NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Red_Snow wrote: »
    Z9tql4Y.jpeg
    "Bond, you have 10 minutes to get off the island, before we blow the base up"

Do we have any ideia of how long the trailer will be?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ana is damn flexible. I'd blow a hip and snap an ankle doing that in heels.

Most of us would probably do that just walking.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Wow! Classic, Stylish and Gargantuan Bondian action. Exactly the sort of action one would expect from a Bond flick. And I never knew fighting could be so sexy, courtesy of de Armas. I'm not sure, but I'm suspecting that to be Zimmer's rendition of the Bond theme.....there's a little BWAARMMMMMM in it and it sounds frenetic with urgency.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Z9tql4Y.jpeg

That’s a likely scenario... Safin’s base will blow up just Blofeld’s castle in YOLT and Bond will suffer the consequences...
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Imagine taking a high heel right to the face. Painful.

But from Ana ;) I will enjoy all her on-screen time, even it likely isn’t much! Still holding out hope she and Bond have a special moment, and that she is a bad guy in disguise.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Z9tql4Y.jpeg

That’s a likely scenario... Safin’s base will blow up just Blofeld’s castle in YOLT and Bond will suffer the consequences...

Do it, do it, do it!!!
    The navy boat launching missiles really resembles the ending of TND :-?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Gerard Butler cameo confirmed.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    This footage looks incredible, loving the composition + palette in this one. Looks like it can rival Skyfall. It's a shame Cary didn't use those extra six months to improve that CGI however.

Sure I'm in the minority - found that brass Bond rendition pretty hokey! Like "my daughter loading up a brass patch on my synth and playing it back to me" hokey... Not a fan - hopefully this is just trailer music and Hans has something better up his sleeve (although I don't revere Zimmer as much as others).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Screengrabs of basically every frame. Long thread

• Satorious wrote: »
    This footage looks incredible, loving the composition + palette in this one. Looks like it can rival Skyfall. It's a shame Cary didn't use those extra six months to improve that CGI however.

Sure I'm in the minority - found that brass Bond rendition pretty hokey! Like "my daughter loading up a brass patch on my synth and playing it back to me" hokey... Not a fan - hopefully this is just trailer music and Hans has something better up his sleeve (although I don't revere Zimmer as much as others).

Agreed. The palette and overall look Fukunaga and Sandgren put together for this is great, but I'm not loving the CGI or the music if that is Zimmer's score.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

Gerard Butler cameo confirmed.

Safin Has Fallen
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It's a shot we've seen already, but I could watch Craig clothesline someone off a bike all day. I love that one.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,665
    I'm always the first person to badmouth bad cgi, but I can't, for the life of me, see what cgi is bad in that clip. It all looks so good. How could it possibly look better?

The cinematography looks top notch. And the urgency of it all better translate into the final product. Can't wait to see the full thing tomorrow. And to think I'll be working +2 hours from the drop time. Damn. Those will be 2 looonnng hours.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I love the slight shake of the frame in the plane shot.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited September 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Yeah, other than the CGI missiles (which are very good CGI missiles!), everything looks pretty great to me.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I love the slight shake of the frame in the plane shot.

Those little imperfections can really sell a shot!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    CGI that I’ve spotted looks fine. If they weren’t satisfied with it then surely they would’ve taken some of this time to improve it?

On the other hand, the color grading in some shots seems to have changed slightly (compare the first shot of Bond emerging from the shadow to the same shot as seen in the first trailer). The Matera scenes have a much cooler look to them now as well.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,382
    Has there been a confirmed time for the trailer tomorrow? Or will it be the standard 6pm in England and 1pm East Coast USA
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Has there been a confirmed time for the trailer tomorrow? Or will it be the standard 6pm in England and 1pm East Coast USA

I'd guess it'll line up with the same release time as yesterday's poster and today's teaser, so most likely, yes. I won't complain if it arrives sooner, however.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Every single shot in that ten second clip looks perfect. I bet Sandgren has knocked it outta the park.
    Mallory wrote: »
    Every single shot in that ten second clip looks perfect. I bet Sandgren has knocked it outta the park.

Yeah, I think right from that first Jamaican BTS, we knew it was going to be a visually impressive Bond film. And what I like about Cary & Linus is that, they seem to understand that first of all, Bond is all about style before even adding the narrative.
    Brilliant!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So that’s 1pm for us in the U.K.?
    Noon, Marketto's source is meaning BST here.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,277
    Yep, thanks @antovolk, sorry for the confusion fellas.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Yep, thanks @antovolk, sorry for the confusion fellas.
    Thanks for all the info @marketto007, you're too good to us haha :D
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,160

Or TSWLM
    The palette and overall look Fukunaga and Sandgren put together for this is great.

Not loving the tealgrade in many scenes. I prefer proper white balance.
    w8bAUbm.jpg

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Hey guys I noticed something and wasn't sure if it had been mentioned before. Look at the shot of Bond running to jump off the bridge in the Oscars tv spot and the Super Bowl tv spot. Oscar tv spot at about 9 seconds and Super Bowl one at about 8 seconds. And pay attention to the background...
    And as for the length of the trailer? Shorter, like the other??