NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Amid this Stylish and Bombastic action, what the film needs to succeed fully, is relentless pace and consistent suspense.
  • Great trailer....but must admit to being somewhat underwhelmed. It doesn't actually show anything 'new'...just the same stuff from the TV spots and behind-the-scenes reels. Perhaps that's a good thing...there feels like a lot still to unpack.

I will say, I'm rather disappointed by the amount of CGI! It just looked a bit plastic-y to me. Kinda awkward 😬😬😬😬😬😬

But, this trailer really belongs to the interplay between Daniel Craig and Ana Der Amas! Hilarious.....those two have chemistry.

dff30438e776eb4ecaa3117a1df97ab9696d8a14.gifv

Also, Ana De Armas in general....😍😍😍😍😍😍

tumblr_pg6vfes5xN1thej0ko1_400.gif
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 440
    Great trailer....but must admit to being somewhat underwhelmed. It doesn't actually show anything 'new'...just the same stuff from the TV spots and behind-the-scenes reels. Perhaps that's a good thing...there feels like a lot still to unpack.

I will say, I'm rather disappointed by the amount of CGI! It just looked a bit plastic-y to me. Kinda awkward 😬😬😬😬😬😬

The CG should look at least a little bit better in the theatrical print. The trailer is so digitally compressed compared to the final product, that pretty much all the detail in the wider shots has been crushed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The last shot in the forest was incredible :)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Univex wrote: »
    And what about the "Cowboys and Indians" - type of dialogue between Bond and Felix? Very, very cool. Very Fleming. This all looks really like a full blown Bond adventure, as it should be. Loving the dialogue. And it seems Craig and Ana really do play well together.

It reminded me of Mathis dialogue in QoS: "The villains and the heroes get all mixed up."
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Why all this obsession with CGI? Everything's look incredible.
  • matt_u wrote: »

It's not exactly Die Another Day CGI is it?
    matt_u wrote: »

Exactly. I think it looks pretty great and if any of it does seem a bit fake to some people, well, it's a movie. It's all fake.
  • James_StJohnSmytheJames_StJohnSmythe Twitter: @J_StJS /// https://www.instagram.com/james_st_john_smythe/
    Univex wrote: »
    And what about the "Cowboys and Indians" - type of dialogue between Bond and Felix? Very, very cool. Very Fleming. This all looks really like a full blown Bond adventure, as it should be. Loving the dialogue. And it seems Craig and Ana really do play well together.

It reminded me of Mathis dialogue in QoS: "The villains and the heroes get all mixed up."

And they both come from CR - the novel, right after Bond wakes up from the torture. One of the things I really liked about this new trailer was the dialogue. Lovely lines. Well done Phoebe.

It really does look perfect. I'm a PTSDed fan from DUD, and I honestly think this looks miles better than the helicopters and komodo dragons from SF, and those didn't look half bad either.

It all looks marvellous. If my expectations were a bit on the low side, now it will be difficult to tame them until November, they're sky high, through the proverbial roof.
    The building attack looks like another standout scene as well.

oXORojc.png
    24ZxLUF.png
    TKySqaY.png
    DYcGBJG.png
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    WOW =P~ =D> ^:)^

Just P2D playing his usual game. Boring.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,157
    The new shots of Safin's lair are excellent, and it's pretty clear that they took at least a little bit of inspiration from the Garden of Death in YOLT.

100%.

Anyway in the Italian version of the trailer Bond actually says: I met your new
    007 (not just “double 0”).
    Yeah, I noticed that difference too. Also Felix Leiter's voice actor Roberto Draghetti died a couple of months ago, thus I believe the dubbing for the movie had already been done (Draghetti's voice is in the trailer) and what we hear in the trailer are the definitive dialogues.
    Moreover, the Italian dubbing once again confirms that Blofeld says "it'll be the death of you".
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,861
    More attitiude problems. Sigh.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Looks incredible, i can't hear properly what saffin said after : James bond "we both eradicate.... " Eradicate what ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Looks incredible, i can't hear properly what saffin said after : James bond "we both eradicate.... " Eradicate what ?
    "...people."
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Denbigh wrote: »
    "...people."

Ah.. thanks @Denbigh :)
  • This trailer was something else! Looks action-packed, and somehow I don't feel spoiled! Love the Bond theme in this as someone said, getting Thunderball vibes from that sound.
  • For me there was a 10% chance Ana de Armas was going to be a bigger part than what we were led on to believe but now it's at about 20. I don't think they would want to show all of her good parts in the trailer, and the fact that Felix urges Bond to meet her could suggest she could become important to the plot. I would love if she became a femme fatale similar to Fiona and Xenia.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    It looks to me as if that forest sequence could be done in one shot.

The car flip? I doubt Mr Craig is really there.

Actually, watching the car flip again I think maybe, possibly (whisper it) the car might be CG... I might be wrong.

I think you're wrong. Seems like it was done for real. At least it looks like it. Could be wrong.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    For me there was a 10% chance Ana de Armas was going to be a bigger part than what we were led on to believe but now it's at about 20. I don't think they would want to show all of her good parts in the trailer, and the fact that Felix urges Bond to meet her could suggest she could become important to the plot. I would love if she became a femme fatale similar to Fiona and Xenia.
    With the plane/boat sequence seemingly following the party sequence, I'm not sure what will happen to her between the party and then. Will she die? Will she go her seperate ways with Bond? or as you say, will she be a femme-fatale?

I don't know. Although if Ash is going to be a baddie, I can't imagine Paloma also being one.
    Benny wrote: »

Actually, watching the car flip again I think maybe, possibly (whisper it) the car might be CG... I might be wrong.

I think you're wrong. Seems like it was done for real. At least it looks like it. Could be wrong.

It looks real enough. If not: damn good CGI.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I imagine they filmed both separately. The car crashing, and Bond moving and shooting and then they place the images together in post-production.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,861

I dunno... it just moves a bit too perfectly for me, and I think if you were filming that you'd have Craig there and then put the car in after. Not to mention it's a dangerous position to have a camera operator in (although I know that doesn't rule it out).
    It also has a head-on smash with a log and its headlights keep working! And car manufacturers do like their brand new models to look good onscreen...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited September 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Looks to me like Ash is the one firing at Bond from the Land Rover in the forest.

Edit: Damn you @marketto007, I must type faster when you're around!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Yeah, I have a feeling both Paloma and Felix will die. Or just Felix.
    You can also see Bond swimming away from the destruction of the boat alone.
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    edited September 2020 Posts: 254
    Part of me really hopes that NTTD is a fitting send off for Daniel Craig. Judging by what is going down in the trailer - the DB5 and its mini-guns, Rami Malek’s scarred bad guy, and Ana de Armas - I shall reserve judgement for November.
  • Spotted Dr Vogel.
    28vrGNJ.png