NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2020 Posts: 10,588
    PS: I’m assuming everyone has heard the instrumental version, but if not, here it is (I strongly recommend headphones for this one)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Wish they would refrain from using "official" when it's not.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 13,014
    I think this cover by Feng E on ukulele is phenomenal.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I’m fairly certain the instrumental I posted was obtained from Eilish’s team. It’s identical to the instrumentals in the finished song.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited August 2020 Posts: 8,034
    talos7 wrote: »
    It’s a good but not great song. I’m disappointed that it’s another ballad; In the past they’ve done a better job of alternating ballads with more up tempo songs.
    Craig came in with a roar accompanied by Chris Cornell; I was hoping that he would go out with one.

What is with this Chris Cornell love? YKMN is bad...it's only made better by having Kleinman's inventive visuals. Otherwise, the song has aged hideously. It's a generic, bland bit of Dad rock.

Cornell's voice is so much more powerful when he's singing ballads and not shouting and trying to sound all tough. The weakest part of CR is the anonymous and forgettable title song. It just felt like an afterthought.....I even think Sam Smith's song blew it out of the water.

maxresdefault.jpg

Meanwhile, Billie Eilish's song is close to perfect. It's haunting, atmospheric, emotional and actually impactful. Her vocally performance is so sincere and beautiful. It's both intimate and epic.

I haven't seen it in the context of the film yet (obviously), but pending the title sequence and how Zimmer incorporates it into the score. It could be the best of the Craig era.

PRC_120053813.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C338&ssl=1

Nope.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I’m fairly certain the instrumental I posted was obtained from Eilish’s team. It’s identical to the instrumentals in the finished song.

I think so too. I've listened to them both quite a bit over the last few months. It sounds pretty official to me.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Anyone knows what this is? Zimmer? Instrumental version of the Billie track mixed with the Bond theme. Apparently I'm also late to this party since it was posted 3 months ago. Either way, it's actually really good.

(also posted in the zimmer-thread)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    WOW, incredible.
    If that’s not Zimmer, it’s a very good impression. In fact it’s actually the kind of style of integration of Eilish’s song that I would expect from him.
    If that’s not Zimmer, it’s a very good impression. In fact it’s actually the kind of style of integration of Eilish’s song that I would expect from him.

It's by a british guy running the channel. Several filmscore videos
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Really really loved it. You can tell they took this seriously, opposed to Smith. Can't wait to see it with the intro. Well done

It was crap. Took it seriously? You have to be kidding. It's cliche ridden, made up of John Barry's left overs for the umpteenth time!! [/quote

@billieellishsucks ...

Great introduction to the forum... Welcome... kick doors in guns blazing... Going by your username I'm sure there's no axe to grind!! Of course not! Ha-Ha-Ha.............

BTW, I do like the NTTD music, the song, the theme... Guess I'm an idiot...!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Thanks for the flag @peter
    That one had issues. No Time To Troll.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    That username speaks for itself.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Benny wrote: »
    Thanks for the flag @peter
    That one had issues. No Time To Troll.

No problem @Benny.
    A few strange ones the last few weeks, lol!
    If anybody cares,

Billie Eilish will perform this week at the 2020 Democratic Convention

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I'm hoping to get Cardi B at the Republican Convention
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Contraband wrote: »
    If anybody cares,

Billie Eilish will perform this week at the 2020 Democratic Convention
    I'll watch that performance, definitely, when it's available on its own on YouTube.

135px-DNCC-2020-logo.png
    Convention Program
    Performance by Billie Eilish
    Watch the Livestream
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xPKE0koJtc
    August 19, 2020
    9:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Tune in Wednesday, August 19 for a performance by Billie Eilish at the 2020
    Democratic National Convention.
    I'm hoping to get Cardi B at the Republican Convention

Dear Lord, one tone deaf jumping around in front of another tone deaf clown (trump)..

:))
    Republicans are waaaay too uptight and sexless to tolerate Cardi B singing about horny women. That said, I got a big laugh out of idiots like Tucker Carlson and Ben Shapiro showing absolute befuddlement over Cardi B's music. I feel bad for their wives. :))
    Billie Eilish, FINNEAS, & Hans Zimmer interview. Hans pops up at ca 00:37 min

https://watch.grammymuseum.org/spotlight/videos/billie-eilish-finneas-hans-zimmer
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0851MJM89/
    81WBn-GKnbL._SL1500_.jpg

Eilish's song getting a 7" ice-coloured vinyl release - out on James Bond Day, October 5
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

There is also a 7" Vinyl Picture Disc available from her web store.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    I'm a sucker for picture discs so that is a must have for me. New Bond films are always expensive for me - new soundtrack albums, new poster, new behind the scenes book, etc... not that I'm complaining, mind you!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd pull the trigger on it but I've still not heard the song. Been trying to wait to hear it in the film but part of me wants to go ahead and check it out so I can get my hands on this while it's available.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'd pull the trigger on it but I've still not heard the song. Been trying to wait to hear it in the film but part of me wants to go ahead and check it out so I can get my hands on this while it's available.

If it's worth having in your Bond collection whether you end up liking it or not I'd say it's still a safe purchase, and then just don't listen to it until after the film is out.
  • I hope they release the score on vinyl!
  • MonsieurMerciMonsieurMerci France
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Oh! Thank Goodness, I thought I was alone. I've still managed to abstain from the song as well, coz I want to hear it for the very first time with Kleinman's visuals, so it leaves a lasting impression on me.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Fair play to anyone who hasn't listened to the song yet!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Pre-ordered the picture disc! I typically don't collect singles on vinyl but Bond is an exception.