NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is that whispers of Zimmer I hear, perhaps?

Yeah I think that version of the Bond theme from 17 seconds to 45 seconds could be, although it does have the same percussion as the rest of the trailer music so it might not be. Either way, it's only the Bond theme so nothing hugely new.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Octopussy wrote: »
    Do we feel like we've heard anything of Zimmer's score?

Right after the studio logos, I definitely wonder about that. It sounds very old school in a 1962 way. Either it's just for the trailer, or some of Zimmer's work has been spliced in.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That's one hell of a trailer.
    Very VERY cool
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

Right after the studio logos, I definitely wonder about that. It sounds very old school in a 1962 way. Either it's just for the trailer, or some of Zimmer's work has been spliced in.

The opening Bond theme sounds like it could be apart of the films official score and I agree that following the studio logos that sounds very Zimmersque.
    Benny wrote: »
    The trailer score was reminiscent of the TB score. At least too me, it had a slight TB vibe.
    NTTD is looking to be very action heavy.

The Bond theme following the dive off the bridge sounds right out of Thunderball.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    The new shots of Safin's lair are excellent, and it's pretty clear that they took at least a little bit of inspiration from the Garden of Death in YOLT.

100%.

Anyway in the Italian version of the trailer Bond actually says: I met your new
    007 (not just “double 0”).
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I'm speechless :-O
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    I must say I like how the intentionally (or unintentionally) added the classic Bond theme following Craig saying "the past isn't dead" which was a nice touch.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 440
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, the person who Nomi is beating up appears to be Waldo. So we know he survives for at least the first two acts.

nRSMLSm.png

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

The opening Bond theme sounds like it could be apart of the films official score and I agree that following the studio logos that sounds very Zimmersque.
    Benny wrote: »
    The trailer score was reminiscent of the TB score. At least too me, it had a slight TB vibe.
    NTTD is looking to be very action heavy.

The Bond theme following the dive off the bridge sounds right out of Thunderball.

Thank God, I'm not the only one.
    Of course the SP trailer had OHMSS undertones in the score. So it doesn't mean much. But it's a nice little nod.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The smattering of action we have been given already highlights the ineptitude of SP's action sequences.
    Oh, bloody hell, that was good.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    NicNac wrote: »
    The smattering of action we have been given already highlights the ineptitude of SP's action sequences.

Exactly!!!!!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    M driving the Valhalla? At least that's Ralph with the car behind him
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    matt_u wrote: »
    The new shots of Safin's lair are excellent, and it's pretty clear that they took at least a little bit of inspiration from the Garden of Death in YOLT.

100%.

wow!

Link for those wondering
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    It's a good trailer. At last. I've seen way too much of the film now. I won't be watching it again. But I am feeling much more excited now.
  • matt_u wrote: »

100%.

At last, EON's worst kept secret has finally been revealed. People were calling it right from her initial casting back in 2019.

Although, judging by this trailer and the leaked call sheet, they've been able to keep a lot more under wraps than we initially guessed.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

100%.

I can hear the incels crying from afar.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 4,600
    I know there is a focus on visuals but there is some nice dialogue there IMHO - very dry humour from MP.

“I get why you shot him.”

“Yes, well. Everyone tries at least once...”

I think, perhaps, the true definition of a Bond fan is to get super-excited by a new trailer (despite remembering being let down before) . It does look stunning.
  • I can't get over how good the cinematography is. I would even go so far as to say it's better than Skyfall's, and that was shot by Roger Deakins. Possibly the best-looking Bond movie since CR or even TND?
    This trailer had to get so much right. It had to be exciting, enticing, but not give too much away.
    They need to drag people back to the cinema, and this trailer should do the trick...as long as it hasn't been released a little too early.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 440
    patb wrote: »
    I know there is a focus on visuals but there is some nice dialogue there IMHO - very dry humour from MP. I think, perhaps, the true definition of a Bond fan is to get super-excited by a new trailer (despite remembering being let down before) . It does look stunning.

You're right, the dialogue is really solid too. Getting PWB to do rewrites was an excellent choice.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Right: here's a thing to watch. On the bridge at the beginning, is the car coming from Bond's right or his left? And vice versa with the bike. Because they seem to flip positions relative to the higher wall to me...?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    mtm wrote: »
    Right: here's a thing to watch. On the bridge at the beginning, is the car coming from Bond's right or his left? And vice versa with the bike. Because they seem to flip positions relative to the higher wall to me...?
    In the full scene, the car makes a u-turn and goes back the other way.
  • mtm wrote: »

I have a feeling they've left out a number of crucial shots that establish the geography of the location. Most trailers cut more for action than spatial logic.
    jake24 wrote: »

That's how I saw it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,951
    jake24 wrote: »

That makes sense- I was going to ask how come there's another car coming along the bridge from the opposite direction after he jumps as it wouldn't have been able to get past the one that tries to hit him! :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Damn this is really good
    And what about the "Cowboys and Indians" - type of dialogue between Bond and Felix? Very, very cool. Very Fleming. This all looks really like a full blown Bond adventure, as it should be. Loving the dialogue. And it seems Craig and Ana really do play well together.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    antovolk wrote: »

100%.

wow!

Link for those wondering

Wait in the Italian one Madeleine says that Safin’s name is actually Liutifer Safin or something like this.