NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I heard it as "It'll be the death of Q."
    7d796d6f89e0232cb5f4a0699218f6fb--the-riddler-ben-whishaw.jpg

Really? I still hear "It'll be the death of M."
    615c3655d3a3004e6bb5ae7d7155a8a7_w200.gif

Would that possibly be the ROYAL " 'em ".
    bb6108fcb4bb0a65752e7203e71e492b7bb43698.jpg
  • SNL is in typical and natural form, terribly unfunny.

It's very unsophisticated - it's like watching 1970s British TV.
    Really? I'll ask my grandfather about it.
    SNL is in typical and natural form, terribly unfunny.

Except that what I saw of that was really quite funny, not only Monty Python.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    It was excellent when it started in '75. It felt outlaw and insane, and (hit or miss) often hilarious. After that original crew left and the show became part of the system rather than fighting it (around '81) it has basically sucked (I'll exempt the Eddie Murphy stuff, he was great). Every five years or so I dip my toe back an and am immediately repelled.

How has it survived so long if it isn't funny? I've never seen even one full episode.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    For me it became unfunny once Sandler, Myers, Carvey, Farley left etc. That the last golden age of the show
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,469
    NicNac wrote: »
    How has it survived so long if it isn't funny? I've never seen even one full episode.
    Probably because the formula still works and is fairly unique now in the U.S. (sketch comedy with a host), and advertisers keep lining up for it. But I agree with Birdleson and Last Rat about how it's faded. I also found Will Ferrell really good ("more cowbell")--he was mostly after Farley. Tina Fey was on 2000–2006 but I don't recall good sketches from her even though she went on to bigger things. Kristen Wiig had some good characters. But yeah the original troupe made a big impact on my consciousness back in the day--talk about talented people. Probably it's also about how good or weak the writers are, and maybe about where society is in "the times".

This is more improv than sketch comedy, but I used to really like Whose Line Is It Anyway--the British version. John Sessions was brilliant! One guest star was Jonathan Pryce.

Boldfinger mentioned Python--I'm still a huge fan, tons of fans in the U.S. And I can still remember, around 1977, seeing an episode of Dad's Army that was really funny! Then there was The Two Ronnies, Faulty Towers, good old Benny Hill! And of course Blackadder.
  • boldfinger wrote: »
    SNL is in typical and natural form, terribly unfunny.

Except that what I saw of that was really quite funny, not only Monty Python.

Yeah agreed, Monty Python is brilliant. I was thinking more of the Saturday night fare.
  • manovermanover uk
    Hopefully the film is in lockdown and stored away safely...i presume they will now slowdown with the promotion and pick it up again in sep time.
    Just had a thought re: "now your enemy is my enemy." What if he is talking about Madeline and not Safin? Given that Bond was clearly upset seeing her at the prison, I could see Blofeld trying to twist his mind.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Just had a thought re: "now your enemy is my enemy." What if he is talking about Madeline and not Safin? Given that Bond was clearly upset seeing her at the prison, I could see Blofeld trying to twist his mind.

Yeah that's a good point, I never thought of that. Wonder how much of Blofled we'll see in the film? Perhaps the one prison scene and the voiceover at the Spectre party
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I only need one Blofeld scene... the one where he escapes at the end. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I only need one Blofeld scene... the one where he escapes at the end. ;)

In a bathosub.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Maybe this was posted already. Cool music.

Nokia aparece en No time to die
    Maybe this was posted already. Cool music.

Nokia aparece en No time to die

Really cool music.
    Almost as if lifted from Tron Legacy.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Almost as if lifted from Tron Legacy.

I didn’t realize. Lol
    Contraband wrote: »

That is hilarious. Actually makes me wish Craig genuinely lightened up as Bond a bit more often.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Walecs wrote: »
    Also, interesting straw man fallacy you have there.

Strawman fallacy? I was using logic - as I always do. You said:
    people who are so insistent that it’s “you” are just hearing what they want to hear.

EON posted a video which says "The death of you".

So, you just said that EON are hearing what they want to hear.

Never enter a debate with me, man, I rarely lose.

Will you let this go please, thank you.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm possibly late to the party with this one.
    But has this trailer been posted before?

Fan made, surely. Right?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Very well done if so.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Univex wrote: »
    Fan made, surely. Right?

Yes, fan-made
    Yeah, fan art - annoying that the guy felt like he had to 'clickbait' it by marking it as official...there are a few fan editors that do that. A shame, because it's an awesome piece otherwise.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I hate people that use the word 'official' when it's the opposite, so it gets a downvote from me.
    I'm not sure it's even that great: the opening with the old films goes on forever and chooses some really dull shots.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Completely agree.

Reminds me of what's also annoying and lame: when people start threads where the thread title includes the word 'official', over-hyping the subject, IMOO. For example: 'The Official hair thread.' It also comes across as condescending towards any prior hair-related thread, deeming it as unofficial. ~X(
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    QBranch wrote: »
    Completely agree.

Reminds me of what's also annoying and lame: when people start threads where the thread title includes the word 'official', over-hyping the subject, IMOO. For example: 'The Official hair thread.' It also comes across as condescending towards any prior hair-related thread, deeming it as unofficial. ~X(

Although this one's okay as it was set up to discuss the official trailer, rather than being the official thread in which we discuss trailers :D
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    Benny wrote: »
    I'm possibly late to the party with this one.
    But has this trailer been posted before?

I saw this yesterday. As far as fan made trailers go this is certainly one of the better ones I've seen.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Is this new? Not the trailer footage but the french dubbing?

Contraband wrote: »
    Is this new? Not the trailer footage but the french dubbing?

Not new.