NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    NicNac wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Right: here's a thing to watch. On the bridge at the beginning, is the car coming from Bond's right or his left? And vice versa with the bike. Because they seem to flip positions relative to the higher wall to me...?
    In the full scene, the car makes a u-turn and goes back the other way.

That's how I saw it.

I think @Contraband posted BTS video, around the time of the first trailer coming out, that showed them shooting that scene and that was what happened. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I hope the film's length doesn't work against it

If this sort of urgency, very present in the trailer, flows the same way in the final product, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Well that was bloody amazing. :)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Univex wrote: »

If this sort of urgency, very present in the trailer, flows the same way in the final product, it shouldn't be a problem.

@univex... "Urgency" something Sp forgot about and seems this film has brought back, and then some!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    In the Spanish version Bond says "007" too...
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 440
    Nice little bit of business with Paloma keeping Bond's tuxedo in a briefcase.

XnPwugx.png
    utyksUk.png
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nice little callback to QOS with the heroes and villains line :)
  • I can't get over how good the cinematography is. I would even go so far as to say it's better than Skyfall's, and that was shot by Roger Deakins. Possibly the best-looking Bond movie since CR or even TND?

I never thought I would say that but I have to agree. Sandgren has done a phenomenal job and cements himself as one of the best cinematographers out there right now.
  • While I'm sure fighting in high heels must be very impractical, that kick to the face looks brutal.
    aBp4cCe.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ggl007 wrote: »
    In the Spanish version Bond says "007" too...

Cool; what a funny way to sort of half-officially release that.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This looks like it’s going to be such a fun cinematic experience :)
    OMFG, this trailer will make everyone want to go see it! Nolan eat your heart out!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    While I'm sure fighting in high heels must be very impractical, that kick to the face looks brutal.
    aBp4cCe.png

I took a kick from a heel in the thigh once. I couldn't walk after it.

That guy is definitely dead!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018
    jake24 wrote: »
    Right: here's a thing to watch. On the bridge at the beginning, is the car coming from Bond's right or his left? And vice versa with the bike. Because they seem to flip positions relative to the higher wall to me...?
    In the full scene, the car makes a u-turn and goes back the other way.

That's how I saw it.

I think @Contraband posted BTS video, around the time of the first trailer coming out, that showed them shooting that scene and that was what happened. Unless my memory is playing tricks on me.

Correct, I did. Just checked the BTS footage

Bond comes running from right side, from the graves/tombs on the rocky hill. He enters the bridge and when he is halfway through that black car comes from the rocky hill area/right side, and nearly drives over Bond (he's ducking behind that small stone),

The car con't to the left end/side, and turns around. Bond stands still in the middle. Primo/Triumph bike turns up from the rocky hill/right side. Action: Car and Primo closing in on Bond, shooting at him, and he jumps.

• It looks to me as if that forest sequence could be done in one shot.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    It looks to me as if that forest sequence could be done in one shot.

The car flip? I doubt Mr Craig is really there.
  • The car flipping and almost hitting bond was the best part of the trailer for me! Can’t wait to see it.
    Just watched it. Excellent trailer, IMO. NTTD looks to be well worth the wait.
    2020 has redeemed itself.
    peter wrote: »

@univex... "Urgency" something Sp forgot about and seems this film has brought back, and then some!

Exactly, my friend ;)
  • 2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I can't get over how good the cinematography is. I would even go so far as to say it's better than Skyfall's, and that was shot by Roger Deakins. Possibly the best-looking Bond movie since CR or even TND?

I never thought I would say that but I have to agree. Sandgren has done a phenomenal job and cements himself as one of the best cinematographers out there right now.

Crazy right? 100% a step up from Spectre for sure, and I'm one of the people who actually defends Hoyte van Hoytema's work on that movie.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Actually, watching the car flip again I think maybe, possibly (whisper it) the car might be CG... I might be wrong.
    peter wrote: »

For sure. That's why I'm actually excited about the large time jumps and multiple characters, subplots, and locations because it looks like it justifies the massive runtime.

This film looks like an epic in the truest sense of the word.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Did you spot Ash in the trailer? He appears to touch his glasses quickly, pressing a button no doubt.
    I can't get over how good the cinematography is. I would even go so far as to say it's better than Skyfall's, and that was shot by Roger Deakins. Possibly the best-looking Bond movie since CR or even TND?

Crazy right? 100% a step up from Spectre for sure

Thought the same thing when watching the SP trailer, that it was a step up from SF. It wasn't. Let's wait and see.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    So, from the italian trailer a couple things appear:
    Complete name is Lucifer Safin
    Nomi is indeed the new 007
  • mtm wrote: »

I mean a one shot in the same way Spectre is. Something that appears to be one shot but subtle cuts that you don't notice.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Zekidk wrote: »

Thought the same thing when watching the SP trailer, that it was a step up from SF. It wasn't. Let's wait and see.

I won't be deceived by a trailer after Spectre, which I tried my hardest to enjoy in theaters. But this looks absolutely spectacular.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    This film can't come soon enough!
    Zekidk wrote: »

I was talking about the cinematography, not the quality of the film. Of course, I have to wait and see. (I don't say "we" just because I have somewhat idiosyncratic Bond tastes at times.)