GoldenEye watch-along with Pierce Brosnan 19th April

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Brosnan really wanted DAD's Aston Martin! :-))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Brosnan really wanted DAD's Aston Martin! :-))

"I want it in writing."
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    What a kind thing to do to cheer us all up. He's visibly uncomfortable doing it and I just want to give him a big hug.

Right? I'm sure it's not that easy to watch yourself in such an iconic role but he seems very in-tune on everything. It's much appreciated, I'd imagine it's not the most exciting thing to do.

Watching yourself - or even sitting still - for 2+ hours is actually difficult. But I think that he is doing a great job and providing a lot of insights.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Some really great moments he is sharing.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    What a kind thing to do to cheer us all up. He's visibly uncomfortable doing it and I just want to give him a big hug.

Right? I'm sure it's not that easy to watch yourself in such an iconic role but he seems very in-tune on everything. It's much appreciated, I'd imagine it's not the most exciting thing to do.

Watching yourself - or even sitting still - for 2+ hours is actually difficult. But I think that he is doing a great job and providing a lot of insights.

Same here. He's revealed a few things that I'd never heard in the past 20-some years of my GE fandom which makes it absolutely worth it. I'm very glad he's done this.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm sure that once the film is over, Brosnan will investigate where that 'ding' sound is coming from.
    I'm sure that once the film is over, Brosnan will investigate where that 'ding' sound is coming from.

No doubt!
    This is such a privilege.
    I love his attitude, especially following on from his story about his custom built Aston Martin car going up in smoke “Haha, life.”
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    One things that’s cool about this is not necessarily that Brosnan is watching it with us, but *everyone* is watching Goldeneye at the same time. Very cool. Friends are texting me “here comes the tank chase” lol
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Brosnan explaining how he 'drove' the tank is bloody hilarious. :-)) 'Pokery-jiggery'.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    When this is all over and people ask me how were you during the crisis, I will say I took part in a watch along of Goldeneye with die hard Bond fans and Pierce Brosnan
    "Are they paying you enough money?" - Connery to Brosnan about the role. Hilarious.
    "Are they paying you enough money?" - Connery to Brosnan about the role. Hilarious.

Also…haircut?
    Really love this. I hope it gets back to him how much people are enjoying this and maybe he'd consider doing another one. I tweeted at him. Highlight of my week

That's my Sean! :-)
    This scene on the train is a highlight for me. "Why don't you just be a good boy and die"....."You first...and you...second!" The way PB adds that "second" always makes me smile. :-)
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    Really love this. I hope it gets back to him how much people are enjoying this and maybe he'd consider doing another one. I tweeted at him. Highlight of my week

He said he's done them before in a non-Bond capacity, I wonder what films they were. I'd certainly love to see him do it again one day, if not his other three installments then some of his non-Bond work.
    Watching this on my laptop, and can't put on GE at the same time. Oh well, listening to Pierce talking is good enough.
    He's recommending some red wine now as the film winds down. "Forget about the tea," that's rich.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Hehe! Aw he's hating it, isn't he? It's much appreciated though, it's a lot of fun to watch it with him.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mtm wrote: »
    Hehe! Aw he's hating it, isn't he? It's much appreciated though, it's a lot of fun to watch it with him.

My gf and I are noticing the same thing :P not much of a chatty guy, doesn’t really love to watch himself, makes me appreciate that he’s doing it for the fans more.
    It's definitely a big ask for him but everyone's loving and appreciating it so I'm glad it wasn't a big waste of time for him. I'm sure he's aching to get back out in the garden, though, the weather looks wonderful.
    It's definitely a big ask for him but everyone's loving and appreciating it so I'm glad it wasn't a big waste of time for him. I'm sure he's aching to get back out in the garden, though, the weather looks wonderful.

He's also mentioned it's very hot in that room but he can't open the door since it would be too loud
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I have gone to the kitchen several times with headphones on so I can keep listening, poor PB has not moved at all for nearly 2 hours total respect.
    bondbat007 wrote: »

He's also mentioned it's very hot in that room but he can't open the door since it would be too loud

No doubt, you can hear the wind really pick up from time to time. At least someone's keeping him supplied with water (Keely or maybe his son/son's girlfriend).
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Very much enjoying this. Pierce is a good sport. It's nice to see him remember the experience with such fondness. And his little tidbits about Campbell are ace.
    "I'm gonna need a martini after this."
    Very much enjoying this. Pierce is a good sport. It's nice to see him remember the experience with such fondness. And his little tidbits about Campbell are ace.

And considering he's worked with him again recently, the feeling seems to be mutual
    They should add this commentary to the 4K release.
    They should add this commentary to the 4K release.

One can dream. It'd be a great addition to a physical release.