GoldenEye watch-along with Pierce Brosnan 19th April

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    This will be fun!
    This will be fun!
    Indeed!!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    They should get Sean Bean in on this, and they should have many beers together while doing it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Holy hell, I'm so in for this.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    OMG. Yes.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    \m/
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Cool. He said in several interviews that he doesn't like to watch himself and I think he didn't see the film for a long time. Would be fun to listen to him.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes I presume if it's on YouTube he'll be actually talking along..?
    Exactly what we need, EON, are you watching?
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    This is so great! Thanks to @mtm for the alert.
    Now, we all have to make sure we are watching the same version. Is there one version or are there different edits?
    patb wrote: »
    Now, we all have to make sure we are watching the same version. Is there one version or are there different edits?

It seems that everyone will follow along by renting it off of iTunes or Google Play, so I'd imagine it's the regular theatrical version we're all used to and not some TV edit. I'll just be curious to see whether it's a video stream he's doing or if he's communicating through chat. Either way, should be a blast.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    patb wrote: »

It seems that everyone will follow along by renting it off of iTunes or Google Play, so I'd imagine it's the regular theatrical version we're all used to and not some TV edit. I'll just be curious to see whether it's a video stream he's doing or if he's communicating through chat. Either way, should be a blast.

It'll be a video stream on Esquire's YouTube, Twitter and Facebook
    I need to get in on this hopefully?!!!! [-O< :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Great stuff I have Sunday night off work, a good excuse to unwind and get a few beers in.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,518
    They should get Sean Bean in on this, and they should have many beers together while doing it.

This would be so brilliant! Looks like 7am for those on the west coast.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 12,914
    What the heck. Unexpected. I mean, yes. Absolutely.

7 pm BST is the equivalent to EST 2 pm. I'm all in.
    container_key-from-james-bond-golden-eye-3d-printing-295121.jpg

So who coordinated this. And will other films follow. A windfall in our Bondtime.

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I don't think they're at all prepared for how many viewers they'll get!

Maybe we should have a private chatalong in here too? Not often we're all doing the same thing at the same time.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    This will be a blast. Not exactly sure how it's going to work but it sounds as if they'll be filming/recording him through a live feed.
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    I’ll be there!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's going to be quite pleasingly bonkers having a little Pierce sat on another screen watching the film with you :D Maybe I'll put him next to the telly.

They've been doing some excellent cast and crew tweet-alongs with Doctor Who episodes, the writers have even been writing new scenes to go along with them which some of the cast have even recorded at home, plus lots of behind the scenes stuff and new info, it's been really impressive.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Does anyone know if Brosnan's commentary will be available on replay on Youtube? If I miss some parts of his live stream, I hope I can rewatch it in full tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if Brosnan's commentary will be available on replay on Youtube? If I miss some parts of his live stream, I hope I can rewatch it in full tomorrow.

Probably!

They are saying yes although I never quite believe them until it happens 😝

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Awesome, thanks @NickTwentyTwo! Can't wait to hear Pierce's insights on this classic Bond film.

They are saying yes although I never quite believe them until it happens 😝

Thanks @Max_The_Parrot for the info from Esquire!
    @Max_The_Parrot Thanks for the info! I didn't see your post until now as we posted at the same time. :-))
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,426
    You’re welcome guys, looking forward to it, I’ll be spinning the disc up ready in a few minutes! ☺️ Enjoy! 👍
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Watching on YouTube all set and ready to sync, its times like this its handy having three screens in my lounge.
    Anyone have a link for the live stream or is the video simply going live in 10 minutes? I want to be ready once it starts.