NO TIME TO DIE (2020) by Billie Eilish - Theme Song Discussion

Comments

• George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    Presuming the Matera scenes are going to be the PTS, with Madeleine leaving Bond unsure if he can trust her, in that context the song is a perfect fit, unlike AWTD which had no relevance to anything, although I quite like the instrumentals on that one.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I really like the song :) Much better than WOTW imo...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I like the song and I’m sure it will fit the ending of the PTS perfectly.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I disagree that if the song is about sadness it has to be so boring. As an example I feel like you could modify Tomorrow never dies and make a song about sadness, but also with Exciting music
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I disagree that if the song is about sadness it has to be so boring. As an example I feel like you could modify Tomorrow never dies and make a song about sadness, but also with Exciting music

I don’t see how the approach of the TND song is applicable.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Posting the video again so you don't have to go back and look for it.

• edited October 2020 Posts: 848
    What can I say other than that the clip is as dull as its color palette?

No creativity (it hardly brings more than watching a live singing of the song), an almost black and white clip (they thought they were in 1954 or what? Not even see the green hair of thesinger who gives her an original dimension). At least the few unpublished images are pleasant ... I also appreciate the presence of official transcription of the lyrics (since you know how their absence in the past songs is problematic ).
    For those wondering - Kleinman directed the music video according to Variety. https://variety.com/2020/music/news/billie-eilish-for-no-time-to-die-music-video-watch-1234788967/
    antovolk wrote: »
    For those wondering - Kleinman directed the music video according to Variety. https://variety.com/2020/music/news/billie-eilish-for-no-time-to-die-music-video-watch-1234788967/

“What a hack!”
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    That filter is really horrible.
    Wouldn't it be amusing if that filter was actually on the final print of the film itself? Payback for 5 years of griping about the yellow SP filter.

Bad joke. I probably jinxed it and that's how the film it actually going to look.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be amusing if that filter was actually on the final print of the film itself? Payback for 5 years of griping about the yellow SP filter.

Bad joke. I probably jinxed it and that's how the film it actually going to look.

:))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Shame about big spoiler of
    Madeline's return at the villian lair.
    :(
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Very minimalist in approach but I feel like it fits the tone of the song. The clips from the film are nice.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Quite like the sad tone of the song.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Shame about big spoiler of
    Madeline's return at the villian lair.
    :(

Agreed. However...

• Dull dull music from an artist that is leading lots of young kids down a dark path. Look at some of the content of her songs. Really inappropriate.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Dull dull music from an artist that is leading lots of young kids down a dark path. Look at some of the content of her songs. Really inappropriate.

Not so much. Her songs have saved many lives. Lot's of young girls can relate to her lyrics about depression, etc. Just look at her fanbase praising her plus expressing gratitude for saving them on diff. levels.

Back to topic..
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 2,598
    Zimmer’s gun barrel music for No Time To Die sounds pretty good. Traditional. Probably fake though. :) Listened to it on QQ music. Well, I’ll find out soon...
    Rodrigo Prieto (Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street, Silence, The Irishman) was the DoP on the music video

https://www.instagram.com/stories/rpstam/2410827888818657453/?hl=en
    Bounine wrote: »
    Zimmer’s gun barrel music for No Time To Die sounds pretty good. Traditional. Probably fake though. :) Listened to it on QQ music. Well, I’ll find out soon...

It’s on you tube too. I’m always a little late to the game. :)
  • I enjoyed the music video. I really enjoyed seeing the new clips (I avoided watching the new trailer).
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Sublime, even though i wasn't much fond of Smith's song, it's music video was shot nicely. Hope they release a behind the scenes of Eilish music video as well.

Link?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Risico007 wrote: »

Link?

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Contraband wrote: »
    Posting the video again so you don't have to go back and look for it.

Well done!

Link?

Link?

Yeah, that’s it. Sorry, I should have posted a link. I also presumed everyone would have already heard it as I’m usually late to the game. As for QQ music, this is a chinese app that I use here in China. Maybe it can be downloaded outside of China. I’m not sure. One can share qq music links through “we chat” - the communication app everyone here uses.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Will the song still be eligible for film awards now that the film has been pushed back?
    It would likely only be eligible for the awards that take place in 2022 due to the release date of the film.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 625
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Will the song still be eligible for film awards now that the film has been pushed back?

I don't think so.
    So no Oscar for Billie Eilish.

The song was released in 2020, so it would only be eligible for the 2020 season. But as the movie does not premiere, it won't - and it won't for the movie awards next season.

But it could get nominated for a Grammy.