GoldenEye watch-along with Pierce Brosnan 19th April

Comments

• edited April 2020 Posts: 15,801
    Forgive this amazingly dense question, but I'm under the impression one rents GE from Youtube. Was there another site? I'd rather pop in my own Blu ray and sync it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2020 Posts: 23,271
    YouTube link...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @ToTheRight, that's the feeling I got, they want you to rent it so it's all synced up (though I will probably just use my blu-ray, too).
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Forgive this amazingly dense question, but I'm under the impression one rents GE from Youtube. Was there another site? I'd rather pop in my own Blu ray and sync it.

I am watching my digital copy on Amazon Prime on one screen and watching PB stream on YouTube.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @ToTheRight, that's the feeling I got, they want you to rent it so it's all synced up (though I will probably just use my blu-ray, too).

Cool. Thanks. Popping in mu copy now......................
    It's starting.
    YouTube link...

Thanks!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Pierce Brosnan must be lying about his age, no way he is almost 67! He looks amazing for his age.
    Awesome
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Mr. Brosnan looks great. I'm gonna watch.
    Agree with PB a great pre title sequence
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    WOW! This is Great!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Just realized how timely GE is in the current situation - given the lack of toilet paper in the bathroom scene (similar to Campbell's CR!).
    Who else is barely watching the film and just listening to PB lol
    Who else is barely watching the film and just listening to PB lol

+1
    The livestream is my focus, for sure. I've seen this film so much, I can play it in full in my mind. Some fun insight so far, Pierce is incredibly charming.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    There is something magical about hearing Brosnan reading out-loud 'Albert R Broccoli presents Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007'.
    He's the got GOLDENEYE haircut as well! Looking damn good.
    There is something magical about hearing Brosnan reading out-loud 'Albert R Broccoli presents Pierce Brosnan as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007'.

Or hearing the "Bond, James Bond" line again at the opening of the livestream. Makes it worth it alone.
    This is fantastic... stream freezing

Seems okay again, hopefully it won't have any more technical issues.
    It froze for about 20 seconds for me but it's back now.

Brosnan with the slip-up, "DB7."

Seems okay again, hopefully it won't have any more technical issues.

Thought it was my connection, all fine now
    :)) PB reaction to Famke
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,619
    Very moving description of the pressure of being Bond!
    'What was that ding sound?'

Sounds like something Brosnan's Bond would have asked Q!
    Very honest and respectful toward his opportunity
    Provided it's a legitimate account, seems Wayne Michaels is participating, too!
    Brilliant anecdote from Pierce about his PPK falling into the water! I love he can make fun of himself with such self-confidence and charisma. What a legend.