupsmanship.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Pam's my number 2, so I'm sorry to see her not crack the top five. But still, a respectable placement for one of Felix's best recruits.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Solitaire??? But... but... but she's my FAVOURITE Bond girl. What have you people done--I mean, look . at . her! So lovely, so nice, so ...

Ah well. [-(

Pam is a surprise to be honest. I like her, but I never would have expected her to surpass both of the Pussies, Kara, Solitaire, ...
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,600
    Strangely, I also had “Pam Bouvier” and “Solitaire” picked back-to-back. In my case, however, I had them picked at numbers 14 and 13, respectively.

While not one of my favorite Bond Girls, the character of “Solitaire” is certainly among the more famous and Jane Seymour does a good job in the role. And it certainly doesn’t hurt, that Ms. Seymour has maintained a high profile in the decades since LALD.

What I find surprising is the ranking of Pam Bouvier. Clearly, the Carey Lowell fan club hacked into the voting machines 😊. While, she gets “bonus” points from me as a fellow New Yorker, I’ve always thought that she was better in the “Law & Order” TV series.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Solitaire??? But... but... but she's my FAVOURITE Bond girl. What have you people done--I mean, look . at . her! So lovely, so nice, so ...

Ah well. [-(

Pam is a surprise to be honest. I like her, but I never would have expected her to surpass both of the Pussies, Kara, Solitaire, ...

@GoldenGun made a mistake and Solitaire is actually ahead by 1 spot. ;)
    She hit #9 for me in my ranking, though might drop a few places had I had more thought put into it. She's beautiful and charming and mysterious but isn't necessarily vital or pivotal to Bond's success, past a few moments.
    Well Jane and Carey's beauty got me confused and I mixed up their scores, but all is fixed now. For your convenience though, here's the list so far:

7. Solitaire
    8. Pam
    9. Melina (tie)
    10. Octopussy (tie)
    11. Pussy (tie)
    12. Camille
    13. Kara
    14. Anya
    15. Wai Lin (tie)
    16. Kissy (tie)
    17. Madeleine
    18. Sévérine
    19. Holly
    20. Stacey
    21. Christmas (tie)
    22. Tiffany (tie)
    23. Domino '83
    24. Mary
    25. Jinx
    26. Vesper '67
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Just catching up and I can't believe my girl Pussy missed the top 10. She's the one I'd go gay for, if anyone was wondering.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Just catching up and I can't believe my girl Pussy missed the top 10. She's the one I'd go gay for, if anyone was wondering.

Technically it was a three-way tie, so if you don't count the toss-ups, she ended up in a shared 9th spot :)
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,426
    The problem with this thread is that it makes every post someone makes sound like disgraceful double entendres … or maybe it’s just me *giggles like a naughty schoolboy*
    Wait 'till we get to the villains :))
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Pam was my number one.
    The remaining six are the obvious choices, I believe (or is Natalya a great surprise?). The winner will probably be no surprise but it is exciting to see the next reveals.
    Before we go into the top 5, here's our number 6:

IZABELLA SCORUPCO
    as Natalya Simonova
    in GOLDENEYE

715Jk5Av59L._AC_SX425_.jpg

When it comes to the Pierce era, the GE entry is usually by far the best-liked. Natalya is no different. She collected one gold medal, two silvers and one bronze.

She also received five more top 5's and ten more top 10's. With only two bottom 5's, of which one 25th place was the lowest, she clearly has more friends than enemies amongst our Academy members.

In total Natalya Simonova managed to collect 175 points.
    #2 for me, if you can believe it. She balances the line between helpless Bond girl and quickly capable hacker with ease and I had a boyhood crush on her when I grew up loving this movie. Lots of GE bias in my decision here but I've always loved her character.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    #17 for me. I can see why a certain fanbase is loyal to her, and she doe step job admirably, but I've always found a rather off-putting masculinity to her performance.

:O I would not have used that to describe her performance, I suppose in the mid 90's she is a different 'type" of Bond girl but following TLD and LTK's ladies she is pretty great! #7 in my books. Lovely all around.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    #2 for me, if you can believe it. She balances the line between helpless Bond girl and quickly capable hacker with ease and I had a boyhood crush on her when I grew up loving this movie. Lots of GE bias in my decision here but I've always loved her character.

Agreed - agreed - agreed. :-)
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 1,469
    My #19, even though GE is my fave Brosnan film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I had her at 23, so I dont align. Who had her at 25?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    My number 1. Has been for a long time and likely will be for a long time to come. She's utterly stunning (even in the dodgy cardigans early on!) and I really like the character overall.

Sad to not see her in the top five, but I know competition is pretty strong from here on out.
    I surprised myself having her has high as number 9, given that I don't love Goldeneye, and find that beach scene to be godawful.

But overall Natalya is really lovely and charming and fun. Definitely a high point of that film.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Good finishing position for the lovely Ms. Scorupco. Natalya is engaging and resourceful. She ticks all the boxes, but there are 13th other ladies that rank higher for me, I'm afraid.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 1,469
    Maybe I should watch GoldenEye again to see if I appreciate her performance more--it has been a while. She is resourceful, tech savvy, plucky and smart. But I found her rather irritating. As opposed to someone like Madeleine Swann, I think if Bond took up housekeeping with Natalya, I imagine her nagging him not to drink so many martinis and to put the toilet seat down.

Edited to add that perhaps I should concede that that's simply how the character and script were written, and some of us find faults where others don't or they easily overlook them. I haven't seen Izabella in any other performances. Interesting how some of our opinions can vary so widely. Casting may have something to do with this too.
    I have never thought of her as irritating. Quite the opposite. Natalya is one of the finer Bond girls in my opinion. She's one of the '90s girls, and the best of the bunch, if you ask me. She's got spunk, she's rational and she's smart, on top of being stunningly beautiful and incredibly useful.