Quick Big Mi6 Community Bond girl Ranking Game

Comments

Also, something I've always appreciated about the shot of Honey coming out of the water is the realism of it. Bond WOULDN'T have noticed her rising out of the sea unless he happened to be looking in that direction at the time (this is something Die Another Day screws up royally with the "hero shot" of Halle Berry rising from the ocean). He doesn't realize she's even there until he hears her singing. That being said, it occurred to me this time through Dr. No that Honey doesn't really do anything in the film after that iconic moment, and that was the reason for my #15 placement. I would still argue there's something of a gap between her and my #16 though. I quite like Honey and I'm okay with her getting this placement in our ranking.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 1,469
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I have never even seen the video game, and I was one of the ones calling her irritating. So, not that. At least for me.
    Me neither...I've never seen any Bond video game, having only computer chess and Tetris :> I was another who found Natalya that way, but I respect those of you who appreciate her. Interesting thing playing computer chess, I have yet to see a message on the paper coaster under my glass :D
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I fell QUITE behind here, but if I can go back to Natalya (my #3) for a moment, I think people conflate the VIDEO GAME version of her with the FILM character when they say she's irritating :))

@StirredNotShaken : I also think Natalya is grating, but I don’t play video games— not unless it’s Pac-Man.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    In terms of pure class (not just beauty), Tracy, Domino and Tatiana (my top 3) are unrivaled IMO. In terms of character and acting performance, Rigg is the undisputed queen, while Auger and Bianchi put very solid and memorable performances, considering they were not professional actors.
    I gave a slight edge to Domino over Tatiana because I really like the dynamic she shares with Bond and Largo, making both these relations believable.

I agree with you whole-heartedly. But Eva Green is also up there with the best.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had Honey at #8. I love her character, I just love some of the other girls even more. She's a great Bond girl, especially for Bond's first adventure.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I had Honey at #8. I love her character, I just love some of the other girls even more. She's a great Bond girl, especially for Bond's first adventure.

That she is. Almost made my top ten.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That she is. Almost made my top ten.

Can't fault you there, especially when there are so many great ones to choose from.

@Birdleson, love seeing her as your #1. Beyond the obvious choices, what else puts her at the top for you?
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,018
    Honey is indeed iconic (hence why I put her at #6) but truth be told, she doesn’t contribute to the plot in any way. Take her out of the picture, Bond would enjoy a nice tête à tête dinner with Dr. No and business continues as usual.
    All other leading ladies of the Connery era at least serve some function in the plot, even if very minor (like Kissy).
    Another reason why Domino, Tatiana (and to a lesser degree, Pussy) deserve IMO a higher spot is because they actually help save the day.
    Hard to tell if Klebb would have managed to kick Bond but there is no doubt Domino saved Bond’s life, not once but twice - that alone cements her as my 2nd favorite Bond girl.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Honey is No. 5 for me. Because she's not integral to the plot, that is why like her. Honey is just a beautiful girl, caught up in the hurricane that is Bond's world.
    Honey is much better in the book. In fact, most of them are. I can think of just a couple of exceptions.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Continuing our journey with our number 4:

CLAUDINE AUGER
    as Domino Derval
    in THUNDERBALL

28966__17113.1519227236.500.500.jpg

Domino '65 has always been a fan favourite and claims a well-deserved 4th place, with one gold medal, one bronze medal, five 4th places and three 5th places.

That's ten top 5's for those who are keeping count. On top of that she secured seven more top 10's.

Her lowest rating was a single 21st place. No bottom 5's were noted.

Domino Derval collected 179 points in total, edging out Honey with one point.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Congrats to Domino. What a girl! As a kid, I had a big crush on her. Oh wait, I still do. ;-)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yup, my #4 too. A stunner.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Claudine Auger’s “Domino” has really risen in my rankings over the past few years. I also had her at number 4.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Domino is my #5, I enjoy every scene with her. She has a good story, is deeply involved in the plot and is stunningly gorgeous. On another day, she could even be my #1. The top 5 are almost too close to call.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Claudine Auger’s “Domino” has really risen in my rankings over the past few years. I also had her at number 4.

Many of us have had her...

...at some number. ;-)
    Domino reached #6 for me, a fantastic addition, extremely beautiful and exotic, always a pleasure to watch on screen.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 6,786
    Big Domino fan here too. As a giallo fan, I've had the pleasure to see more of her in other films as well.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Dwayne wrote: »

Many of us have had her...

...at some number. ;-)

Funny, Funny.. 😊

Perhaps I should have added, that my ranking of “Domino” (number 4) matched the combined ranking by members of this board.

When all is said and done, it will be interesting to correlate our film rankings with those of the main “Bond Girl.” Ms. Auger definitely falls into the “Bond Girl > Bond Film” category for me, and that wasn’t always the case.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I had Domino at number 7. But am more than happy to see she reached 4th place.
    A very beautiful girl, and her place in the story is a good one. Trapped between the villain and Bond. Well played by Claudine Auger.
    Benny wrote: »
    I had Domino at number 7. But am more than happy to see she reached 4th place.
    A very beautiful girl, and her place in the story is a good one. Trapped between the villain and Bond. Well played by Claudine Auger.

Same here. And same-same,same and once again same.
  • Slazenger7Slazenger7 Gothenburg, Sweden
    Domino is #1 for me. She’s just lovely. I’m glad she ended up this high.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Domino never makes a huge impression on me, but I'm glad I'm in a minority because variety is the spice of life and all that! I find her a little bland, although I can't fault her taste in swimwear.
    Meanwhile another Euro beauty has stepped up to claim the bronze medal for Italy:

DANIELA BIANCHI
    as Tatiana Romanova
    in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

German-lobby-card-From-Russia-With-Love.jpg

Now this is a peculiar one, since Tania actually never took top spot on any list. That gives her the distinction of the highest finish without a win, naturally.

It's all the more impressive then that she ended up this high based solely on four silver medals and four bronze medals. Eight medals is good going for sure though.

Additionally she secured three 5th spots and seven more top 10's. No bottom 5's for Tania, whose lowest finish was 19th on one occasion.

Tatiana Romanova tallied up 184 points.
    Very interesting! So CR and OHMSS take the lead again. Not that this is a referendum on the films themselves, of course. Incidentally, Tania is all charm like a true Hitchcock blonde. This spot is well deserved.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I have Tatiana in number 2 spot, but to take the bronze is a great achievement.
    Tania is one of my favorites obviously. I think Bianchi and Connery have great chemistry, similar to that of Connery and Andress. Though Tania has a much larger part in the story, and I feel plays the part of the double crossed consular girl doing it for mother Russia, but who actually falls for Bond with understated effectiveness. Surely one of the many reasons that FRWL is often regarded as one of the series best. Thanks in no small part because of the acting of Daniela Bianchi.
    I usually rate and appreciate FRWL in a lesser fashion than everyone else does, unfortuntaely; she hit 14th for me. Not to take away from anything she offers to the film, she just doesn't always stand out to me as one of the best, despite how iconic she still clearly is.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Benny wrote: »
    I have Tatiana in number 2 spot, but to take the bronze is a great achievement.
    Tania is one of my favorites obviously. I think Bianchi and Connery have great chemistry, similar to that of Connery and Andress. Though Tania has a much larger part in the story, and I feel plays the part of the double crossed consular girl doing it for mother Russia, but who actually falls for Bond with understated effectiveness. Surely one of the many reasons that FRWL is often regarded as one of the series best. Thanks in no small part because of the acting of Daniela Bianchi.

Indeed dear @Benny! Tania is a treasure. She took third spot for me, too.
    I personally have Domino at #3, Honey at #4, and Tatiana at #5, but am perfectly fine with this outcome. Looking forward to the big reveal of #1 and #2... OHMSS seems to win everything these days, so I'd bet on the countess taking the cake here (although I'm rooting for the Treasury agent).
    Theresa is no 1 for me.