Quick Big Mi6 Community Bond girl Ranking Game

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Quick recap of the score:

13. Kara Milový (142)
    14. Anya Amasova (132) - biggest jump in scores yet, it is getting interesting.
    15. Wai Lin (118)
    16. Kissy Suzuki (118)
    17. Madeleine Swann (115)
    18. Sévérine (114)
    19. Holly Goodhead (106)
    20. Stacey Sutton (96)
    21. Christmas Jones (95)
    22. Tiffany Case (95)
    23. Domino Petachi (82)
    24. Mary Goodnight (76)
    25. Jinx (66)
    26. Vesper Lynd '67 (61)

Suspicious absence of Pam and Pussy, I did not know that both had so many fans.

Pussy makes sense to me. She's iconic. Pam is, indeed, a surprise.

Pussy is iconic, yes. But Pam is much much better in my opinion. They are separated by around 20 places in my ranking...
    What I dont't understand: Where is Melina “ice cold and not acting“ Havelock???

Sneaking up on you with her crossbow... 😉
  • What I dont't understand: Where is Melina “ice cold and not acting“ Havelock???

*insert gif of Melina shrugging while driving here*
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    What I dont't understand: Where is Melina “ice cold and not acting“ Havelock???

*insert gif of Melina shrugging while driving here*

Yes, that's exactly the worst moment with her.

About Kara: She isn't bad at all but I would like her more with a better hair cut. She looked much better at other occasions. Wasn't she the “moderator“ of a documentary about the bondgirls in the 90s? She was much more attractive there and very likeable.
    I'm a big fan of the love scene between Kara and Bond where she calls him a “horses arse“. I don't know why but this scene works perfectly for me. Funny and romantic...
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Let's not forget she was meant to be a citizen of communist Czechoslovakia. Frivolities were probably frowned upon. I thought her haircut was rather appropriate for the character.
    Fair point @GoldenGun.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Let's not forget she was meant to be a citizen of communist Czechoslovakia. Frivolities were probably frowned upon. I thought her haircut was rather appropriate for the character.

Completely agree. I like that she’s a pretty much regular person, who gets caught up in Bonds world.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I had Kara Milovy ranked number 5.

I’ve always had TLD in my top ten, and the chemistry between Maryam d’Abo’s “Kara” and Dalton is among the chief reasons why. And given the popularity of TLD here, I’m a bit surprised that she didn’t rank higher – especially given her continued association with the series.
    95181021d38b28d822fca4a542b8ccdb.jpg

As the CEO of the Maryam d’Abo fan club my biases are well known, but for those of you that didn’t rank her higher: "Back End of Horse”! =))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Quick recap of the score:

13. Kara Milový (142)
    14. Anya Amasova (132) - biggest jump in scores yet, it is getting interesting.
    15. Wai Lin (118)
    16. Kissy Suzuki (118)
    17. Madeleine Swann (115)
    18. Sévérine (114)
    19. Holly Goodhead (106)
    20. Stacey Sutton (96)
    21. Christmas Jones (95)
    22. Tiffany Case (95)
    23. Domino Petachi (82)
    24. Mary Goodnight (76)
    25. Jinx (66)
    26. Vesper Lynd '67 (61)

Suspicious absence of Pam and Pussy, I did not know that both had so many fans.

Pussy makes sense to me. She's iconic. Pam is, indeed, a surprise.

Pussy is iconic, yes. But Pam is much much better in my opinion. They are separated by around 20 places in my ranking...
    What I don't understand: Where is Melina “ice cold and not acting“ Havelock???

No. 5 on my list.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,426
    aww Anya is my favourite Bond girl, but she does seem to be a Marmite character from the votes. I won't say anymore in her defence as my restraining order against @ProfJoeButcher hasn't come through yet :))

I'm thinking Melina will be next, she's 18th on my list, but she's been robbed of one place as I now realise I didn't move Tatiana into the correct place before submitting :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Kara is another solid Top Ten for me. Great character, good actress. Kara's naivety counterpoints well with Bond's cynicism, and there is a sweet romantic bent to their dynamic.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I like Kara, very down to earth character. If you freeze the first frame the moment she realizes Bond's about to drive into the ice lake shed, she shows a very cartoonish look of shock on her face. Very funny.
    Moving onwards, well into the upper-half, with our number 12:

OLGA KURYLENKO
    as Camille Montes
    in QUANTUM OF SOLACE

IMG_3030.jpg

Ukraine's finest has quite a fan base, with one gold medal, two silver medals in addition of two more top 5's and another seven top 10's. With six more upper-half finishes she's certainly a well-liked character.

At the other end of the spectrum she only finished outside the top 20 on three occasions. One 24th place was her worst showing.

Camille Montes received 153 points in total.

edited May 2021 Posts: 23,544
    Hm... interesting. Camille managed to grow on my, but she remains fairly "empty" in my book. What does she do in the film, other than order Bond to "get in" and not exact her revenge on Medrano? She feels like a character that is paired with Bond so we wouldn't spend the entire film with Bond alone. But there's little going on between them. I accept why; so close to Vesper, Bond isn't ready for another romantic commitment. Yet, compared to Kara or even Madeline, I find her less interesting. She's incredibly good-looking, though.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Happy to see Camille place this high. I had her one notch below.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    She is an interesting character, driven by the same motivation as Melina Havelock and Tilly Masterson: Revenge for a lost family member. I have her at #10, far more interesting than Melina Havelock.
  • ProfJoeButcherProfJoeButcher Bless your heart
    I gave her the gold.

She's strong, well-written, well-acted, and obviously beautiful. Watching her go through a similar emotional mission as Bond, and watching them sort of learn from each other a bit is great. It's never really happened in a Bond film before. And their conversation in the plane is my favorite interaction between Bond and a Bond girl. To go from Honey Ryder, a lovely character who unfortunately does nothing whatsoever that's relevant to the plot, to a character like this who is relevant to the action and themes is a wonderful improvement.

Glad to see she got a couple silvers too!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited May 2021 Posts: 14,875
    I have her at 17, so she did 5 places better than I would hope. I have Madeleine Swann as my number 12.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 13,929
    Camille would be somewhere in my top 10. I tend to rate the competent ones a bit higher. I wonder if Bond gave Camille back her driver's licence, and whether he slipped it back into her purse undetected.
    I gave her the gold.

She's strong, well-written, well-acted, and obviously beautiful. Watching her go through a similar emotional mission as Bond, and watching them sort of learn from each other a bit is great. It's never really happened in a Bond film before. And their conversation in the plane is my favorite interaction between Bond and a Bond girl. To go from Honey Ryder, a lovely character who unfortunately does nothing whatsoever that's relevant to the plot, to a character like this who is relevant to the action and themes is a wonderful improvement.

Glad to see she got a couple silvers too!

One of them came from me.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    My 20 and 24 are still out there.

So are my 23 and 24.
  • Sorry to see Camille not make the top 10. She is in my opinion one of the better drawn and performed Bond girls.
    Yes, I also hoped to see Camille in the top 10.
    Consider myself a fan of her's as well. Drop-dead gorgeous, but also well-writte' and very likeable. You can't ask for more.
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 1,469
    I had her three points lower, but I've been much further off with some others girls compared to the group ranking. If we do this again with Bond girls in the future, we could add categories like acting, attractiveness, relevance or contribution to story, teamwork with Bond. You may think of others...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Camille hits #4 for me. She's one of the more unique Bond girls - I love how the relationship she shares with Bond isn't predicated on sexual attraction, but rather their shared desire for separate revenge - she's beautiful and brings a lot to the film. I love her character, definitely my favorite Bond girl of the Craig era.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Camille hits #4 for me. She's one of the more unique Bond girls - I love how the relationship she shares with Bond isn't predicated on sexual attraction, but rather their shared desire for separate revenge - she's beautiful and brings a lot to the film. I love her character, definitely my favorite Bond girl of the Craig era.

Everything you just said. I had her at #5.
    Only one to go and we head into our top 10. But let's have a look at our number 11 first:

HONOR BLACKMAN
    as Pussy Galore
    in GOLDFINGER

goldfinger-original-lobby-card-n05-9x12-in-1964-guy-hamilton-sean-connery.jpg

Only one bottom 5 for Pussy, a 22nd place. Additionally only one other member ranked her outside the top 20. That's one 21st and one 22nd place as her lowest finishes.

Unsurprisingly, much more to be noted in the upper regions: one gold medal, one bronze medal, one 4th and one 5th place were awarded to her.

Eleven more top 10's were achieved by Pussy, with no less than five members ranking her 10th.

In total Pussy Galore collected 160 points.

I had her at #7. She's always that truly iconic girl in my mind.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very surprising, she's one of the most iconic girls in the series. I had her at #7.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I am very surprised by this one!