Going away or coming back?

Comments

• FoxRox wrote: »
    The newest delay of NTTD has completely taken any wind out of my sails that was left. It’s hard to feel any hype or enthusiasm so I’m just going to leave rather than spread negativity. Power to those who somehow manage to stay positive.

See you later @FoxRox. Probably best to check out too. Not much to see here for awhile.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well I hope we'll see you both return in good time @FoxRox and @ShakenNotStirred .
    You will be missed. :-bd :!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Benny wrote: »
    Well I hope we'll see you both return in good time @FoxRox and @ShakenNotStirred .
    You will be missed. :-bd :!!

I second that emotion.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Don't go away, guys. We've got a lot of things planned for the future. First of all, @Thunderfinger's photoshoot, which has been called both shocking and exciting by the photographer. ;)
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Don't go away, guys. We've got a lot of things planned for the future. First of all, @Thunderfinger's photoshoot, which has been called both shocking and exciting by the photographer. ;)

:-bd
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Thunderfinger's photoshoot, which has been called both shocking and exciting by the photographer. ;)
    That's because he knows what Thunderfinger can do with his little, er...thunder?

Agreed - don't go, fellas. There's always something to talk about. I'm super pissed off too, but thinking positive (and rather selfishly), at least the delay will give me time to finish all the NTTD prop projects I have going, so I can show them here to the 1% who GAF. :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    @FoxRox, I think of you as a cheerful soul around here, so if you're feeling negative I can see how hard you've been hit. Hope you'll be back soon!

Whatever turns you on. :-?
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming

:D

It's not about what turns you on. It's about what's FAIR!

1446879837718.gif
    Fair bare derrière. ;;)
    I regret the fact that members feel like parting from this forum simply because the NTTD release has once again been delayed. It's as if the entire world of Bond and everything that we love about it is suddenly reduced to the mere release of the new film. Also, surely this community has much more to offer than merely some excitement about another Bond film? Even if SP were the last Bond film to have been released -- ever -- I'd still hand around this wonderful place with people I'm proud to call my friends.
    Well said, Dimi. I'm not sure how you regret something that wasn't your decision, but I feel the same way about members here: why they throw in the towel too easily, as if they're looking for an excuse to leave. Maybe take it on the chin, and move on?

As someone who lives in an area where the cinemas are open and everyone is going about their normal daily lives, this delay news has hit me hard, but after a good night's sleep, I'm ready to extend the journey to April.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    QBranch wrote: »
    Well said, Dimi. I'm not sure how you regret something that wasn't your decision, but I feel the same way about members here: why they throw in the towel too easily, as if they're looking for an excuse to leave. Maybe take it on the chin, and move on?

As someone who lives in an area where the cinemas are open and everyone is going about their normal daily lives, this delay news has hit me hard, but after a good night's sleep, I'm ready to extend the journey to April.

Especially now, when a new film is only months away. There's plenty other to discuss in the meantime.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have not let myself have any expectations with NTTD, I will simply watch it when I can. Regarding the site NTTD is often the furthest thing from my mind though I intentionally stay away from the NTTD threads most of the time, so I don't get drawn into hype or on the other side of the coin I don't get drawn into disappointment.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited October 2020 Posts: 7,314
    This has been a tough year for everyone in a lot of different ways. I took a three month hiatus earlier due to something extremely personal. We don't always know what people are going through. Hopefully, these members will return when they are ready.

Being able to see NTTD in November was perhaps a lone bright spot in a very dark year for some. We are all extremely disappointed, but yet we understand why it had to be done. I just hate to see some members being criticized for sharing their disappointment. And I'm not referring to those who have gone overboard by attacking Barbara and co. We can be disappointed by the delay and concerned about the virus at the same time.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 6,682
    I have not let myself have any expectations with NTTD, I will simply watch it when I can. Regarding the site NTTD is often the furthest thing from my mind though I intentionally stay away from the NTTD threads most of the time, so I don't get drawn into hype or on the other side of the coin I don't get drawn into disappointment.
    Same here. I've been deliberately detached from the film from even before production started, having invested very little thought on it, so I find myself taking this news surprisingly well. It's bad to have to wait longer, but on the other hand, I doubt theaters would have been open here by December (or safe to attend), so with the delay, the chances of actually being able to watch the film in theaters when it starts rolling out, and in a safe manner, increase for me. I prefer the big screen to a TV at home (this time, anyway). Of course, the longer the wait, the less exquisite I become about the viewing circumstances, but so far I feel I haven't reached a critical point in that matter.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Same here. I've been deliberately detached from the film from even before production started, having invested very little thought on it, so I find myself taking this news surprisingly well. It's bad to have to wait longer, but on the other hand, I doubt theaters would have been open here by December (or safe to attend), so with the delay, the chances of actually being able to watch the film in theaters when it starts rolling out, and in a safe manner, increase for me. I prefer the big screen to a TV at home (this time, anyway). Of course, the longer the wait, the less exquisite I become about the viewing circumstances, but so far I feel I haven't reached a critical point in that matter.

Also having had to wait 6 years for GE prepared many of us for long waits between films.
    And a very good thing came from those 6 years of patience. ;-)
    Sad that Bond 25 has been delayed? Find your hopes and expectations have been dashed again? Suffering from 007-related anxiety and depression? Then call the BUTTERFIELD BOND 25 THERAPEH AGENCEH!

Here at the agenceh, we* provide the psychological treatment you need to get over the deleh of 007 25!

-Hello, Bond 25 Therapeh Agenceh.
    -Bond 25 has been delayed again... for five months!
    -Don't worry, just follow this watch with your eyes. You are beginning to feel verah tiredah.
    -Uh, this is a phone call. I can't see the watch.

Alright, I forgot you can't see me. BUT WAIT! I've bought a computer to get a Soom account and conduct therapeh sessions on the line! I promise I'll plug it into the internet within the following week!**

-I want to see Daniel Craig's fifth Bond film!
    -Hey, I onderstand how you feel, we all want to see it. But No Time to Fall is just 183 days away. That's 4392 hours. Or 263520 minutes. Or 15811200 seconds! Oh, look at the time. It's now 15811198 seconds, how time flies! Stay on the line, we'll count together until zero... or until zero-zero seven. Whatever you prefer. It's your choice!

And if you call within the next 25 minutes, you'll get a free Bond 25-themed alarm clock to count the days until the film comes out***.

To contact the Bond 25 Therapeh Agenceh, call this number:
    www.butterfieldBOND25.com

After each therapeh session, please transfer 40 pounds to this account number:
    www.butterfieldBOND25.com

CALL NOW!

1156129_Brian_Butterfield.jpg

*Current staff of 1.

**The date may vary a few months. I'm a little late on my internet payments.

***I tried pasting a zero-zero seven sticker on the clock but it keeps falling off. If you find it is missing from your clock, call the agenceh and we'll send you another sticker, along with detailed instructions.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    After each therapeh session, please transfer 40 pounds to this account number:
    Transfer 40 pounds? I WISH!!!

whisper-live-and-let-die-1555451158.jpg
    Giggles.
  • I have to admit: after a few days to cool off and absorb the delay, I feel content again. Haha it is hard to stay away from this great place!
    Also, after reading that Jurassic World: Dominion and The Batman are now set for 2022...April next year doesn't sound so bad.

I enjoy reading many of you fine peoples comments & opinions here, I know I don't post my own so much. But I'll stick around!
    I have to admit: after a few days to cool off and absorb the delay, I feel content again. Haha it is hard to stay away from this great place!
    Also, after reading that Jurassic World: Dominion and The Batman are now set for 2022...April next year doesn't sound so bad.

I enjoy reading many of you fine peoples comments & opinions here, I know I don't post my own so much. But I'll stick around!

Welcome back!
    I have to admit: after a few days to cool off and absorb the delay, I feel content again. Haha it is hard to stay away from this great place!

That's the spirit.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

That's the spirit.

NicNac wrote: »
    We’re on to it.
    50442339448_36d2212c50_o.png
    Been less active on the site recently, as been in isolation for the second time think I had a day or two of depression, the test result was negative thankfully. I do struggle having to isolate though flagging up symptoms is so important, it is all about protecting others.
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    The wings flap my arrival! Yes, the day everyone was waiting for...The Dove makes his triumphant return to Mi6! LOL!

Seriously folks, I missed you all. Some more than others. The Bondie thread has been rejuvenated and is back!
    thedove wrote: »
    Some more than others.

Thank you!

And welcome back.