NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

• M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    Ryan wrote: »
    I find it both amusing and pathetic. It seems to be mostly middle aged men who seem to have nothing better to do than attempt to cyberbully an 18 year old just because they don't like her song.

For real. Big artists will always be a lightning rod for criticism.

To be this successful, with a sound different than most other artists, she must've tapped into something that many young people were feeling.

People will condemn artists just because they don't want to be associated with the demographic of their fanbase. At that point, it's not about music anymore. People are just projecting their own ego onto it.

"Eilish is for 16 year old girls. I'm more cultured than that! These kids don't watch Bond!". Get off your high horse, boomer.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Which is ironic, considering how adults in the 1960s used to dismiss popular bands like The Beatles because they had such a huge teenage girl fanbase. Heck, Connery Bond was pretty dismissive too!

"These darn kids and their juvenile rock and roll noise!"
  • HonestyBestPolicyHonestyBestPolicy Classified
    Myself and my family don't like Billie Daglish because some of the darker themes in her music but I'll have to give it a try when NTTD releases. "It's like Listening to Billy Eilesh without earmuffs!"
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Myself and my family don't like Billie Daglish because some of the darker themes in her music but I'll have to give it a try when NTTD releases. "It's like Listening to Billy Eilesh without earmuffs!"

Welcome!
  • Myself and my family don't like Billie Daglish because some of the darker themes in her music but I'll have to give it a try when NTTD releases. "It's like Listening to Billy Eilesh without earmuffs!"

Welcome!

annnd he's gone! :-?

Welcome!

lol I noticed that as well, must have been a multi or something.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Welcome!

He will return.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Welcome!

He will return.

He who must not be named.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    I don't want to offer a final verdict on the song/theme. I heard it once when the original video was released and haven't felt the urge to listen to it again, a fate that it shares with every Bond theme since at least AWTD. And I may be old-fashioned, but neither falsetto singers nor green-haired teenie girls are real inducements for me to listen to their music. Which doesn't mean it is bad, possibly better than a quarter of the others. Never mind.

My real gripe is: Why is this particular Bond theme, after the movie having been postponed more or less indefinitely, so important that it should be glued permanently on top of everything else, as a thread marked "Announcement"? I mean, being benevolent, it's a Bond theme like many others, has been discussed to death on forty pages of postings so far...and yet no one knows when the movie will come out.

In my view, this should be downgraded to a normal discussion thread, and like so many others be allowed to vanish in oblivion (aka summary pages 2 to 100) when nobody feels like commenting any more. There are probably considerably more interesting issues up for discussion on, say, pages 18 or 29 or 77 or whatever of the summary pages that are not promoted the same way, without them being advertised as current highlights on top of everything else. Just saying.
    Just click “Dismiss”.
    Just click “Dismiss”.

I didn t know about this function. Thanks for the tip. Going to use it on a few other threads.
    Just click “Dismiss”.

I didn t know about this function. Thanks for the tip. Going to use it on a few other threads.

I think I’ve dismissed every announcement. Not sure how I first discovered it.
    Just click “Dismiss”.

Hm. I see it only works on the announcement threads.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Well, it really does! Thanks a lot for the hint. Never knew that option existed.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    You seem kind of empowered, @Thunderfinger.

Just click “Dismiss”.

Trust me, there are a few threads I’d “dismiss” if I could. ;)
    Just click “Dismiss”.

Trust me, there are a few threads I’d “dismiss” if I could. ;)

Same here. Several.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    And I may be old-fashioned, but neither falsetto singers nor green-haired teenie girls are real inducements for me to listen to their music.

Imagine judging someone's talent by the way they colour their hair

What is it with grown men dissing artists that were initially known for having a massive teenage fan base? Even Bond himself stooped as low dissing The Beatles.
    Walecs wrote: »
    And I may be old-fashioned, but neither falsetto singers nor green-haired teenie girls are real inducements for me to listen to their music.

Yep. Eilish also has photo-synesthesia, which I think helps keep her in perfect tune; her singing is astounding. Better than Adele, who I also love, who I think goes flat a little sometimes.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 3,333
    At this point, I'm more curious to listen to Hans Zimmer's score and how he weaves Eilish's song throughout, plus the addition of Johnny Marr on the soundtrack. As for the song, it's already been and gone. Too bad.
    Walecs wrote: »

Yep. Eilish also has photo-synesthesia, which I think helps keep her in perfect tune; her singing is astounding. Better than Adele, who I also love, who I think goes flat a little sometimes.

I’m so glad Someone else has noticed this. Adele has a fantastic phrasing and timbre to her voice but she very clearly edges flat quite often.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    bondsum wrote: »
    At this point, I'm more curious to listen to Hans Zimmer's score and how he weaves Eilish's song throughout, plus the addition of Johnny Marr on the soundtrack. As for the song, it's already been and gone. Too bad.
    It seems like a nice song for Eilish fans with zero cultural impact. I’m sure EON will pick up the tempo for the next title track, one movie too late.
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    It seems like a nice song for Eilish fans with zero cultural impact. I’m sure EON will pick up the tempo for the next title track, one movie too late.

Eilish is making a lot of $. It's a great song, and I'm sure Eon were also thinking of $ when they got her to do it.
    Eilish is making a lot of $. It's a great song, and I'm sure Eon were also thinking of $ when they got her to do it.

It's a good song, with mediocre production. Eon were thinking Adele, but that didn't repeat here. It's hard to exactly compare because the movie didn't coincide with song to feed into each other. But the song isn't radio.

It's a good song, with mediocre production. Eon were thinking Adele, but that didn't repeat here. It's hard to exactly compare because the movie didn't coincide with song to feed into each other. But the song isn't radio.

This song is radio.

This song is radio.

Not in the US. and that’s where the money is
    It's a pretty somber song for US radio, which is typically heavy on pop music that's more upbeat and dance heavy. So it's not surprising her Bond song wouldn't play as well as something like "Bad Guy".

This song is radio.

Not in the US. and that’s where the money is

Depends where you turn the dial.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,247
    It's no important news, but I still haven't listened to Billie Eilish's song....still saving it for Kleinman's Visuals, so I love the song from my first listen of it, as the Visuals would definitely leave a lasting impression on the song.

This has really been an endurance test for me...no easy feat.

So it's looking like when NTTD gets released, the song also gets released for me....Lord, give me strength....Goodluck to me :))