Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

Quoting lalala2004: OK, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but my little "inbox" button has had a 1 by it for several days, as if I had a message, but I don't. It's really annoying....

I've deleted all my messages, and it's still there....

Help me make it go away :(

Before anyone suggests it, I already had a few drinks, and it hasn't made me feel better about that nagging #1 in the corner....
    I'm sure you've noticed, but it does the same thing when you start a discussion. Always says there is a new post even when there isn't. So now I have TWO number ones staring at me and taunting me with lies :-S
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    Hmm, not sure I follow. What happens when you start a discussion?
    It notifies you when there are replies. And it shows that there is always one new reply, even if there isn't. Just like your inbox....
  • LudsLuds MIA
    The only time I've see this lala was when I didn't notice there was another page with a comment. Is this possible?
    Yeah, Nick and I talked about this off the forum and it's just me being dumb...Ignore me.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting lalala2004: Yeah, Nick and I talked about this off the forum and it's just me being dumb...Ignore me.
    Are you asking for an Ignore button now? ;)
    No, simply ignore me the old-fashioned way....
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Quoting lalala2004:
    No, simply ignore me the old-fashioned way....
    Dum dee dum, did someone speak? X_X :*
    For many other boards that I frequent, on the login screen, my user name and password auto fill, but here that doesn't happen. I use Firefox as my browser. I have to type in my user name and password here with each visit.

A long time ago, before firefox, on some sites I visited, I would automatically be logged in... but the full auto login does not happen with any sites that I visit now. But, at least on most sites, the auto fill works.

How is it for you ?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    @Bond_Ed you can log in with your screen name even though it says Email. Also, tick the box to keep you logged in.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 22
    Just wondered if there was any update on a "Mark all threads read" button?
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Must admit, guys, sadly I'm having trouble updating my status/ activity on my profile page. The thing's not loading and a would-be pop-up appears that won't load either...
  • LudsLuds MIA
    We're looking into this one Georgio, same fix may very well resolve multiple issues with quoting, sending PM (which doesn't return to inbox) and updating profile/comments.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Cheers, Ludster...! :)
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,380
    As per the post linked below in the 'Changes' thread, the following bugs should now be resolved for most browsers. The side-effect is that the quote system has changed. Please see the link below for further info:
    http://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/12369#Comment_12369

Bugs being addressed by the latest updates:

Once a new conversation is sent, the screen doesn't refresh.

Posting to member's walls sometimes does not refresh.

Updating your status sometimes does not refersh.

Discussion didn't refresh after a user posted (may still be an issue with Firefox 3.X - if it is, upgrade to Firefox 4)

Quoting in IE often misses the opening bracket < of < blockquote>

Quoting quoted posts tends to add some tags < br> < div> (likely added in initial quoting in some browsers)

Quoting sometimes sets < ul class=x>< li class=y>< div class=comment>< div class=message>
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited May 2011 Posts: 1,986
    Bugs being addressed by the latest updates:

Once a new conversation is sent, the screen doesn't refresh.
    Note to all users that it takes a second or two to refresh the page and return to the sent conversation page.

Technical Roadmap page also updated with recent changes
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Being an Internet Explorer user, these updates whilst using the main forum really are great. Quoting now works and no more refreshing to see your just sent post.

Keep us the good work. I hope the next thing done is make use of all that empty right hand space, as well as bold, italic and underline buttons being implemented.
  • can I feedback on the main site Mi6-hq? the fan fiction is broken though you should know that it goes directly to the main page...
    I´m having trouble with the quote function. When I mark a piece of text there used to show a square reading, ´quote this text´. Yesterday and today it didn´t work. Both on Crome and Explorer. Did I miss some change?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2011 Posts: 4,416
    You must first go back to the thread or at F5 before you see your post. Postscreen turn Blue when you preview or post a post, this made you not realy get the idea you post.

Missing a search machiene to search to my own post. In other words: I can't find my own posted.

Finaly the Quote ghost function is fixed, but stil there is no No img button.

None Bond news posted in news part, whyle it should be in the general discussion.

The Smilies buttion i like to see upstairs not in the post. Problem be if you at a post you don't see 2 or 3 letters what you type.

On the oldforums i already get the idea a litle bit how to go to be more on topic subjects, but on this one it be dificult too to find my/our way i get the idea. ''What do you want to see?'' "Can you play any other tune? Who should perform Bond 23's theme...?'' is to general.

edited May 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I´m having trouble with the quote function. When I mark a piece of text there used to show a square reading, ´quote this text´. Yesterday and today it didn´t work. Both on Crome and Explorer. Did I miss some change?
    That has now been removed @boldfinger in order to fix a number of errors.

Instead, each post has a 'Quote' button at the top between 'Permalink' and 'Flag'. If you click that, the desired post will then appear in the 'Post Comment' box for you.
    You´re right, there it is. Wow, this is embarrassing, not seeing it right in front of my nose :"> .
    Thanks Sam.
    That's OK. I'm glad I was able to assist.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    You must first go back to the thread or at F5 before you see your post. Postscreen turn Blue when you preview or post a post, this made you not realy get the idea you post.
    Can we ask what browser you are using? Internet Explorer, have you upgraded it to the latest version recently?
    Missing a search machiene to search to my own post. In other words: I can't find my own posted.
    You should find what you are looking for on your profile: by clicking the buttons "Discussions" [topics you started] or "Comments" [posts you've made in others' topics].
    None Bond news posted in news part, whyle it should be in the general discussion.
    These need to be dealt with post-by-post, just contact a moderator or use the flag feature to point out a post in the wrong topic.
    On the oldforums i already get the idea a litle bit how to go to be more on topic subjects, but on this one it be dificult too to find my/our way i get the idea. ''What do you want to see?'' "Can you play any other tune? Who should perform Bond 23's theme...?'' is to general.
    Again, this is down to the user that posts it. Why not suggest a topic title change, if a moderator or the thread author agrees with you, we can make that happen on a case by case basis.
  • when I come here...it so slow is there something wrong with the server? takes some time to load
  • I may be completely incompetent, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change what I'd like everyone to see on my avatar. I do not get a little icon showing up on the screen after hitting "edit thumbnail." I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere, but if anyone has any technical advice, I'd appreciate it. =]
  • do anyone have the same problem? with loading into here? it usually fast but it so slow please help!
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited June 2011 Posts: 1,986
    do anyone have the same problem? with loading into here? it usually fast but it so slow please help!
    No it's very fast for me, any page loads within a second. I suspect some issues with your browser, IE especially.

@ONS When selecting Edit Thumbnail, you need to click somewhere in your picture and then drag to make a square which will be used as icon. I played with it and set it to the lady's face and it worked fine.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    do anyone have the same problem? with loading into here? it usually fast but it so slow please help!

I also have the same problem so its not a browser issue(since I am not using IE). But the main HQ site and everything other site I go to loads within seconds. This forum takes atleast a minute or two to load
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Mine loads in seconds. Curious
This discussion has been closed.