NTTD & Corona

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The current version of NTTD was still delayed from February to April. Was there an explanation given for that delay?

Fukunaga said that the original February date would have forced him rush the film during post-production so it would have impacted the quality of the film.

But it's also a good thing it was delayed from its Feb release, because that's when COVID started to hit and would have harmed NTTD at the box office considerably.
  • Fukunaga said that the original February date would have forced him rush the film during post-production so it would have impacted the quality of the film.
    Ok, that's fair enough. I didn't know that, thanks.

I still NTTD should have come out when Tenet did though. At this rate, the film could be endlessly pushed back 'just to be on the safe side' and years go by before we are allowed to see it.
    Fukunaga said that the original February date would have forced him rush the film during post-production so it would have impacted the quality of the film.

I still NTTD should have come out when Tenet did though. At this rate, the film could be endlessly pushed back 'just to be on the safe side' and years go by before we are allowed to see it.

MGM couldn’t have taken that risk. WB can afford to lose money on TENET, but not MGM.

MGM couldn’t have taken that risk. WB can afford to lose money on TENET, but not MGM.

I think its fait to say that NTTD would have done considerably better than Tenet did if it had released in late august.Tenet made 350 million which actually isnt bad considering the pandemic and the fact that its an original film which isnt based on a comic, or any other known IP.

Even if NTTD sucks,it would have still done better given that its a beloved franchise.
    AstonLotus wrote: »

I think its fait to say that NTTD would have done considerably better than Tenet did if it had released in late august.Tenet made 350 million which actually isnt bad considering the pandemic and the fact that its an original film which isnt based on a comic, or any other known IP.

Even if NTTD sucks,it would have still done better given that its a beloved franchise.

Then why would WB push WONDER WOMAN? It’s a pretty popular IP too.

I think these studios have a better idea of how well these films would have performed than us fanboys.
    AstonLotus wrote: »

Then why would WB push WONDER WOMAN? It’s a pretty popular IP too.

I think these studios have a better idea of how well these films would have performed than us fanboys.

Because Tenet underperforming made them think twice about releasing WW84 soon after.Im convinced WW84 would also have done a lot better than Tenet had it been released first for the same reasons as Bond,popular franchise.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The vaccine appears to be coming in 2Q or 3Q 2021. Eon would be smart to push to the fall now.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 3,164
    echo wrote: »
    The vaccine appears to be coming in 2Q or 3Q 2021. Eon would be smart to push to the fall now.

it's "coming" next month.

The question is how quickly and widely its rolled out to populations and 2. what's the level of rollout that will lead to a 'normal' reopening. By summer, the older population in the U.S and UK will have the jab by this rate. Younger folks in the autumn.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    echo wrote: »

As much as it pains me to say, that is absolutely the decision they should make.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/fauci-modernas-outstanding-vaccine-results-131700684.html

It looks like Dr. Fauci is also impressed with Moderna's vaccine. Seems vaccines are closer than ever now.

The problem is: it will take at least a year from now until almost everyone on this planet who wants the vaccine gets it.
    There will be no "old normal" until 2022.
    If things go as well as expected and planned, they will begin distributing the vaccine here in my country by January. It will take a couple of months before everyone gets it. The news alone about the release of a vaccine, will most likely lift most restrictions. So yes... here it will feel as back to normal, unless you are one of the unlucky ones who got fired because of lockdowns.
  • Clearly a vaccine is coming but will it/they have been manufactured and distributed in sufficient numbers to make a significant difference by April? My guess is that April is a little early. Eon don't like Summer releases since License to Kill disappointed in 1989. My guess is Christmas 2021.
  • Clearly a vaccine is coming but will it/they have been manufactured and distributed in sufficient numbers to make a significant difference by April? My guess is that April is a little early. Eon don't like Summer releases since License to Kill disappointed in 1989. My guess is Christmas 2021.

Starting to wish that the original delay was to Christmas 2021, at least then we wouldn't keep having our hopes raised to be dashed at each delay.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    To follow MI7' s Nov 21 release? Not going to happen
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited November 2020 Posts: 5,921
    October 2021 might be good, before the weather gets cold again.

April 2021 is an unrealistic date. Biden starts working in mid-January 2021. That's not enough time to get the vaccine widely manufactured and distributed--just 2.5 months.
    It would be cool to bring Bond back to October. DN is the only Bond film to have been released on that month.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It would be cool to bring Bond back to October. DN is the only Bond film to have been released on that month.

If you don t count FRWL, QOS, SF and SP.

If you don t count FRWL, QOS, SF and SP.

Oh right, you Limeys got it earlier than us. Us Yanks always had to wait two weeks after!
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 2,436

Quantum of Solace, Skyfall and Spectre were all released in October.

Not in the States dammit!
    I am not getting emotionally invested in the April date. Despite news of a vaccine, cases in my area have tripled since the first of the month. A lot can happen before April.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

The 2 week delay for the USA is very cruel.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    JET007 wrote: »
    I am not getting emotionally invested in the April date. Despite news of a vaccine, cases in my area have tripled since the first of the month. A lot can happen before April.

Smart money agrees with you.

MakeshiftPython wrote about DN being the last movie to be released in October.
    That was not about the US release date, as DN was not released in October in the US.
    So the answers were not about the US, but about the world premiere.

They often get stuff before us in the UK so i have no sympathy.

Also,those of you in the U.S who have HBO MAX get to watch Wonder Woman 1984 on CHRISTMAS DAY in the comfort of your own homes!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Can someone tell me what's the reason behind this? Why 2 week late in US? Even here in India we get it within a week. I watched SF & SP both within a week in theatres.
  • It would be cool to bring Bond back to October. DN is the only Bond film to have been released on that month.

Well Dr. No wasn't released in October in the States ...

Well Dr. No wasn't released in October in the States ...

Yes, and neither were QOS, SF, and SP.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Well, folks. I have it. Tested positive today! Feeling OK. Just headaches, sore throat, general fatigue...kinda like Bond felt after being poisoned by LeChiffre. But in all seriousness, I am thankful my symptoms are mild. Be well out there.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Drink lots of water and react quickly to temperature/fever and all best, @TripAces. If you're blood type O Positive that's a plus.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Well, folks. I have it. Tested positive today! Feeling OK. Just headaches, sore throat, general fatigue...kinda like Bond felt after being poisoned by LeChiffre. But in all seriousness, I am thankful my symptoms are mild. Be well out there.
    I wish you a speedy recovery. My daughter had it and is now fine and my wife and I have been fortunate so far.